Re: Knee Surgery, I Probably Did The Wrong Thing

Jack

Guest
>you're kidding, right? i mean, you're putting us on, right? you really had
>surgery 6 days ago and 4 days later, or two days ago, you were using a ski
>machine? your doctor "told you" it was ok to do that?

Talking to the MD is like talking to the wall, but he provided written
instructions to walk and bear weight as tolerated.

The ski machine is a lot more knee-friendly than walking; no pain at
all.

But thanks for your responses. Maybe it's to early to assess and this
thing will improve and I'll be able to crouch one day and weed the
garden again.

"Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >you're kidding, right? i mean, you're putting us on, right? you really
> >had
>>surgery 6 days ago and 4 days later, or two days ago, you were using a ski
>>machine? your doctor "told you" it was ok to do that?

> Talking to the MD is like talking to the wall, but he provided written
> instructions to walk and bear weight as tolerated.
>
> The ski machine is a lot more knee-friendly than walking; no pain at
> all.

actually the ski machine is FAR less knee friendly than "just
walking"....regardless of the pain you may experience walking..

when I had my meniscus done last year...it took me well over a few weeks to
do anything that involved bending the knees..ie..like going down the front
steps to get the mail...tho I could walk on flat indoor floors without
pain...once the swelling etc went down (about a week)

you couldn't have paid me to use ANY exercise machinery in 4 days...I
started PT about a month later...and they were VERRR Y careful which
machines I used

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:14:28 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> The ski machine is a lot more knee-friendly than walking; no pain at
>> all.

>actually the ski machine is FAR less knee friendly than "just
>walking"....regardless of the pain you may experience walking..

You shouldn't be telling me this.

It gives me an excuse to be lazy and not do anything until my next
appt. four days from now. Doesn't take much pressure for me to be
lazy

Lazy = guilt feelings, so I hope to avoid your advice and keep up with
the ski machine, even if it's for considerably less than the
pre-surgery time of 35-45 minutes per session.

"Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:14:28 GMT, <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> The ski machine is a lot more knee-friendly than walking; no pain at
>>> all.

>>actually the ski machine is FAR less knee friendly than "just
>>walking"....regardless of the pain you may experience walking..

> You shouldn't be telling me this.
>
> It gives me an excuse to be lazy and not do anything until my next
> appt. four days from now. Doesn't take much pressure for me to be
> lazy
>
> Lazy = guilt feelings, so I hope to avoid your advice and keep up with
> the ski machine, even if it's for considerably less than the
> pre-surgery time of 35-45 minutes per session.

problem with the ski machine...is that it allows Lateral movement

not good when healing after knee surgery

do what you want....