Remote digital thermometer

Ted Campanelli

Guest
I just saw one of my Christmas presents - a Maverick ET-72 digital
remote thermometer.

I have been wanting a remote thermometer for awhile, but have been
turned off by the short life and high replacement costs of the probes
(Poulder in particular ) in various reviews. The only review I have
been able to find on the Maverick is for the ET-7 Dual Probe unit
(excellent review for this model).

Anyone have any first hand experience with this model, especially with
probe life and replacement availability ?

Thanks

Ted Campanelli wrote:

> Anyone have any first hand experience with this model, especially with
> probe life and replacement availability ?

Probe life is a direct reflection of how it is handled and used. For
example, if you attempt to use the probe outside of its temperature
threshold, you will cause it to fail; or if you abrade the probe wires, it
will fail. I use polders with no problems; the same with the Maverick,
Nu-Temp, and the various Chinese iterations.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com