or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Health and medical › Feeling need to clear throat after eating
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Feeling need to clear throat after eating

post #1 of 2
Is it common for a person to feel the need to frequently clear their
throat after eating most meals? I mean, having to cough maybe two
dozen times within four minutes. (Mostly after eating greasy foods.)

It's annoying for the person and the people around them.
Is there a remedy for this? Is it a matter of health concern?

Thank you for any advice (or if you can recommend a news group to
better answer this).
post #2 of 2

Re: Feeling need to clear throat after eating

In article <vilmcthb6ud025@corp.supernews.com>,
Virginia <vodine@direct.ca> wrote:
>(This newsgroup doesn't really seem to focus on the matter at hand, but it's
>fun to read sometimes.)
>Sound like it could be an allergy or intolerance. An allergen is either
>producing mucous or causing a tickle, possibly a mild swelling in the
>throat.
>The person should keep track of what foods cause this, and eliminate as
>necessary. (greasy foods are not necessary.)

Another possibility is that it's due to dairy in the meal. I
sometimes get this effect. But I like milk, so I put up with it.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

>"Gregorso" <gplantam@onebox.com> wrote in message
>> Is it common for a person to feel the need to frequently clear their
>> throat after eating most meals? I mean, having to cough maybe two
>> dozen times within four minutes. (Mostly after eating greasy foods.)
>>
>> It's annoying for the person and the people around them.
>> Is there a remedy for this? Is it a matter of health concern?
>>
>> Thank you for any advice (or if you can recommend a news group to
>> better answer this).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health and medical