Petacchi wins

Trg

Guest
,Petacchi became only the third rider in history to win stages in all three grand tours in the same
season and the first to do it since 1958.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> ,Petacchi became only the third rider in history to win stages in all three grand tours in the
> same season and the first to do it since 1958.

Convincingly, too, by about a bike-length over Zabel and another three over third-place Boonen.
Beautifully done. Any predictions as to how many he will pull down by the end?

-Sonarrat.

please refrain from giving away results in header. a simple "Stage two results" would have been
better. I was just about to go to cyclingnews.com and slowly go through the summary when I saw your
header. a small thing but does help. Gary

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:39:23 +0200, "trg" <[email protected]> wrote:

>,Petacchi became only the third rider in history to win stages in all three grand tours in the same
>season and the first to do it since 1958.

But who has the most GT stage wins in one season?

Regards! Stephen

"Gary" <[email protected]> wrote

and who are you to confuse people with these wrong guidelines? The standard is to put top 3 in the
header. Make it up by contributing this very Vuelta pls.

Thanks,
B.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:30:11 -0500, Gary <[email protected]> wrote:

>please refrain from giving away results in header. a simple "Stage two results" would have been
>better. I was just about to go to cyclingnews.com and slowly go through the summary when I saw your
>header. a small thing but does help. Gary
>
>trg wrote:
>
>>,Petacchi became only the third rider in history to win stages in all three grand tours in the
>>same season and the first to do it since 1958.

Jeez - rbr encourages results in headers so we don't have to read the mince in the body.

Regards! Stephen

"Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote .

> But who has the most GT stage wins in one season?

Is this a question or a quizz ?

Thanks!
B.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:15:23 GMT, "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote .
>> >
>> But who has the most GT stage wins in one season?
>
>Is this a question or a quizz ?
>
>Thanks!
>B.

Quiz - from Eurosport today - I'd forgotten how many he'd won that year - frightening...

Regards! Stephen

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:15:23 GMT, Bart wrote:
> quizz ?

AAARGH! Pourtant, c'est "quiz" avec le seul z.

Winning two out of every three stages in a GT is more than scaring.

The bloke can simply be talked to by visiting the museum where he works. I can't guarantee you'll
understand a thing, but that's not the point.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:29:53 GMT, "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Winning two out of every three stages in a GT is more than scaring.
>
>The bloke can simply be talked to by visiting the museum where he works. I can't guarantee you'll
>understand a thing, but that's not the point.

I didn't know about his current circumstances - doesn't sound good. He is one of my all time heroes
- along with his lead-out man from those days. Another one who is difficult to understand - but that
didn't stop him getting a job commentating on Eurosport....

Regards! Stephen

She is beginning to do some TV commercial work. You have a fine eye!

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:59:45 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> > He's Gary. http://www.kvne.com/gary.htm
>
> I think Tricia should move on to tv.

Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Quiz - from Eurosport today - I'd forgotten how many he'd won that year - frightening...

So is it the type of quiz where you actually provide an answer, or do you just assume everyone knows
the answer and start talking about him, therefore having no point to the quiz at all?

NS

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:55:50 GMT, Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote:

>Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> Quiz - from Eurosport today - I'd forgotten how many he'd won that year - frightening...
>

>So is it the type of quiz where you actually provide an answer, or do you just assume everyone
>knows the answer and start talking about him, therefore having no point to the quiz at all?
>
>NS
Providing clues to the answer?

Regards! Stephen

>trg wrote:
>>,Petacchi became only the third rider in history to win stages in all three grand tours in the
>>same season and the first to do it since 1958.

****. Some of us tape the race to watch later...unless a useless punter like yourself posts
the results.

Thx, Ronde Chimp

"Ronde Chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >trg wrote:
> >>,Petacchi became only the third rider in history to win stages in all
three
> >>grand tours in the same season and the first to do it since 1958.
>

> ****. Some of us tape the race to watch later...unless a useless punter like yourself posts the
> results.
>

> Thx, Ronde Chimp

Ploink! Killfile...........