RR: New Year's Day

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
New Years Day, 2006

What better way to beat a hangover than by doing an epic mountain bike
ride. With the recent rains and the downpour the day before, there were
few possibilties for a long dry ride. The obvious choice would be the
Pinelands. The NJMBA Delaware River Chapter played host the the
Delaware Trail Spinners mountain bike club. That made the ride even more
special. Being able to lead people around your neighborhood and let
them experience something different is always exciting.

We all met at Anapay's Restaurant to start at the beginning of the trail.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3220.jpg

We head off of the Jersey Devil trail which is hard and fast as it
normally is after rain. The beauty of Jersey sugar sand. Just the
overgrown branches hitting us get us wet, but the temperature was
hovering in the upper forties and plenty warm for this ride.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3221.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3222.jpg

We were making great time, almost too fast and so we pulled back a
little to allow everyone to enjoy the greenery. There is something
special about being able to ride in the dead of winter with green trees
surrounding you.

In all the times I have ridden here, I don't recall any blodd ever being
drawn. Well, the first blood of the pines was drawn.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3223.jpg

We road the JD trail and then the Mount Misery trail for a total of 26
miles.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3224.jpg

We even ran into a pack of wolves. Not really. There was some type of
sled dog competition going on.

It was a great ride that was finished with brunch at Anapay's. It was
great to have the DTS folks join us. They are such a great organized
club and terrific to learn from as the NJMBA ventures forward.

Satelite image of ride: http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/sat.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> New Years Day, 2006
>
> What better way to beat a hangover than by doing an epic mountain bike
> ride. With the recent rains and the downpour the day before, there were
> few possibilties for a long dry ride. The obvious choice would be the
> Pinelands. The NJMBA Delaware River Chapter played host the the Delaware
> Trail Spinners mountain bike club. That made the ride even more special.
> Being able to lead people around your neighborhood and let them experience
> something different is always exciting.
>
> We all met at Anapay's Restaurant to start at the beginning of the trail.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3220.jpg
>
> We head off of the Jersey Devil trail which is hard and fast as it
> normally is after rain. The beauty of Jersey sugar sand. Just the
> overgrown branches hitting us get us wet, but the temperature was hovering
> in the upper forties and plenty warm for this ride.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3221.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3222.jpg
>
> We were making great time, almost too fast and so we pulled back a little
> to allow everyone to enjoy the greenery. There is something special about
> being able to ride in the dead of winter with green trees surrounding you.
>
> In all the times I have ridden here, I don't recall any blodd ever being
> drawn. Well, the first blood of the pines was drawn.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3223.jpg
>
> We road the JD trail and then the Mount Misery trail for a total of 26
> miles.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/IMG_3224.jpg
>
> We even ran into a pack of wolves. Not really. There was some type of
> sled dog competition going on.
>
> It was a great ride that was finished with brunch at Anapay's. It was
> great to have the DTS folks join us. They are such a great organized club
> and terrific to learn from as the NJMBA ventures forward.
>
> Satelite image of ride: http://www.schnauzers.ws/r/010106/sat.jpg

Thanks for being on topic once again. Can't wait for school to get going
again so these annoyances stop.
I'm going stir crazy. It's really unnerving to not be able to function
properly let alone not ride my bike. Slightest movements are still quite
painful and now I'm thinking I did some major soft tissue damage since pain
is away from the break area.....argh....that would mean another 6-8 weeks if
surgery is necessary after the bone heals.

So how was blodd drawn (you spelled it that way first!)?

Gary (broken but not bloddy)