or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Americans kicking frog ass....again - Page 2

post #16 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

<moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> PanFan wrote:
> > "moorehead" <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote in
> >
> > > Lance is 2 seconds behind fellow American David Zabriskie at the end

of
> > > the 3rd stage of the TdF, without even breaking a sweat. Teammate ...
> > > and not a frog to be found anywhere close to the top.
> > >
> > > Damn, it must suck to be French.

> > That's so... 2002.
> >
> > Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
> > have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French

were
> > right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> 25 million Iraqis are now free, Iraqi sovereignty has been restored, a
> Constitution is being written, Saddam is in custody, and the first free
> and fair elections in the last 3+ decades were just held with 8 million
> Iraqis voting.....some "quagmire".
>
> It must suck to be French and oppose freedom for oppressed Muslims.
>
> mj

It must suck to watch so much television.
post #17 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

Must suck to be THAT narrow minded. There are good things that have
come out of that situation.. but don't kid yourself thinking all is
hunkey-dorey...

Maybe politics.. if we really think about.. has little to do with
cycling... or maybe I'm way off the mark.

As for the testing only 1 person comment.. that is strange to say the
least... but taking it as a move against the entire US country.. I
don't know...
post #18 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

moorehead <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Damn, it must suck to be French.

Dumbass,

Trolls are not supposed to keep following up their own
posts. It hoses the troll/response ratio.

Thanks,

Bob Schwartz
cvcc@execpc.com
post #19 of 82

"DepartFictif" <bordure@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> As for Bessy? Ouaih, enfin bref.. passons

http://heh.pl/&kh
post #20 of 82

Bob Martin wrote:
> in 468818 20050704 185058 "moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com" <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Wow, Frenchie....you sound a little miffed at what wasn't much more
> >than mild teasing...I didn't even mention anything about cheese-eating
> >surrender monkeys, but there you go, right off the bat with
> >anti-American stereotypes - no doubt perpetuated by your fellow
> >ignorant rabid anti-American French buddies.

> I see only ONE rabid anti in this newsgroup, my friend.

Yeah, and like I said, I think I hit one of his exposed nerves....I
love exposing French anti-American hysterical loons whenever I find
them.

mj
post #21 of 82

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> moorehead <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Damn, it must suck to be French.

> Dumbass,
>
> Trolls are not supposed to keep following up their own
> posts. It hoses the troll/response ratio.

Bob, do ya spell your name with one 'O' or two? Booby, here's a
suggestion....put on a fresh drool bib, helmet, and spaz tether, and go
outside and play, m-kay junior? The grownups want to talk now. Bye!

mj
post #22 of 82

Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

> > I think the point is to maintain a sense of humor and balance. Or at the

> least
> > pretend such an equillibrium. No fun teasing someone who takes it well. It

> is
> > hard to even pretend to being gracious about it when THE one and only

> "random"
> > drug test is Lance Armstrong.

> Yeah, they were after him because he's American! I'm amazed at how people
> are able to put this in the right perspective.

Dumbass -

Why didn't the French government ever pull a 1 rider/"random test" on
Richard Virenque?

The one person from the Festina incident who claimed to be clean for
years after the incident before he fessed up.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
post #23 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

"moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com" wrote:

> What for? The TdF is the only one that counts.

The French sure are good at organizing bike races, aren't they?

Remember that next time some lazy city council member or
obstructionist cop denies you a permit for a measly 0.8-mile
crit ...
post #24 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > moorehead <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > Damn, it must suck to be French.

> > Dumbass,
> >
> > Trolls are not supposed to keep following up their own
> > posts. It hoses the troll/response ratio.
> >

> Bob, do ya spell your name with one 'O' or two? Booby, here's a
> suggestion....put on a fresh drool bib, helmet, and spaz tether, and go
> outside and play, m-kay junior? The grownups want to talk now. Bye!
>
> mj

So you gonna go out and find one to take your place in this
discussion?
Bill C
post #25 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

> Speaking of things that must suck, it must REALLY suck on this 4th of July
> to be a French hating American and to know that without the participation
> of
> the French in the American Revolution, there wouldn't BE a United States
> of
> America to send riders to a super cool French bikerace.
>
> May God bless America and may God bless France.

Yeah, you gotta wonder what the French now think of Lafayette. I also wonder
just how few Americans have a clue about that part of our history, or
understand the significance that the park across the street from the White
House is Layafette Park. My guess is that at least one person in the White
House hasn't a clue about that...

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
post #26 of 82

Re: OT: Re: Americans kicking...

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:07:07 -0700, "Rico X. Partay"
<billg@microsoft.com> wrote:

>moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> It must suck to be French and oppose freedom for
>> oppressed Muslims.

> Does it suck to be one of the 20,000 innocent Iraqi
>civilians now dead because the U.S. invaded? (Just wondering.)

I don't know, does it? Never been dead before. Maybe it rocks.

But I'm sure it sucks to be their families and loved ones.

Just like it sucked to be the families and loved ones of those SadDumb
killed.

(just figuring)

And no, I don't presume to have any answers.

post #27 of 82

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> > Speaking of things that must suck, it must REALLY suck on this 4th of July
> > to be a French hating American and to know that without the participation
> > of
> > the French in the American Revolution, there wouldn't BE a United States
> > of
> > America to send riders to a super cool French bikerace.
> >
> > May God bless America and may God bless France.

> Yeah, you gotta wonder what the French now think of Lafayette. I also wonder
> just how few Americans have a clue about that part of our history, or
> understand the significance that the park across the street from the White
> House is Layafette Park. My guess is that at least one person in the White
> House hasn't a clue about that...
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Mike your right, but it's been a serious give and take relationship. I
don't think Bush could've sold the Iraq war if France wasn't fighting
so hard to lift the UN sanctions against Hussein, and blatantly
violating them. France issued statements in support of the Un decisions
while it was completely ignoring them and doing everything they could
to have the sanctions lifted so that ELF could continue doing their
blood for oil relationship with Iraq. Russia and Germany were just as
guilty. Everybody including the US was ignoring international law and
agreements in the name of national interest. Bringing up what happened
200n years ago is moronic, because none of the nations is even close to
what they were then. More relevant is the last 60 years where we've all
cut each others throats at every chance for economic gain.
Bill C
post #28 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

No, it just sucks to have RBR invaded by clueless newbies every July.

-Ken
post #29 of 82

k.papai wrote:
> No, it just sucks to have RBR invaded by clueless newbies every July.
>
> -Ken

Ken, people paid P.T. Barnum big bucks to see a lot of these
specimens. I've just gone to cherrypicking comments from the people
here who have a clue. Like I said it's too bad we can't take their
money on the tourist swing through. There will probably be a couple who
stay after the Tour and that's our gain. I'd love to see more from
Davey, Benjo, Andy, etc... but what is, is. Hopefully some of the July
people step up and contribute that kind of stuff.
Bill C
post #30 of 82

Re: OT: Re: Americans kicking...

On 7/4/05 3:07 PM, in article 42c9b317$0$5243$812600b3@news.nntpaccess.com,
"Rico X. Partay" <billg@microsoft.com> wrote:

> moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> It must suck to be French and oppose freedom for
>> oppressed Muslims.

> Does it suck to be one of the 20,000 innocent Iraqi
> civilians now dead because the U.S. invaded? (Just wondering.)

Does it suck to be one of the hundreds of thousands arbitrarily killed by
the Saddam regime??

Does it suck to be one of the hundreds now being killed by the terrorists
from OUTSIDE Iraq???

But wait!! They ALL have a good reason! It is OUR (USA) fault! It has been
OUR fault they have been killing each other for the last thousand years!!

Oops! But the USA has only been around for 225 years...........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Road Cycling