or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FT: Campy Parts for Shimano - Page 2

post #16 of 22

Re: FT: Campy Parts for Shimano

Oops, should have made that a 12/25 cassette.
post #17 of 22

Re: FT: Campy Parts for Shimano

Oops, should have made that a 12/25 cassette.
post #18 of 22

nessism@gmail.com wrote:
> This is a long shot but what the heck...
>
> I receintly bought a bunch of Campy parts for a new project bike but
> after 100 miles of use, Shimano STI brain washing keeps forcing me to
> jab the upshift lever when I wanted to downshift.

If anything, you should look for 10s shimano stuff. Their marketing
machine and the designed in obsolecence of 9s will make DA 9s stuff
scarce in the future, particularly right 9s STI levers which are
particularly prone to early failures.

We tell people if they like the feel of STI, use shimano, if they like
the feel of ERGO, use ERGO, if they don't care use ERGO....
post #19 of 22

nessism@gmail.com wrote:
> This is a long shot but what the heck...
>
> I receintly bought a bunch of Campy parts for a new project bike but
> after 100 miles of use, Shimano STI brain washing keeps forcing me to
> jab the upshift lever when I wanted to downshift.

Also, after what, 2 rides? Give it some time.
post #20 of 22

Re: Campy Parts for Shimano

It takes some time to think right again after being brain washed. Give
it awhile and you'll get that Shimano poison out. :P

It took me about a month (800 miles) to get most of it out of my system.
Within 2 - 3 months it was totally gone, not even a mis-shift at all

Shimano was all I used for 12 years. Now it's NOTHING but Campy on my road
bikes.

Patience grasshopper...

<nessism@gmail.com> wrote in message
> This is a long shot but what the heck...
>
> I receintly bought a bunch of Campy parts for a new project bike but
> after 100 miles of use, Shimano STI brain washing keeps forcing me to
> jab the upshift lever when I wanted to downshift.
>
> The parts are basically new other than scuffed brake pads and the like.
>
> Before trying to sell these parts I thought I'd offer them up for trade
> to someone that might be hording some 9 speed Shimano Dura Ace parts.
>
> Campy parts include:
>
> 10 speed Chorus ergo shifters (alloy version)
> 10 speed Chorus rear derailleur (alloy version)
> 10 speed Centuar 32mm clamp-on front derailleur
> C10 chain w/wipperman link (broken for use with long 42cm chain stay
> frame)
> 10 speed Chorus 12/15 cassette
>
> Wheelset (total weight 1580gm actual):
> Record 28h hubs
> Velocity Aerohead rims, black color w/Offset rear
> DT 15/16 spokes on front and non-drive side rear
> DT 14/15 spokes on drive side rear
> Brass nipples
>

> I'm interested in hearing from someone that may have some new or near
> new Shimano 9 speed Dura Ace parts they want to trade for these. I
> also have a FSA Mega Exo 172.5mm carbon crank that I could include as
> need be.
>
> Please let me know what you have.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ed Ness
>
> nessism AT gmail DOT com

post #21 of 22

Re: Campy Parts for Shimano

I'm fine switching back and forth between Shimano and Campy. Downtube
shifters make me think a little bit, and I'm totally screwed on a
mountain bike with thumb shifters. I suppose I'll get that eventually too.

Given enough time anything feels natural.

Brett Thompson wrote:
> It takes some time to think right again after being brain washed. Give
> it awhile and you'll get that Shimano poison out. :P
>
> It took me about a month (800 miles) to get most of it out of my system.
> Within 2 - 3 months it was totally gone, not even a mis-shift at all
>
> Shimano was all I used for 12 years. Now it's NOTHING but Campy on my road
> bikes.
>
> Patience grasshopper...
>

> <nessism@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>This is a long shot but what the heck...
>>
>>I receintly bought a bunch of Campy parts for a new project bike but
>>after 100 miles of use, Shimano STI brain washing keeps forcing me to
>>jab the upshift lever when I wanted to downshift.
>>
>>The parts are basically new other than scuffed brake pads and the like.
>>
>>Before trying to sell these parts I thought I'd offer them up for trade
>>to someone that might be hording some 9 speed Shimano Dura Ace parts.
>>
>>Campy parts include:
>>
>>10 speed Chorus ergo shifters (alloy version)
>>10 speed Chorus rear derailleur (alloy version)
>>10 speed Centuar 32mm clamp-on front derailleur
>>C10 chain w/wipperman link (broken for use with long 42cm chain stay
>>frame)
>>10 speed Chorus 12/15 cassette
>>
>>Wheelset (total weight 1580gm actual):
>>Record 28h hubs
>>Velocity Aerohead rims, black color w/Offset rear
>>DT 15/16 spokes on front and non-drive side rear
>>DT 14/15 spokes on drive side rear
>>Brass nipples
>>

>>I'm interested in hearing from someone that may have some new or near
>>new Shimano 9 speed Dura Ace parts they want to trade for these. I
>>also have a FSA Mega Exo 172.5mm carbon crank that I could include as
>>need be.
>>
>>Please let me know what you have.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Ed Ness
>>
>>nessism AT gmail DOT com

post #22 of 22

Re: Campy Parts for Shimano

Thanks for all the encouragement to stick it out the the Campy stuff.

Thing is, I'm a bike whore and have two other STI bikes in addition to
the Campy ride. It's proving difficult to go from one to another and
not get mixed up. No doubt, more use will improve the situation with
the Campy bike. Another thing is that I've managed to gather a fair
number of Shimano parts so I could make the switch back to all STI
without too much cost (yes I know, a guy with three bikes should wake
up and stop complaining about parts cost).

So do I save the Campy parts in their pristine condition or keep using
them and devalue them further?

Frankly I'm on the fence, a good offer would sway me back to full
Shimano. I'm not going to liquidate the Campy stuff that's for sure.

Key thing I'm interested in now is a nice Shimano wheelset. If anyone
reading this has a new or near new medium high end wheelset shoot an
offer my way please.

Thanks.

Ed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: