www.UnicyclePics.co.uk

petit_pierre

Guest
I've just set up a new website for all unicyclist to use as a gallery
for all their unicycling pictures, a lot of the pages aren't set up yet
as it only went up yesterday. please have a look at
www.unicyclepics.co.uk and send me any picture you want to go up. There
will be lots of information about the schlumpf going up in the next few
week and i am also trying to set up an up-to-date unicycle club list
and contact details, so if you know or run a club near you please send
all details to me at [email protected]
:)

--
petit_pierre
petit_pierre's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8981

I've just set up a new website for all unicyclist to use as a gallery
for all their unicycling pictures, a lot of the pages aren't set up yet
as it only went up yesterday. please have a look at
www.unicyclepics.co.uk and send me any picture you want to go up. There
will be lots of information about the schlumpf going up in the next few
week and i am also trying to set up an up-to-date unicycle club list
and contact details, so if you know or run a club near you please send
all details to me at [email protected]
:)

--
petit_pierre
petit_pierre's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8981

its a very nice website...but theres too many bouncy unicycles, which I
don't like, and also, it seems pretty much just like the unicyclist.com
gallery.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

its a very nice website...but theres too many bouncy unicycles, which I
don't like, and also, it seems pretty much just like the unicyclist.com
gallery.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

Thanks for your reply, i'll get rid of two of the unicycles. you're
right about it not being much different to unicyclist gallery, in fact
at the moment it's not as good, but it has only been up for 4 days, and
there is a lot more things i'll be doing over the next few months that
will hopefully make it worth a look for some people. I'm working on a
map of all the unicycle clubs around the UK at the moment and
eventually the rest of the wold, there will be lots of info and pics
about the schlumpf, we're are also working on some short videos and
lots more. if you have any ideas of things you'd like to see on it
please email me at [email protected] or post on unicyclist.
Cheers again :)
Pete

--
petit_pierre
petit_pierre's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8981

Yes, those bouncy unicycles can get annoying after a (fairly short)
while. At the same time, I wonder if anyone out there knows the
original source of those animated unicycles? They were very well done!

Thinking ahead, you'll need ways to organize the pictures once you
start having more than a few pages per gallery. Someday I hope to have
my pictures online in a searchable database where you can look up
images by rider name, event name, type of scene, type of uni, etc. That
would be really cool.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

johnfoss wrote:
> Yes, those bouncy unicycles can get annoying after a (fairly short)
> while. At the same time, I wonder if anyone out there knows the
> original source of those animated unicycles? They were very well done!
>
> Thinking ahead, you'll need ways to organize the pictures once you
> start having more than a few pages per gallery. Someday I hope to have
> my pictures online in a searchable database where you can look up
> images by rider name, event name, type of scene, type of uni, etc. That
> would be really cool.

The bouncy unicycles are from clipart.com, it seem no-one wants them on
the site so i will remove them soon, on the organization point, i'm
working on a search engine at the mo., i'm finding it hard to get it
quite right. in the next few weeks there should be lots of alterations
as i work out how to do new thing....
if you would care to send me some of your picture john, i would love to
put them on my site! p.s. i like "things not to do" on your site :)

--
petit_pierre
petit_pierre's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8981

if you have any pictures you want to go up on unicyclepics you can ether
send them to me ay [email protected] or post them on this thread if
that's easier, as it can be a pain email lots of picture. could you
also put a brief description e.g. who took the pic, where it was and
who's on the uni, so i've got something to put under your pics.

--
petit_pierre
petit_pierre's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8981

Noice.

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

I've got rid of the bouncing unicycles. I've also added some pictures
sent in by Forrest and Joe, if you click on the thumbnails in the
'trials' (http://www.unicyclepics.co.uk/trials.htm) section there is a
bit of info next to the full size pictures e.g. Rider: Photo Taken By:
Location: Unicycle: Trick: if any. please tell me what you all think of
this and if anything should be changed. :) p.s. please keep sending
your pictures in to me at [email protected] p.p.s. if any one has
UPD pics they can send in that would be good so i can start the UPD
page, unfortunately kit and i never fall off........ :rolleyes:
Cheers Pete.

--
petit_pierre

www.unicyclepics.co.uk
send you picture to [email protected]

johnfoss wrote:
> Thinking ahead, you'll need ways to organize the pictures once you start
> having more than a few pages per gallery. Someday I hope to have my
> pictures online in a searchable database where you can look up images
> by rider name, event name, type of scene, type of uni, etc. That would
> be really cool.

i am now working on a searchable database for all the pictures in the
site, but i'm trying to stadadise it so you can always find what you're
looking for. :) what do you all think should be the searchable
categories? i.e rider name, event name, type of scene, type of uni,
etc.

--
petit_pierre

www.unicyclepics.co.uk
send you picture to [email protected]
petit_pierre's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8981

Another possibility for viewing a larger picture would be a java script
window that comes up over the current page. I have used this on some of
the websites that I have designed for customers. PM me if you would
like the code for making this work, or if you want links to see how it
looks.

--
fastlane62
fastlane62's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11783