or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Weight gain without eating

post #1 of 22
My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely anything. Is
there someone out there that knows if this is a petuitary problem?? I feel
sorry for her cause she is always trying to lose weight and is very active
physically but, just continues to gain weight. Please help, Thanks, Tim
post #2 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

In article <52E12A7166E10@MedKB.com>,
"tim s via MedKB.com" <forum@MedKB.com> wrote:

> My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely anything. Is
> there someone out there that knows if this is a petuitary problem?? I feel
> sorry for her cause she is always trying to lose weight and is very active
> physically but, just continues to gain weight. Please help, Thanks, Tim

Take her to an endocrinoligist....

It's not how much you eat, but WHAT you eat!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #3 of 22

tim s via MedKB.com wrote:
: My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely
: anything.

Perhaps she is learning to live on light nutrition.

http://www.selfempowermentacademy.com.au/htm/divine.asp

--
Juhana
post #4 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

It is how much you eat !
Fat from animal srcs is far more costly than from Carbs ! Same for
protein !! lower cost to make protein from carbs !
Your body naturally chooses the most efficient method to make it's
FATTY ACIDS , CHOLESTEROL
LDL's .

_____________________________
The Daughter :
If you are healthy other wise , reducing input...

ONLY IF YOU CAN CONVINCE YOUR BODY IT IS OK TO DO SO ( read w/o
causing pain )

will reduce your wt .

But here's the stop !
Humans eat for pleasure . It is impossible to fast
unless you are on your death bed .

I know , i've tried , but til i had GERD 2 years ago ,
i had pain every time i cut back to O.J. and a slice o' bread a day .
Now it is easy .
I am normal ( 61y.o. White 170 lbs on tea and toast each day ) .
I had to learn a lot . First you must believe that your
blood sugar will NOT drop . Train your brain to give you sugar when
you make the big decision !

sugar is sucrose ( a blend of glucose and fructose )
So where's the poison ? There is nothing harmful in
sugar !!! The process is so simple there could not possibly be
anything "latent" !
You pay no price for eating sugar except maybe tooth loss !
Vegans sometimes can't keep up with converting only starch to glucose
..... sugar your tea !
On demand ,Glucose is converted to protein more efficiently/lower
cost than eating meat !
post #5 of 22

tim s via MedKB.com wrote:
> My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely anything. Is
> there someone out there that knows if this is a petuitary problem?? I feel
> sorry for her cause she is always trying to lose weight and is very active
> physically but, just continues to gain weight. Please help, Thanks, Tim

You may want to consider if she has an eating disorder, which can be
common in young women. If you rarely see her eating and she is
exercising a lot, it may be that she is binge eating in private. She
should probably see her doctor though, to rule out any medical issues
first..

Will McGugan
post #6 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:54:13 GMT, "tim s via MedKB.com"
<forum@MedKB.com> wrote:

>My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely anything. Is
>there someone out there that knows if this is a petuitary problem?? I feel
>sorry for her cause she is always trying to lose weight and is very active
>physically but, just continues to gain weight. Please help, Thanks, Tim

Has she been tested for thyroid problems?
post #7 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

In article <1124117716.186338.53110@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"werty" <werty@swissinfo.org> wrote:

> On demand ,Glucose is converted to protein more efficiently/lower
> cost than eating meat !

Glucose cannot convert to protein.
Protein is made up of amino acids and Essential aminos have to be
aquired from the diet.

Live on tea and toast all you want, but you will end up with amino acid
deficiencies after awhile.

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #8 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

Thyroid.......that is what i meant.......not petuitary.....what do i know.
Ya, no, she has not been tested for that i don't believe. I will have to ask
her if she would like to have that done. She has always eaten like a bird
and just continues to gain weight. I was told once that peoples motablism is
different and some can eat every thing and never gain a pound. Others
everything they eat is stored as fat.

