easy chocolate cake

Jen

Guest
I thought I'd share this recipe. It's the easiest ever! But also the
yummiest. My daughter requested one earlier so we quickly whipped one up.

EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
3 Tb butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup SR flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

Pour into greased 8 inch cake tin.

Bake at 180 c for 30-35 mins.

Top with Chocolate frosting when cold.

CHOCOLATE FROSTING
50g butter
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 - 2 Tablespoons milk

Melt butter, add milk. Mix well. Add icing and cocoa gradually. Beat
well. Beat for 3 minutes till light and fluffy.

Jen

In article <[email protected]>,
"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
> 3 Tb butter, melted
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 cup SR flour
> 1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
> 1/2 cup milk
> 2 eggs
> Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a lot
of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the texture?
How chocolatey did it taste?

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
> 3 Tb butter, melted
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 cup SR flour
> 1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
> 1/2 cup milk
> 2 eggs
> Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a lot
of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the texture?
How chocolatey did it taste?

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

"Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
>> 3 Tb butter, melted
>> 1 cup sugar
>> 1 cup SR flour
>> 1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
>> 1/2 cup milk
>> 2 eggs
>> Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

> This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
> smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a lot
> of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the texture?
> How chocolatey did it taste?

It's perfect, I've been making it for years, it's quite light, I suppose if
you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa. But I get lots of
compliments about it as it is. and it's just so easy.

Jen

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
>> 3 Tb butter, melted
>>1 cup sugar
>>1 cup SR flour
>>1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
>>1/2 cup milk
>>2 eggs
>>Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

> This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
> smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a lot
> of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the texture?
> How chocolatey did it taste?
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

While not a 'cake' in the use of flour there is a very good and even
simpler recipe, a chocolate torte using only 1 pound chocolate, 1 pound
unsalted butter and 6 eggs.

If anyone's interested i can post the instructions.
---
JL

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
>> 3 Tb butter, melted
>>1 cup sugar
>>1 cup SR flour
>>1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
>>1/2 cup milk
>>2 eggs
>>Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

> This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
> smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a lot
> of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the texture?
> How chocolatey did it taste?
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

While not a 'cake' in the use of flour there is a very good and even
simpler recipe, a chocolate torte using only 1 pound chocolate, 1 pound
unsalted butter and 6 eggs.

If anyone's interested i can post the instructions.
---
JL

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> "Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
>>> 3 Tb butter, melted
>>> 1 cup sugar
>>> 1 cup SR flour
>>> 1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
>>> 1/2 cup milk
>>> 2 eggs
>>> Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

>> This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
>> smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a
>> lot of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the
>> texture? How chocolatey did it taste?

> It's perfect, I've been making it for years, it's quite light, I
> suppose if you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa.

Jen - was this recipe from an Australian source? So it would use 20ml
tablespoons and 250ml cups?

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> "Ranee Mueller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE
>>> 3 Tb butter, melted
>>> 1 cup sugar
>>> 1 cup SR flour
>>> 1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa
>>> 1/2 cup milk
>>> 2 eggs
>>> Beat all ingredients together with electric beaters for 3 mins.

>> This does not seem like that much cocoa, even accounting for the
>> smaller amounts of the other ingredients. It also seems to have a
>> lot of egg for the quantity of the other ingredients. How was the
>> texture? How chocolatey did it taste?

> It's perfect, I've been making it for years, it's quite light, I
> suppose if you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa.

Jen - was this recipe from an Australian source? So it would use 20ml
tablespoons and 250ml cups?

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

>> suppose if you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa.
>
> Jen - was this recipe from an Australian source? So it would use 20ml
> tablespoons and 250ml cups?

That's the way I've always done it. I never used to know there was a
difference. But I've never been that exact with measurements anyway.

Jen

>> suppose if you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa.
>
> Jen - was this recipe from an Australian source? So it would use 20ml
> tablespoons and 250ml cups?

That's the way I've always done it. I never used to know there was a
difference. But I've never been that exact with measurements anyway.

Jen

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ibzCf.228869$V7.193091
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

>>> suppose if you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa.

>> Jen - was this recipe from an Australian source? So it would use 20ml
>> tablespoons and 250ml cups?

> That's the way I've always done it. I never used to know there was a
> difference. But I've never been that exact with measurements anyway.

Thanks. Just wanted to know in case I try it! Usually if I post a recipe on
here I'll note that it's Australian tablespoons and cups. A lot of the time
it might not make too much of a difference, but I figure if anyone in a
country other than Australia wants to make it, they might like to know.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ibzCf.228869$V7.193091
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

>>> suppose if you want it more chocolatey you could add more cocoa.

>> Jen - was this recipe from an Australian source? So it would use 20ml
>> tablespoons and 250ml cups?

> That's the way I've always done it. I never used to know there was a
> difference. But I've never been that exact with measurements anyway.

Thanks. Just wanted to know in case I try it! Usually if I post a recipe on
here I'll note that it's Australian tablespoons and cups. A lot of the time
it might not make too much of a difference, but I figure if anyone in a
country other than Australia wants to make it, they might like to know.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

"Rhonda Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ibzCf.228869$V7.193091
> @news-server.bigpond.net.au:
>
> Thanks. Just wanted to know in case I try it! Usually if I post a recipe
> on
> here I'll note that it's Australian tablespoons and cups. A lot of the
> time
> it might not make too much of a difference, but I figure if anyone in a
> country other than Australia wants to make it, they might like to know.

Good point. I didn't even think of that.

Jen

"Rhonda Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ibzCf.228869$V7.193091
> @news-server.bigpond.net.au:
>
> Thanks. Just wanted to know in case I try it! Usually if I post a recipe
> on
> here I'll note that it's Australian tablespoons and cups. A lot of the
> time
> it might not make too much of a difference, but I figure if anyone in a
> country other than Australia wants to make it, they might like to know.

Good point. I didn't even think of that.

Jen

Thanks, Jen

I bought some SR flour a few weeks ago for a recipe and had no idea
what I was going to do with the rest of it.

I made your cake, today, and it looks great. I doubled the recipe and
baked it in a rectangular pan. Will be taking it to my knitting group,
tonight.

Now, if I just knew what to do with the rest of that flour!!!!

Thanks again,

jillie
Roseville, CA

Thanks, Jen

I bought some SR flour a few weeks ago for a recipe and had no idea
what I was going to do with the rest of it.

I made your cake, today, and it looks great. I doubled the recipe and
baked it in a rectangular pan. Will be taking it to my knitting group,
tonight.

Now, if I just knew what to do with the rest of that flour!!!!

Thanks again,

jillie
Roseville, CA

>Now, if I just knew what to do with the rest of that flour!!!!

Bread. More cakes.

Hmm.

Would the stuff that makes it self-rising make it totally unsuitable
for roux? or would it just get cooked and die?

--Blair