Vegetarian Front Group At It Again

Jenny

Guest
My newspaper had a letter in it this morning from a "Jennifer K. Reilly,
M.D." from "The Cancer Project" claiming the $400 million study that
proved low fat doesn't prevent cancer and heart disease was all wet and
that a diet of only 10% fat will cure everything.

A bit of Googling turned up the fact that she's from the Physician's
Committee for Responsible Medicine, a vegetarian group affiliated with
PETA who sponsor letter writing campaigns to fight anything that
promotes a truly healthy diet.

If you see this letter in your newspaper, be sure to write to the editor
and point out that this "Cancer Project" is an extremist group
affiliated with PETA whose agenda has nothing to do with health. And
that the studies of ultra low fat diets (like Ornish) actually show they
harm cardiovascular markers like triglycerides and cholesterol.

--Jenny

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u Diabetes Info

http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/newlydiagnosed.htm Get Your Blood
Sugar Under Control

Jenny wrote:
:: My newspaper had a letter in it this morning from a "Jennifer K.
:: Reilly, M.D." from "The Cancer Project" claiming the $400 million
:: study that proved low fat doesn't prevent cancer and heart disease
:: was all wet and that a diet of only 10% fat will cure everything.
::
:: A bit of Googling turned up the fact that she's from the Physician's
:: Committee for Responsible Medicine, a vegetarian group affiliated
:: with PETA who sponsor letter writing campaigns to fight anything that
:: promotes a truly healthy diet.

****. Don't these idiots know that one can eat only plant sources of food
and still get greater than 10% fat in the diet? Why do they assume that fat
only comes from animals. Morons.

::
:: If you see this letter in your newspaper, be sure to write to the
:: editor and point out that this "Cancer Project" is an extremist group
:: affiliated with PETA whose agenda has nothing to do with health. And
:: that the studies of ultra low fat diets (like Ornish) actually show
:: they harm cardiovascular markers like triglycerides and cholesterol.

I haven't seen that data...got any links handy? Thanks.

::
:: --Jenny
::

Roger Zoul wrote:
> ::
> :: If you see this letter in your newspaper, be sure to write to the
> :: editor and point out that this "Cancer Project" is an extremist group
> :: affiliated with PETA whose agenda has nothing to do with health. And
> :: that the studies of ultra low fat diets (like Ornish) actually show
> :: they harm cardiovascular markers like triglycerides and cholesterol.
>
> I haven't seen that data...got any links handy? Thanks.

Not handy. It was the study that compared Ornish, Atkins and Weight
Watchers. You must have a link to it somewhere. It was discussed a lot a
couple years ago here.