or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

post #1 of 415
The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
equipment at as a kid.

We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
and husband."

I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
running with the Hollywood crowd.

I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?

Haley

ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"
post #2 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley

Old news. Lance & his wife Kristen split ages ago, back in 2003

However, the fact that his current girlfriend Sheryl Crow, looks like his
ex-wife, who looks like his Mum, is all very spooky indeed ;-)
post #3 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Yes he left his cheating wife. Looks like he's still a dad though.

"Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."
>
> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley
>
> ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
> Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

post #4 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1122230093.562333.256900@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley

If you're looking to put the worse spin on someone's personal
life (i.e., church gossip), then that is exactly how you would
phrase it.

m.
post #5 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."

If you believe the gossip, Kirsten left him. Apparently she was unhappy with
the schedule of a professional cyclist. She got his dog and cat in the
divorce, too. And it was HIS cat!
post #6 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

What do they say at your church Haley dear?
Any good rumors about you you might want to deny?

-Ken
post #7 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
cancer. Another reason he is not a role model
post #8 of 415

araby wrote:

> Look at the following:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...05-category-18

Grace and Isabella have *much* better taste in yellow dresses than
SC does.

--Karen M.
post #9 of 415

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

She didn't meet him until AFTER he beat the cancer, pal.
post #10 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

jabario@backpacker.com wrote:

> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

After. His former gf was the one with him during treatment.

If you're going to comment, at least read his books.
post #11 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote:

> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through

his
> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

You sir, are a liar. Fancy that!

/*mykal*/
post #12 of 415

Veloise wrote:
> araby wrote:
>
>> Look at the following:
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...05-category-18

> Grace and Isabella have *much* better taste in yellow dresses than
> SC does.

Here we go again!
post #13 of 415

Werehatrack wrote:

> Third observation: Divorce rates are higher in states that voted for
> Bush than in states that voted for the Democrat. Coincidence?

Not at all. Kerry voters are determined to STAY miserable! LOL

Bill "what I really need is a little tongue-in-cheek icon thingy" S.
post #14 of 415

Werehatrack wrote:
> Second observation: Every report I've seen has been to the effect
> that they met after he was past the cancer, that *she* was the one who
> did the dumping, and that they never had any kids. ...

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography...ong_Lance.html

HTH

--Karen M.
post #15 of 415

Haley wrote:
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX ...

Didja hear that H.E.B. and Whole Foods are planning a merger??

They're gonna call it "Butt Whole Foods."

--Karen M.
Easter Texan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home