Enova Oil

Do the simple, inexpensive experiment, George. Get a couple dozen
feeder mice. Feed half of them enova oil (used the way Americans will
use it, for example, to fry meat with) at 30% caloric intake, then feed
the other half fresh coconut oil (uncooked) at 30% caloric intake.
Otherwise, everything else should be the same. See which group lives
longer. Then you will know which fat source is best. What you will
learn is that food that acts as an oxidizing agent is very dangerous.

George Cherry wrote:
> Better than olive oil?

Hi George,

It's certainly not healthier. Enova oil is produced from soybean and
canola oil and therefore contains mainly polyunsaturated fatty acids
which easily oxidize in the body. Besides unlike olive oil it contains
hardly any antioxidants to protect it from oxidation.

i have a bottle right here but only used it once. it says 30% of 1
tablespoon is vitamin E. doesnt say which form though......

news:[email protected]...

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:08:40 GMT, "Scibot" <[email protected]> wrote:

>i have a bottle right here but only used it once. it says 30% of 1
>tablespoon is vitamin E. doesnt say which form though......

That would be 30% of the daily value of vitamin E. (not 30% of the oil).

Ora

>"Olafur Pall Olafsson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> George Cherry wrote:
>>> Better than olive oil?

>> Hi George,
>>
>> It's certainly not healthier. Enova oil is produced from soybean and
>> canola oil and therefore contains mainly polyunsaturated fatty acids
>> which easily oxidize in the body. Besides unlike olive oil it contains
>> hardly any antioxidants to protect it from oxidation.

"Scibot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>i have a bottle right here but only used it once. it says 30% of 1
>tablespoon is vitamin E. doesnt say which form though......

Why did you buy it? Why aren't your using it?

George

Because I thought it looked good, but then read some bad things about it.
Best to just use extra virgin olive oil.

"George Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> Why did you buy it? Why aren't your using it?
>
> George

"Scibot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Because I thought it looked good, but then read some bad things about it.
> Best to just use extra virgin olive oil.

That's what Olafur recommended--partially
because olive oil has antioxidants.

> "George Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message
>> Why did you buy it? Why aren't your using it?
>>
>> George

Thank you, Olafur, for reiterating the point I have been making here
for years. Perhaps some day soon the real "thick heads" on this NG
will begin to "wisen up."

A few points:

1) Just because a manufacturer funds a study does *not* automatically
mean that the results of the study are irrelevant or fraudulent.

2) If you're worried about lipid peroxidation, just take a good
antioxidant along with the Enova. After all, n-3 fatty acids are
highly prone to lipid peroxidation, but I still take my fish oil every
day (along with some grape seed extract!)

3) A major advantage of Enova over extra virgin olive oil is TASTE.
EV Olive oil tastes good in *some* things, but it can totally ruin the
flavor of other foods.

-David