or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sharkskin in BBB gloves

post #1 of 7
Hi all,

A collegue of mine has some gloves for winter riding. The tag says they are Sharkskin 45%, Fleece 12%, Nylon 20%, Windster 10%, Foam 13%.

Anyone know if thats real sharkskin?? They're machine washable and non iron if that helps.

Thanks

Tom
post #2 of 7

Re: Sharkskin in BBB gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by casurina99

Anyone know if thats real sharkskin?? They're machine washable and non iron if that helps.

Thanks

Tom
Ever seen a wrinkly shark? They are permanent press, and presoaked to prevent shrinkage.
post #3 of 7

Re: Sharkskin in BBB gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPLama

How to they perform in the wet?

cheers,
GPL
Admirably, but they dont smell any more than the ususal gloves.

I think its a proprietry name for a nifty fabric, but just wanted to ask the world if thats correct.
post #4 of 7

Re: Sharkskin in BBB gloves

casurina99 wrote:

> Admirably, but they dont smell any more than the ususal gloves.
>
> I think its a proprietry name for a nifty fabric, but just wanted to
> ask the world if thats correct.

Yes sharkskin, but may be made from a horse or a seal.

Collins
shagreen (?æ`gri:n) n. 1. the rough skin of certain sharks and rays, used
as an abrasive.2. a rough grainy leather made from certain animal
hides.[C17: from French chagrin, from Turkish çagri rump; also associated
through folk etymology with SHAG1, GREEN]

MacQuarie
shagreen

1. a kind of untanned leather with a granular surface, prepared from the
skin of the horse, shark, seal, etc.

2. the rough skin of certain sharks, used as an abrasive.

[formerly chagrin, from F, from Turk.: the rump of a horse]

Theo
post #5 of 7

Re: Sharkskin in BBB gloves

My gloves are 100% pure elephant foreskin and they're awesome.

LotteBum
post #6 of 7

Re: Sharkskin in BBB gloves

On 2005-07-05, LotteBum <LotteBum.1rodm2@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> My gloves are 100% pure elephant foreskin and they're awesome.

*considers a reply*
*decides not to go there*

post #7 of 7

Hi, About those shark skin gloves, I do not belive they were made out of genuine shark skin leather.

Never seen before one of those. But I can get some genuine shark skin gloves soon, since my Company is just creating that

line to  be introduced into the global market in about few days ahead.

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Australia and New Zealand