Rohloff oil?

dB

Guest
I was just wondering what was the groups opinion of rohloff chain lubricants.
It's pretty much recommended here in EU as "best of the best".

Any thoughts?

--
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
-- Elbert Hubbard

Per dB:
>I was just wondering what was the groups opinion of rohloff chain lubricants.
>It's pretty much recommended here in EU as "best of the best".

How much does it cost?

The stuff that goes into my Rohloff hubs is *really* expensive.
--
PeteCresswell

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid says...
> Per dB:
> >I was just wondering what was the groups opinion of rohloff chain lubricants.
> >It's pretty much recommended here in EU as "best of the best".

> How much does it cost?

I don't think the price here in Croatia has anything to do with prices around
the world, but, it's $10 for that smallest 0.5dcl bottle, and most other
manufacturers have twice as much oil for half the price.

--

dB wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]lid says...
>> Per dB:
>>> I was just wondering what was the groups opinion of rohloff chain lubricants.
>>> It's pretty much recommended here in EU as "best of the best".

>> How much does it cost?

> I don't think the price here in Croatia has anything to do with prices around
> the world, but, it's $10 for that smallest 0.5dcl bottle, and most other
> manufacturers have twice as much oil for half the price.

Here in Switzerland 50 ml of Rohloff cost about 9.2$.
For ex. 50 ml of Finish Line (Teflon-Plus Dry IIRC) cost 5.6$ and Pedros
Ice Wax 5.4$ (North Italy is about the same)

I always used the Finish Line, but I want to try the Rohloff after all
the good things I've heard. I just don't know if the drivetrain will
gets dirtier.

Anyway if it lasts twice than Finish Line (and it's quite easy...) then
it ends up costing less.

Francesco

In article <[email protected]>, Francesco Devittori
<frenkatfrenkdtcm> says...
> I always used the Finish Line, but I want to try the Rohloff after all
> the good things I've heard. I just don't know if the drivetrain will
> gets dirtier.

3 of us were using the same 50ml tube for over 2 years and there's still some
of it left. Manual says to use very little of it.

Anyways, the thing works, the chain doesn't get very dirty (i can only compare
to regular car oils) and it actually feels and sounds different then other
oils I used.

--

dB wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Francesco Devittori
> <frenkatfrenkdtcm> says...
>> I always used the Finish Line, but I want to try the Rohloff after all
>> the good things I've heard. I just don't know if the drivetrain will
>> gets dirtier.

> 3 of us were using the same 50ml tube for over 2 years and there's still some
> of it left. Manual says to use very little of it.
>
> Anyways, the thing works, the chain doesn't get very dirty (i can only compare
> to regular car oils) and it actually feels and sounds different then other
> oils I used.

That's what I wanted to hear. It means that it's actually cheaper than
Finish Line.

Francesco

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 05:43:12 +0100, dB wrote:

> I was just wondering what was the groups opinion of rohloff chain lubricants.
> It's pretty much recommended here in EU as "best of the best".

I have used Rohloff chain lube and I couldn't wait to spend
it (I finished bottle on my 30_eur_commuter_bike :). Chain
becomes some kind of "sticky bunch" after few dozens of km.
Simply, oil is to dense. Now I have Liqui Moly chain lube
and I'm perfectly satisfied. It costs around 10 eur (35 kn,
it will be easier to you :).
But does price matter, really. I'm using it for 2 years,
around 15000 km of constantly lubing my chains.

--
marko

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I have used Rohloff chain lube and I couldn't wait to spend
> it (I finished bottle on my 30_eur_commuter_bike :). Chain
> becomes some kind of "sticky bunch" after few dozens of km.

You're appying too much.

> Simply, oil is to dense. Now I have Liqui Moly chain lube
> and I'm perfectly satisfied. It costs around 10 eur (35 kn,
> it will be easier to you :).

10Eur = 35kn? I think not :)

--

dB wrote:

> You're appying too much.
>

>>Simply, oil is to dense.

No. I said oil is to dense and it attracts dirt like magnet ;-(

> 10Eur = 35kn? I think not :)

Ooops, my fault. It is 5 eur.

--
marko