Just Cocky wrote:
>>My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely anything. Is
>>there someone out there that knows if this is a petuitary problem?? I feel
>>sorry for her cause she is always trying to lose weight and is very active
>>physically but, just continues to gain weight. Please help, Thanks, Tim

>Has she been tested for thyroid problems?

post #9 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

In article <52E453CED267C@MedKB.com>,
"tim s via MedKB.com" <forum@MedKB.com> wrote:

> Thyroid.......that is what i meant.......not petuitary.....what do i know.
> Ya, no, she has not been tested for that i don't believe. I will have to ask
> her if she would like to have that done. She has always eaten like a bird
> and just continues to gain weight. I was told once that peoples motablism is
> different and some can eat every thing and never gain a pound. Others
> everything they eat is stored as fat.

I used to have the same problem and it's still somewhat of a problem.

Google for "Wilson's syndrome" and "Insulin resistance".
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #10 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

In article <52E453CED267C@MedKB.com>, forum@MedKB.com says...
> Thyroid.......that is what i meant.......not petuitary.....what do i know.
> Ya, no, she has not been tested for that i don't believe. I will have to ask
> her if she would like to have that done. She has always eaten like a bird
> and just continues to gain weight. I was told once that peoples motablism is
> different and some can eat every thing and never gain a pound. Others
> everything they eat is stored as fat.
>
> Just Cocky wrote:
> >>My daughter who is 19yrs old gains weight without eating barely anything. Is
> >>there someone out there that knows if this is a petuitary problem?? I feel
> >>sorry for her cause she is always trying to lose weight and is very active
> >>physically but, just continues to gain weight. Please help, Thanks, Tim

> >Has she been tested for thyroid problems?

As Robert said, it *could* be pituitary. Could you give us an example
of a typical day's meals? There are SO manything reasons this could be
happening. It could be what she eats, emotional, hormonal... many
things. It's best to start with the obvious and work your way down.

Max.
post #11 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

I would buy her some iodine supplements to kickstart her metabolism.
Then buy her some Proactiv to help with the acne that iodine causes.

bob
http://www.coolgroups.com/
post #12 of 22

Max C. wrote:
> As Robert said, it *could* be pituitary. Could you give us an example
> of a typical day's meals? There are SO manything reasons this could be
> happening. It could be what she eats, emotional, hormonal... many
> things. It's best to start with the obvious and work your way down.
>
> Max.

COMMENT:

Yeah, well, the most obvious possibility of all, is that she's eating a
lot of stuff that she forgets and you don't see, you dodo.

Fat people get thin in locked metabolic wards. Breatharians (google it)
are mythical.

SBH
post #13 of 22

"Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com" <sbharris@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> Max C. wrote:
>> As Robert said, it *could* be pituitary. Could you give us an example
>> of a typical day's meals? There are SO manything reasons this could be
>> happening. It could be what she eats, emotional, hormonal... many
>> things. It's best to start with the obvious and work your way down.
>>
>> Max.

> COMMENT:
>
> Yeah, well, the most obvious possibility of all, is that she's eating a
> lot of stuff that she forgets and you don't see, you dodo.
>
> Fat people get thin in locked metabolic wards. Breatharians (google it)
> are mythical.

Well, being a Breatharian is about the only way
one could survive on a food budget of less than
$1.50/day. : o )
post #14 of 22

"werty" <werty@swissinfo.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> It is how much you eat !
> Fat from animal srcs is far more costly than from Carbs ! Same for
> protein !! lower cost to make protein from carbs !

"lower cost to make protein from carbs"?!
are you sure you posted in the right group?
post #15 of 22

Re: Weight gain without eating

In article <1124160891.256875.236520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
sbharris@ix.netcom.com says...

> Max C. wrote:
> > As Robert said, it *could* be pituitary. Could you give us an example
> > of a typical day's meals? There are SO manything reasons this could be
> > happening. It could be what she eats, emotional, hormonal... many
> > things. It's best to start with the obvious and work your way down.
> >
> > Max.

> COMMENT:
>
> Yeah, well, the most obvious possibility of all, is that she's eating a
> lot of stuff that she forgets and you don't see, you dodo.
>
> Fat people get thin in locked metabolic wards. Breatharians (google it)
> are mythical.
>
> SBH

You assume that because she's overweight that she eats too much. How
very scientific of you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition