The ING New York City Marathon

Steff

Guest
Hello everyone,

I am from Switzerland and would like to run the NYC Marathon once in my
life... I never applied to be honest, and I was wandering if some of you
could share tips and experience on registration to NYC Marathon.

On the official site it says:
Registration for the ING New York City Marathon 2006 will be available on
March 1.

I don't understand why the organisations in Switzerland which organise trips
to NYC to participate in the marathon refused my application... I know there
is a lottery though, I am wandering what are my chances to get a number and
actually run it.

stephane

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:10:54 +0100, "Steff"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I am from Switzerland and would like to run the NYC Marathon once in my
>life... I never applied to be honest, and I was wandering if some of you
>could share tips and experience on registration to NYC Marathon.

Send me your money, and I'll see you get in.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I don't understand why the organisations in Switzerland which organise trips
>to NYC to participate in the marathon refused my application.

Because you're ugly and dull-witted? (just a guess)

Hi Stephane. When my husband and I ran the NY Marathon, we got a place
through a charity called Get Kids Going. They arranged the place and
travel etc in exchange for you raising as money for the charity. Most
charities do this and the amount you need to raise is usually around
£1,000. It m ight be worth you contacting some charities in your
country to see if they do something similar.
Good luck! It's a wonderful run, so keep trying.

Mo