or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family" - Page 5

post #61 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

<jabario@backpacker.com> wrote in message
> Quite easily. A look in Exodus ch. 22-23 spells out penalties for a
> variety of things
> "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so as to die, he that
> slew him shall not be guilty of blood"
> "You shall not allow a sorceress to live"
> Ch.21 includes the "eye for an eye" doctrine. There is no
> contradiction in executing criminals with being a good Christian. In
> fact it is our duty as Christians to enforce God's laws.
>
>>>So true. How could anyone who is actually true to the fundamentals of

> the Christian religion sign a death warrant, for instance? <<

Funny that, here's me thinking *Christianity* was about Jesus and the New
Testament. Whatever happened to "He that is without sin among you, let him
cast the first stone." Oh I forgot, stoning isn't used anymore, it's
electrocution, lethal injection, gas chamber... so that's all right then...
not! No doubt you'll argue that because there's slavery in the Bible, we
should bring that back. No wonder I don't like organised religion all that
much...

*plonk*

Cheers, helen s
post #62 of 415

Poly Chrome wrote:
> "Michael" <emdeedubyatrois@cornell.edu> wrote in message
> >
> > "Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
> > >
> > > Haley

> > If you're looking to put the worse spin on someone's personal
> > life (i.e., church gossip), then that is exactly how you would
> > phrase it.
> >
> > m.

> He was cheating on her

And you know this because....?
post #63 of 415

Poly Chrome wrote:
> "Michael" <emdeedubyatrois@cornell.edu> wrote in message
> >
> > "Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
> > >
> > > Haley

> > If you're looking to put the worse spin on someone's personal
> > life (i.e., church gossip), then that is exactly how you would
> > phrase it.
> >
> > m.

> He was cheating on her

And you know this because....?
post #64 of 415

Poly Chrome wrote:
> "Michael" <emdeedubyatrois@cornell.edu> wrote in message
> >
> > "Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
> > >
> > > Haley

> > If you're looking to put the worse spin on someone's personal
> > life (i.e., church gossip), then that is exactly how you would
> > phrase it.
> >
> > m.

> He was cheating on her

And you know this because....?
post #65 of 415

Poly Chrome wrote:
> "Michael" <emdeedubyatrois@cornell.edu> wrote in message
> >
> > "Haley" <halwil@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I hadn't heard of this. Is it true that Lance left his wife and kids?
> > >
> > > Haley

> > If you're looking to put the worse spin on someone's personal
> > life (i.e., church gossip), then that is exactly how you would
> > phrase it.
> >
> > m.

> He was cheating on her

And you know this because....?
post #66 of 415

"Steven L. Sheffield" <stevens@veloworks.com> wrote in message
> On 07/24/2005 01:29 PM, in article
> 1122233362.999325.4650@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
> "jabario@backpacker.com" <jabario@backpacker.com> wrote:
>
>> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
>> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

> Lance didn't even meet Kristin, much less marry her, until he had
> completed
> chemotherapy and was in remission.
>
> The statement that she "supported him through his cancer" is a red
> herring.

Yes, but it sounds good.
post #67 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Steven L. Sheffield" <stevens@veloworks.com> wrote in message
> On 07/24/2005 01:29 PM, in article
> 1122233362.999325.4650@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
> "jabario@backpacker.com" <jabario@backpacker.com> wrote:
>
>> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
>> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

> Lance didn't even meet Kristin, much less marry her, until he had
> completed
> chemotherapy and was in remission.
>
> The statement that she "supported him through his cancer" is a red
> herring.

Yes, but it sounds good.
post #68 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Steven L. Sheffield" <stevens@veloworks.com> wrote in message
> On 07/24/2005 01:29 PM, in article
> 1122233362.999325.4650@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
> "jabario@backpacker.com" <jabario@backpacker.com> wrote:
>
>> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
>> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

> Lance didn't even meet Kristin, much less marry her, until he had
> completed
> chemotherapy and was in remission.
>
> The statement that she "supported him through his cancer" is a red
> herring.

Yes, but it sounds good.
post #69 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

"Steven L. Sheffield" <stevens@veloworks.com> wrote in message
> On 07/24/2005 01:29 PM, in article
> 1122233362.999325.4650@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
> "jabario@backpacker.com" <jabario@backpacker.com> wrote:
>
>> Lance broke up his home and left his wife who supported him through his
>> cancer. Another reason he is not a role model

> Lance didn't even meet Kristin, much less marry her, until he had
> completed
> chemotherapy and was in remission.
>
> The statement that she "supported him through his cancer" is a red
> herring.

Yes, but it sounds good.
post #70 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Have you read the inspired word of God, that is, the Bible? If you had,
then you would recall that He said it was OK for a guy to have
mistresses,
and allow His chosen one to have children with his maid, if his
wife was unable to.

-ilan

jabario@backpacker.com a écrit :
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
> for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
> other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
> mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
> dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
> families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
> only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
> actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
> with honor and respect!!!
>

> >>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

> show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
> getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
> surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #71 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Have you read the inspired word of God, that is, the Bible? If you had,
then you would recall that He said it was OK for a guy to have
mistresses,
and allow His chosen one to have children with his maid, if his
wife was unable to.

-ilan

jabario@backpacker.com a écrit :
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
> for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
> other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
> mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
> dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
> families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
> only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
> actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
> with honor and respect!!!
>

> >>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

> show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
> getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
> surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #72 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Have you read the inspired word of God, that is, the Bible? If you had,
then you would recall that He said it was OK for a guy to have
mistresses,
and allow His chosen one to have children with his maid, if his
wife was unable to.

-ilan

jabario@backpacker.com a écrit :
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
> for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
> other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
> mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
> dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
> families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
> only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
> actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
> with honor and respect!!!
>

> >>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

> show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
> getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
> surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #73 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Have you read the inspired word of God, that is, the Bible? If you had,
then you would recall that He said it was OK for a guy to have
mistresses,
and allow His chosen one to have children with his maid, if his
wife was unable to.

-ilan

jabario@backpacker.com a écrit :
> If both spouses turned to God and let Him be their mediator then all
> problems can be solved. In a relationship you only get what you ask
> for. If one begins to treat the other with honor and respect then the
> other spouse will usually respond equally. "Never recognize the
> mistake....." is just society's way of condoning quitting and
> dishonoring a committment and vow. So now we have kids with broken
> families who are very likely to end up in divorce as well since kids
> only copy what they know. Imagine kids who see their mother and father
> actually , liking and caring for one another and being in a home filled
> with honor and respect!!!
>

> >>You bet, stay in a unhappy relationship, fight and argue all the time,

> show obvious dislike for your spouse, never recognize the mistake of
> getting married, yep, that's a perfect way to bring up the kids. Not
> surprised ya heard this in Texas. <<
post #74 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Homosexuality can be cured by praying and laying of hands.
post #75 of 415

Re: "Live Strong in Character - Don't Leave Your Family"

Homosexuality can be cured by praying and laying of hands.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment