dinner picture, again

modom

Guest
Don't look, Elaine!

http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

On the plate are slices of oven roasted pork loin with a quasi-Thai
sauce of chicken stock and coconut milk spiced with lime juice and
zest, cilantro, basil, fish sauce, sambal oelek, and ginger. The loin
slices lie on a bed of cabbage slaw marinated in sesame oil, lemon
juice, and a dash of soy sauce. The baby carrots and cauliflower are
roasted with just a little salt and some olive oil. And somehow a
couple of blood orange slices hopped on the plate just as I was
snapping the shutter.

The plates were warmed before serving.

modom

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:56:12 -0800, Dan Abel <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> modom <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Don't look, Elaine!
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

>> roasted with just a little salt and some olive oil. And somehow a
>> couple of blood orange slices hopped on the plate just as I was
>> snapping the shutter.

>Did their friends the tomatoes hop on there at the same time?

Oh my stars! There are tomatoes on that plate! Did I take that
picture? Is Homeland Security messing with my menu again?

modom

modom <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> Don't look, Elaine!
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

I like your dinner photos! Those blood oranges are camera hogs, though <g>.
I was going to take a photo of our dinner tonight, but forgot to. After the
talk about rissoles in one of the other threads, I decided to turn some
lamb mince I had in the freezer into lamb rissoles. We had them with a
Greek salad, and some pita bread. Nice.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

modom <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> Don't look, Elaine!
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

I like your dinner photos! Those blood oranges are camera hogs, though <g>.
I was going to take a photo of our dinner tonight, but forgot to. After the
talk about rissoles in one of the other threads, I decided to turn some
lamb mince I had in the freezer into lamb rissoles. We had them with a
Greek salad, and some pita bread. Nice.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

> Don't look, Elaine!
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

>> roasted with just a little salt and some olive oil. And somehow a
>> couple of blood orange slices hopped on the plate just as I was
>> snapping the shutter.

> Did their friends the tomatoes hop on there at the same time?

Tee hee! I couldn't resist. Love the colour of the plate!

Elaine

> Don't look, Elaine!
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

>> roasted with just a little salt and some olive oil. And somehow a
>> couple of blood orange slices hopped on the plate just as I was
>> snapping the shutter.

> Did their friends the tomatoes hop on there at the same time?

Tee hee! I couldn't resist. Love the colour of the plate!

Elaine

"Dan Abel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> modom <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Don't look, Elaine!
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/mm65x4.jpg

>> roasted with just a little salt and some olive oil. And somehow a
>> couple of blood orange slices hopped on the plate just as I was
>> snapping the shutter.

You see, -- that's the problem with pictures of food. Unless you had
mentioned it, I thought the blood orange slices were red peppers