best time to buy

dailuggs

New Member
Aug 27, 2003
just wondering when the best time to buy bikes would, im looking for a nice new road bike however with all the rain and therefore slippery roads ill probably stick on my hybrid till the sun comes out, but when would be a good time to buy a road bike- i guess before christmas it will be expensive and after it would be cheaper perhaps? any advice please

dailuggs <[email protected]> writes:

> just wondering when the best time to buy bikes would, im looking for a nice new road bike however
> with all the rain and therefore slippery roads ill probably stick on my hybrid till the sun comes
> out, but when would be a good time to buy a road bike- i guess before christmas it will be
> expensive and after it would be cheaper perhaps? any advice please

Now is cheap. People buy bikes in the late spring and early summer to go out and enjoy the weather.
They don't tend to buy bikes in the autumn. Furthermore manufacturers bring out their new ranges in
the autumn to be ready for Christmas. So at this time of year you can get real bargains in 'last
year's models'. Obviously there are some bargains after Christmas as a result of overstocks, but if
you're looking for the cheapest time of year to buy a good bike, I'd say probably October.

;; MS Windows: A thirty-two bit extension ... to a sixteen bit ;; patch to an eight bit
operating system originally coded for a ;; four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company
that ;; can't stand one bit of competition -- anonymous