or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family" - Page 4

post #46 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Me wrote:
> On 7/24/05 5:30 PM, in article boWEe.205655$nG6.33216@attbi_s22, "Joe S."
> <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
>

>>"maxo" <max@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message
>>newsan.2005.07.24.23.43.28.37184@localhost.localdomain...

>>>Why do you hate Jesus?
>>>

>>Jesus is one all right dude. It's his followers who scare the **** out of
>>me.
>>

> Worse than the followers of Mohammed??

Anybody care to look at what a Fundamentalist really is? Typically
someone who looks at the fundamental or core beliefs of a religion or
belief system. A Christian Fundamentalist, follows the fundamentals of
Christianity, an Islamic Fundamentalist would follow the fundamentals of
Islam.

This is different from the media definition, where Christian
Fundamentalist is the purest form of Puritan legalist Where they say
things like "thou shalt not go to movies, it's in the bible", having
read the bible end to end, I have a retort, "Where".

As for Islam, I have known several Muslims in my time, and they were
following the fundamentals of Islam, and they were nice people. Most of
the terrorists there have done the same thing, they have distorted the
Religion for their own purposes.

post #47 of 415

Me wrote:
> On 7/24/05 5:30 PM, in article boWEe.205655$nG6.33216@attbi_s22, "Joe S."
> <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
>

>>"maxo" <max@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message
>>newsan.2005.07.24.23.43.28.37184@localhost.localdomain...

>>>Why do you hate Jesus?
>>>

>>Jesus is one all right dude. It's his followers who scare the **** out of
>>me.
>>

> Worse than the followers of Mohammed??

Anybody care to look at what a Fundamentalist really is? Typically
someone who looks at the fundamental or core beliefs of a religion or
belief system. A Christian Fundamentalist, follows the fundamentals of
Christianity, an Islamic Fundamentalist would follow the fundamentals of
Islam.

This is different from the media definition, where Christian
Fundamentalist is the purest form of Puritan legalist Where they say
things like "thou shalt not go to movies, it's in the bible", having
read the bible end to end, I have a retort, "Where".

As for Islam, I have known several Muslims in my time, and they were
following the fundamentals of Islam, and they were nice people. Most of
the terrorists there have done the same thing, they have distorted the
Religion for their own purposes.

post #48 of 415

Me wrote:
> On 7/24/05 5:30 PM, in article boWEe.205655$nG6.33216@attbi_s22, "Joe S."
> <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
>

>>"maxo" <max@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message
>>newsan.2005.07.24.23.43.28.37184@localhost.localdomain...

>>>Why do you hate Jesus?
>>>

>>Jesus is one all right dude. It's his followers who scare the **** out of
>>me.
>>

> Worse than the followers of Mohammed??

Anybody care to look at what a Fundamentalist really is? Typically
someone who looks at the fundamental or core beliefs of a religion or
belief system. A Christian Fundamentalist, follows the fundamentals of
Christianity, an Islamic Fundamentalist would follow the fundamentals of
Islam.

This is different from the media definition, where Christian
Fundamentalist is the purest form of Puritan legalist Where they say
things like "thou shalt not go to movies, it's in the bible", having
read the bible end to end, I have a retort, "Where".

As for Islam, I have known several Muslims in my time, and they were
following the fundamentals of Islam, and they were nice people. Most of
the terrorists there have done the same thing, they have distorted the
Religion for their own purposes.

post #49 of 415

Me wrote:
> On 7/24/05 5:30 PM, in article boWEe.205655$nG6.33216@attbi_s22, "Joe S."
> <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote:
>

>>"maxo" <max@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message
>>newsan.2005.07.24.23.43.28.37184@localhost.localdomain...

>>>Why do you hate Jesus?
>>>

>>Jesus is one all right dude. It's his followers who scare the **** out of
>>me.
>>

> Worse than the followers of Mohammed??

Anybody care to look at what a Fundamentalist really is? Typically
someone who looks at the fundamental or core beliefs of a religion or
belief system. A Christian Fundamentalist, follows the fundamentals of
Christianity, an Islamic Fundamentalist would follow the fundamentals of
Islam.

This is different from the media definition, where Christian
Fundamentalist is the purest form of Puritan legalist Where they say
things like "thou shalt not go to movies, it's in the bible", having
read the bible end to end, I have a retort, "Where".

As for Islam, I have known several Muslims in my time, and they were
following the fundamentals of Islam, and they were nice people. Most of
the terrorists there have done the same thing, they have distorted the
Religion for their own purposes.

post #50 of 415

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved.

God is dead. Didn't you hear? She died in a tragic cycling accident -
right-hooked by a SUV [Satanic Utility Vehicle].
post #51 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved.

God is dead. Didn't you hear? She died in a tragic cycling accident -
right-hooked by a SUV [Satanic Utility Vehicle].
post #52 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved.

God is dead. Didn't you hear? She died in a tragic cycling accident -
right-hooked by a SUV [Satanic Utility Vehicle].
post #53 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved.

God is dead. Didn't you hear? She died in a tragic cycling accident -
right-hooked by a SUV [Satanic Utility Vehicle].
post #54 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
variety of things
"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
"You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.

>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<
post #55 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
variety of things
"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
"You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.

>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<
post #56 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
variety of things
"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
"You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.

>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<
post #57 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
variety of things
"If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
"You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.

>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<
post #58 of 415

> Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
> variety of things
> "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
> slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
> "You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
> Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
> contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
> fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.
>
>>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

> the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<

Funny that, here's me thinking *Christianity* was about Jesus and the New
Testament. Whatever happened to "He that is without sin among you, let him
cast the first stone." Oh I forgot, stoning isn't used anymore, it's
electrocution, lethal injection, gas chamber... so that's all right then...
not! No doubt you'll argue that because there's slavery in the Bible, we
should bring that back. No wonder I don't like organised religion all that
much...

*plonk*

Cheers, helen s
post #59 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
> variety of things
> "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
> slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
> "You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
> Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
> contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
> fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.
>
>>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

> the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<

Funny that, here's me thinking *Christianity* was about Jesus and the New
Testament. Whatever happened to "He that is without sin among you, let him
cast the first stone." Oh I forgot, stoning isn't used anymore, it's
electrocution, lethal injection, gas chamber... so that's all right then...
not! No doubt you'll argue that because there's slavery in the Bible, we
should bring that back. No wonder I don't like organised religion all that
much...

*plonk*

Cheers, helen s
post #60 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
> variety of things
> "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
> slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
> "You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
> Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
> contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
> fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.
>
>>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

> the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<

Funny that, here's me thinking *Christianity* was about Jesus and the New
Testament. Whatever happened to "He that is without sin among you, let him
cast the first stone." Oh I forgot, stoning isn't used anymore, it's
electrocution, lethal injection, gas chamber... so that's all right then...
not! No doubt you'll argue that because there's slavery in the Bible, we
should bring that back. No wonder I don't like organised religion all that
much...

*plonk*

Cheers, helen s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: