or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Americans kicking frog ass....again - Page 3

post #31 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>>Speaking of things that must suck, it must REALLY suck on this 4th of July
>>to be a French hating American and to know that without the participation
>>of
>>the French in the American Revolution, there wouldn't BE a United States
>>of
>>America to send riders to a super cool French bikerace.
>>
>>May God bless America and may God bless France.

> Yeah, you gotta wonder what the French now think of Lafayette. I also wonder
> just how few Americans have a clue about that part of our history, or
> understand the significance that the park across the street from the White
> House is Layafette Park. My guess is that at least one person in the White
> House hasn't a clue about that...

Mike, you don't understand. The French disagreed with US foreign policy
and that makes them evil.
post #32 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

> More relevant is the last 60 years where we've all
> cut each others throats at every chance for economic gain.
> Bill C

Agreed. And you've also hit on what I find to be most ironic- that we don't
look to capitalism to provide the answers. If the amount of money we've
spent on bombing & rebuilding Iraq was instead used to essentially buy them
off... like the good old days... economic self-interest can work for &
against us. Right now, it seems to be working against us (and the rest of
the industrialized world), with China waiting in the wings to pick up the
pieces.

We need to bring this back to bikes though. Remember the old Tour of
Vietnam? My memories of the event are rather fuzzy, but I believe it
continued for some time into the war (obviously held in South Vietnam), but
hazy memories of the actual race, combined with more-vivid memories of the
surfing "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning" scene from Apocalypse
Now, may be merging into something the race never was.

[I'm concerned about contributing to an off-topic post, or do we get points
for *anything* that's not related to the Tour de France during July?]

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Bill C" <tritonrider@aol.com> wrote in message

> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> > Speaking of things that must suck, it must REALLY suck on this 4th of
>> > July
>> > to be a French hating American and to know that without the
>> > participation
>> > of
>> > the French in the American Revolution, there wouldn't BE a United
>> > States
>> > of
>> > America to send riders to a super cool French bikerace.
>> >
>> > May God bless America and may God bless France.

>> Yeah, you gotta wonder what the French now think of Lafayette. I also
>> wonder
>> just how few Americans have a clue about that part of our history, or
>> understand the significance that the park across the street from the
>> White
>> House is Layafette Park. My guess is that at least one person in the
>> White
>> House hasn't a clue about that...
>>
>> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

> Mike your right, but it's been a serious give and take relationship. I
> don't think Bush could've sold the Iraq war if France wasn't fighting
> so hard to lift the UN sanctions against Hussein, and blatantly
> violating them. France issued statements in support of the Un decisions
> while it was completely ignoring them and doing everything they could
> to have the sanctions lifted so that ELF could continue doing their
> blood for oil relationship with Iraq. Russia and Germany were just as
> guilty. Everybody including the US was ignoring international law and
> agreements in the name of national interest. Bringing up what happened
> 200n years ago is moronic, because none of the nations is even close to
> what they were then. More relevant is the last 60 years where we've all
> cut each others throats at every chance for economic gain.
> Bill C

post #33 of 82

"Tim Lines" <SPAM@SPAM.SPAM.SPAM> wrote in message news:V-udnYgFEpTzUVTfRVn-tQ@giganews.com...
> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> > Mike, you don't understand. The French disagreed with US foreign policy

> and that makes them evil.

Greg LeMond started it back in the early '90s or late '80s when he said to the
media " I'd like to see a Frenchman go to America at nineteen, get a pro baseball
contract and do what I've done."

Now that was uncalled for!
post #34 of 82

Fred wrote:
> <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > PanFan wrote:
> > > "moorehead" <moorehead_johnson@hotmail.com> wrote in

> of

> > > That's so... 2002.
> > >
> > > Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
> > > have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French

> were
> > > right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> > 25 million Iraqis are now free, Iraqi sovereignty has been restored, a
> > Constitution is being written, Saddam is in custody, and the first free
> > and fair elections in the last 3+ decades were just held with 8 million
> > Iraqis voting.....some "quagmire".
> >
> > It must suck to be French and oppose freedom for oppressed Muslims.
> >
> > mj
> >

> It must suck to watch so much television.

It must suck to be such a moron - anyone watching the leftist news
media in the US would think like you and panfan....the news media spoon
feeds the bad news and doesn't report good news, and the liberal
lemmings aren't ambitious enough or smart enough to seek out and learn
anything other than what they are told. Which is sad. Typical, but
sad.

I prefer to get my information from boots on the ground, and Iraqis
themselves...when they say it's a quagmire, I'll believe it.

mj
post #35 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

-John F. Kennedy
post #36 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

The men of Normandy had faith that what they were doing was right, faith
that they fought for all humanity, faith that a just God would grant them
mercy on this beachhead or the next. It was the deep knowledge -- and pray
God we have not lost it -- that there is a profound moral difference between
the use of force for liberation and the use of force for conquest.

-Ronald Reagan
post #37 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

Pessimism never won any battle.
-Dwight Eisenhower
post #38 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
-George Washington
post #39 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them
away.
-Ronald Reagan
post #40 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike you, do not wait until he has
struck before you crush him.
-Franklin Roosevelt
post #41 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
-Thomas Jefferson
post #42 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

On 7/4/05 5:59 PM, in article
1120526703.46d4f45b37f32f3cb89165e65081f403@teranews, "Dr. Long Duck Dong"
<nobody@example.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> "PanFan" <nomail@none.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
>> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
>> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Too bad they didn't tell us in German as should so easily have been the
> case...

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of
the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and
women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.
-Ronald Reagan
post #43 of 82

Me wrote:

> >> Considering the worsening Iraq quagmire, and the billions of dollars we
> >> have sunk into that black hole, this American acknowledges the French were
> >> right for warning us not to stay out of Iraq. Too bad we didn't listen.

> Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
> any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
> any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
>
> -John F. Kennedy

Dumbass -

The Bush Admin's spin about "liberty" for Iraqis is bull****. They sold
the WMD "threat to America" angle, and not surprisingly, it didn't
exist (not suprising because in the 1991 Gulf War, when Saddam actually
possessed the WMD *and* was in a war w/ us, he elected not to use
them).

"Liberty" isn't something to be forced upon people. It's something a
people must seize for themselves. Most of the Middle Eastern isn't at
that point yet, not the least because of the tribalism in their
cultures - strongmen need to be in power to keep the tribal rivalries
tamped down.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
post #44 of 82

"Me" <noone@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message news:BEEF343B.12E6DA%noone@NOTHERE.net...
> Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
> any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
> any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Here what Lance's woman thinks

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/d...Fid=458&sfid=2
post #45 of 82

Re: Americans kicking frog ass....again

So you're saying there's hope, ehh Bill?
Cool!
-KJP, looking forward to one killer TTT tomorrow.
I doubt any team will come close to Discovery.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Road Cycling