Farcilities in the Press

Tony Raven

Guest
On the TV without pictures this morning, the Today Prog was having a
good chuckle about pictures of farcilities in many of the papers with
mentions of the Warrington Cycle Campaign pages. It seems even the
Daily Wail might have been involved. As I don't buy fish and chip
wrappers can anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Tony Raven wrote:
> On the TV without pictures this morning, the Today Prog was having a
> good chuckle about pictures of farcilities in many of the papers with
> mentions of the Warrington Cycle Campaign pages. It seems even the
> Daily Wail might have been involved. As I don't buy fish and chip
> wrappers can anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

Page 9 of the Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/03/28/ncycle28.xml

--
Matt B

> On the TV without pictures this morning, the Today Prog was having a good
> chuckle about pictures of farcilities in many of the papers with mentions
> of the Warrington Cycle Campaign pages. It seems even the Daily Wail
> might have been involved. As I don't buy fish and chip wrappers can
> anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

They had a quick show of them on the Wright Stuff just now, and they said
the pictures are in The Express. They had a good laugh about them, and it's
great to see that the media is putting out the impression that all cycle
paths are ****.

Bit of a cycling theme on the program as well, he's been going on for some
tmie about having been stopped and fined for going through some London park.
He's kept on about it for some time. However, yesterday he spots too police
officers cycling through so he runs after them, chases them down and got
given the "we're chasing robbers" excuse. Shortly after they pull over a
cyclist for cycling in the park, so he chases them down again. At this point
they take him aside. Anyway, he says all round they all agreed that a cycle
path in the park would be a better option.

> As I don't buy fish and chip
> wrappers can anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

Was in the MEN Lite[1] on Monday. 3/4 of a page too.

[1] Manchester Evening News Lite - free newspaper given away in the
afternoon/evening.

In article <[email protected]>, Mark
Thompson <pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com>
writes
>> As I don't buy fish and chip
>> wrappers can anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

>Was in the MEN Lite[1] on Monday. 3/4 of a page too.
>
>[1] Manchester Evening News Lite - free newspaper given away in the
>afternoon/evening.

There were pictures of a few farcilities and a short write up in today's
Times as well.

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...

> On the TV without pictures this morning, the Today Prog was having a good
> chuckle about pictures of farcilities in many of the papers with mentions
> of the Warrington Cycle Campaign pages. It seems even the Daily Wail
> might have been involved. As I don't buy fish and chip wrappers can
> anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

It was discussed on Radio 5 last night (1755-1800) with the geezer from the
Warrington website.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Simon Mason wrote:
> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On the TV without pictures this morning, the Today Prog was having a good
> > chuckle about pictures of farcilities in many of the papers with mentions
> > of the Warrington Cycle Campaign pages. It seems even the Daily Wail
> > might have been involved. As I don't buy fish and chip wrappers can
> > anyone confirm and maybe even post some scans?

> It was discussed on Radio 5 last night (1755-1800) with the geezer from the
> Warrington website.

It's funny to see how many journalists seem to read the 'Paper Monitor'
section of the BBC website's Magazine. Paper Monitor started with this
at least a week ago, after all the fuss about the HC changes finally
hit the papers.

TL