Mizuno Wave Rider

Ned

Guest
What's your opinion? in my opinion is a wonderful sportshoe (marvelous cushioning)

In article <[email protected]>, Ned wrote:
> What's your opinion? in my opinion is a wonderful sportshoe (marvelous cushioning)

I've been thinking of getting some of these.

Got a question for you -- according to roadrunnersports.com, this shoe is "smaller", that is, you
need to get half a size larger than you would most other running shoes.

So my question -- do you wear the same size as you would another shoe (if so, what other shoe?) or
did you go half a size higher ?

PS one of the other posters here has this shoe (google) and loves it.

Cheers,

>PS one of the other posters here has this shoe (google) and loves it.

Yes, Doug "loves it" several times a day. It's horrid to see a man doing a shoe, but in Dougs case
he's closer to his own species.

Bill R.

=============> - -- - (_!_)
OO

Hy Donovan, I write from Spain, but i Think we'll have the same models. I use the same size than
with my other Mizuno Sportshoes (wave strada), and I don't think they are smaller

news:[email protected]...
wrote:
> > What's your opinion? in my opinion is a wonderful sportshoe (marvelous cushioning)
>
> I've been thinking of getting some of these.
>
> Got a question for you -- according to roadrunnersports.com, this shoe is "smaller", that is, you
> need to get half a size larger than you would most other running shoes.
>
> So my question -- do you wear the same size as you would another shoe (if
so,
> what other shoe?) or did you go half a size higher ?
>
> PS one of the other posters here has this shoe (google) and loves it.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Donovan Rebbechi http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

They say that the women's run smaller also, but I think it's in relation to a dress shoe size.

I take a size 7 in general when buying running shoes and I have a size 7 Mizuno Wave Renegade.

Ab

In article <WF1oa.8081$5R6.7456@fed1read01>, Ab wrote:
> They say that the women's run smaller also, but I think it's in relation to a dress shoe size.
>
> I take a size 7 in general when buying running shoes and I have a size 7 Mizuno Wave Renegade.

The guides say the wave rider runs half a size smaller than other running shoes. Looks like
it's not so.

Thanks.

Cheers,

In article <[email protected]>, Ned wrote:
> Hy Donovan, I write from Spain, but i Think we'll have the same models. I use the same size than
> with my other Mizuno Sportshoes (wave strada), and I don't think they are smaller

Thanks. Picked some up from the shoe shop today, and there's no way these things run small. I
actually had my Trigons (Saucony) with me, and if anything, the wave riders were a little more roomy
than the Trigons (about the same toebox, heel a little less snug)

I like them (though only worn them once). They were what I expected: not overly cushioned, but
comfortable. Nice firm feel. I don't want to feel like I'm running on the beach (-;

As a footnote, the New Balance 831 that I also tried did indeed run small. 10 is my usual running
shoe size. I tried the 10s, which were too tight. The 10.5 was about the right size, but the toebox
was too narrow.

Cheers,

In article <[email protected]>, KsBodyShop wrote:
>>They say that the women's run smaller also, but I think it's in relation to a dress shoe size.
>
> I have to buy up a half size from other running shoes and a whole size up from dress shoes.

Interesting. What shoes are you comparing it with ? I found the wave rider didn't "ride small" at
all. "Comparison" shoes: NB 831, 805, 806; Saucony grid trigon, Asics Gel Cumulus.

Cheers,