or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family" - Page 3

post #31 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Werehatrack wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2005 14:34:09 -0700, "Veloise" <kmssavage@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Haley wrote:
>>> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the
>>> Bike Mart in Richardson, TX ...

>> Didja hear that H.E.B. and Whole Foods are planning a merger??
>>
>> They're gonna call it "Butt Whole Foods."

> I thought that was the nickname for Central Market already...
>
> (If you don't live in an area where Central market exists, it's a
> fancied-up HEB with lots of stuff that directly competes with both
> Whole Foods and the various Randall's Flagship stores and such.)

Um, what's HEB?
post #32 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:24:00 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
<sorniunflatteringclothes@san.rr.com> wrote:

>Werehatrack wrote:
>> On 24 Jul 2005 14:34:09 -0700, "Veloise" <kmssavage@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Didja hear that H.E.B. and Whole Foods are planning a merger??
>>>
>>> They're gonna call it "Butt Whole Foods."

>> I thought that was the nickname for Central Market already...
>>
>> (If you don't live in an area where Central market exists, it's a
>> fancied-up HEB with lots of stuff that directly competes with both
>> Whole Foods and the various Randall's Flagship stores and such.)

>Um, what's HEB?

Dear Bill,

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...=heb&Find=Find

This courageous greengrocer:

H. E. Butts Grocery Company (San Antonio, TX)

Carl Fogel
post #33 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Bill Sornson" <sorniunflatteringclothes@san.rr.com> wrote in
message news:43YEe.30823

> Um, what's HEB?

HEB, or H. E. Butt, is a large regional grocery chain in south
Texas.
post #34 of 415

Mike Kruger wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <sorniunflatteringclothes@san.rr.com> wrote in
> message news:43YEe.30823
>>
>> Um, what's HEB?
>>

> HEB, or H. E. Butt, is a large regional grocery chain in south
> Texas.

Now "Kruger" (sic) I'd heard of!

Thanks Mike (and the anonymous dude, too), Bill
post #35 of 415

carlfogel@comcast.net wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:24:00 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
> <sorniunflatteringclothes@san.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Werehatrack wrote:

>>> I thought that was the nickname for Central Market already...
>>>
>>> (If you don't live in an area where Central market exists, it's a
>>> fancied-up HEB with lots of stuff that directly competes with both
>>> Whole Foods and the various Randall's Flagship stores and such.)

>> Um, what's HEB?

> Dear Bill,
>
> http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...=heb&Find=Find
>
> This courageous greengrocer:
>
> H. E. Butts Grocery Company (San Antonio, TX)

Dear Carl,

Just so you don't think me TOO lazy (after all, typing "HEB" into a Google
search wouldn't be overly taxing, even for me), I really asked because at
least two posters had mentioned the name as if /everyone/ should know or
have heard of it.

Just one of my typical lead balloons.

Piggly Wiggly Willy
post #36 of 415

Poly Chrome wrote:
> "DC" <dangerdotcharlie@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> jabario@backpacker.com wrote in news:1122233362.999325.4650
>> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through
>>> his cancer. Another reason he is not a role model
>>>

>> I'm am about 99% sure you are trolling... however, just so someone
>> who reads this knows.... Lance met Kirsten *after* his cancer. She
>> worked for the PR firm that was hired to promote the newly formed
>> Lance Armstrong Foundation.

> Wrong. She carried him through his cancer, not after.
>

>> And if you believe the gossip that floats around Austin, they broke
>> up because she cheated on him...

> No he was cheating on her, with Crow, and he dumped his family. He
> was with crow before he was divorced.

Doncha just love how the really judgmental (not to mention incorrect)
posters are often anonymous and come out of the woodwork and then disappear
just as quickly?

Cya L8R, "Poly Chrome" LOL
post #37 of 415

tsarkon wrote:
> Yes he left his cheating wife. Looks like he's still a dad though.

Yep, and if I had lost my family over my own infidelity and had
political ambitions (Gov of Texas) I'd be trotting my kids out in front

of the cameras every chance I'd get...
post #38 of 415

Haley wrote:
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."

You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,
show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas.

> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley
>
> ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
> Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"
post #39 of 415

Haley wrote:
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."

You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,
show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas.

> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley
>
> ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
> Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"
post #40 of 415

Haley wrote:
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."

You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,
show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas.

> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley
>
> ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
> Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"
post #41 of 415

Haley wrote:
> The other day my husband and I were at the Whole Foods next to the Bike
> Mart in Richardson, TX that Lance Armstrong bought his bikes and
> equipment at as a kid.
>
> We ran into some friends one of whom who was wearing a yellow wrist
> band. I said to him, "do you think Lance will hold on to win?" "It
> doesn't matter if he wins this Tour" he said, "he has already lost the
> most significant title he could ever have earned; that of good father
> and husband."

You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,
show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas.

> I asked, "then why are you wearing a 'Live Strong' band?" He showed it
> to me. It said "Live Wrong: Leave Your Family." He said that he was
> once a big fan of Lance's until he left his wife and kids and started
> running with the Hollywood crowd.
>
> I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
>
> Haley
>
> ps, My friend said he had seen another yellow band that said, "Live
> Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"
post #42 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
with honor and respect!!!

>>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #43 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
with honor and respect!!!

>>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #44 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
with honor and respect!!!

>>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #45 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
with honor and respect!!!

>>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment