I'm back!

"Claire Petersky" wrote: (clip) It was so wet and cold in the Bay Area I
ended up never bicycling at all. I did meet Leo Lichtman, though. He's a
delightful person, and I enjoyed talking with him.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Claire, you are a delightful person, and also very perceptive. I enjoyed
talking with you. :)

Claire Petersky wrote:
> Good to see you found things to talk about in my absence. It was so wet and
> cold in the Bay Area I ended up never bicycling at all. I did meet Leo
> Lichtman, though. He's a delightful person, and I enjoyed talking with him.

I voucher you on that since I live near the Bay Area and we haven't seen
good riding weather except for a few days since....oh, around Halloween.
Very un California-ish weather.
Bill Baka

"Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Claire Petersky" wrote: (clip) It was so wet and cold in the Bay Area I
> ended up never bicycling at all. I did meet Leo Lichtman, though. He's a
> delightful person, and I enjoyed talking with him.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Claire, you are a delightful person, and also very perceptive. I enjoyed
> talking with you. :)

Brainless people like Claire are often a delight to talk to and to be with
because they do not challenge you. I know several idiots here in my home
town who are just like her.

The only question I have is why is she traveling all over the country like a
vagabond. Does she not have a home she can repair to and do her womanly
duties on behalf of her husband and her kids. Not so long ago she was in New
York and now she is in California. Her husband ought to sue her for divorce
since she is never home taking care of him and her kids.

A woman's place is in the home doing womanly duties. Leave the large world
to us men. Claire needs to stop gadding about making a nuisance of herself
everywhere she goes. The Muslims would teach her a thing to two about what
it means to be a woman.

The Great Ed Dolan deplores women who do not know how to be women. But every
generation is getting dumber and dumber and we will soon end up with
genderless idiots, morons and imbeciles who will not know enough to come in
out of the rain, let alone to be traipsing about from coast to coast for no
apparent reason.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Claire Petersky wrote:

> Good to see you found things to talk about in my absence. It was so wet and
> cold in the Bay Area I ended up never bicycling at all. I did meet Leo
> Lichtman, though. He's a delightful person, and I enjoyed talking with him.

being in seattle, you should have been immune to cold and rain ;) we
have been getting some lucky breaks in weather. But then other things at
work etc has to coincide to take advantage of these lucky breaks..

Generally, north of Golden Gate is the wettest of the entire bay area :(
next time, if you have time, check out the rides in/around woodside,
saratoga, south of san jose or the east bay
(livermore/pleasanton/sunol/walnut creek) ... they are pretty and much
less chances of rains.

The hills here are green because of the rains. Since these are grassy
hills, they dry out almost as soon as the rain stops. So, if you want
the pretty sight of beautiful green grassy hills, you have to like the
rain ;) for the most part of the year these hills are dry - brownish,
and looks like sand-dunes :(, but now, almost all the hills are either
green or have lots of blooming mustard - all yellow :)

+ravi

"Ravi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> being in seattle, you should have been immune to cold and rain ;)

If I had the clothes that I have at home, I could have ridden, I suppose. I
had this insane notion, though, that by going 800 miles to the south, it
might be a little warmer, and I brought both regular and bike clothes
accordingly. The last time I was in the area in April, it was warm and
sunny. Instead, I spent the whole week freezing my kishkas.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Claire Petersky wrote:
> "Ravi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>being in seattle, you should have been immune to cold and rain ;)

> If I had the clothes that I have at home, I could have ridden, I suppose. I
> had this insane notion, though, that by going 800 miles to the south, it
> might be a little warmer, and I brought both regular and bike clothes
> accordingly. The last time I was in the area in April, it was warm and
> sunny. Instead, I spent the whole week freezing my kishkas.

Amen.
I live by Sacramento and everyone is asking "What the?" It should be in
the mid 70's and dry getting ready to ramp up to the 100's as usual.
Change the song to "It never shines in rainy California.".
I didn't move here for this.
Bill Baka