Good MP3 player for runners.

Wylie Wilde

Guest
Hey there,

I need to get a good MP3 player for running. I've got a select group of
songs that I use for running- mainly Linkin Park music, (Somehow Mozart
doesn't cut it) Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries" etc..

My main consideration is that it should be robust, splashproof. Memory space
is a second consideration- it will be useful to keep movie files.

I guess I should get a FLASH MP3 player- but not too sure which one would be
suitable. I don't want to damage it if I get caught in the rain.

Thanks

Wilde!

www.IRIVER.com

They have splash-proof cases. They are also more hardy than many MP3
players. And yes, definitely go with a flash memory player. Hard-drive
models will screw-up SOON if you run with them.

Newest Iriver still have FM radio as well, but have boosted battery life to
42 hours for a single AA Battery.

And no, I don't work for IRiver. I've had 2. I wish I still did. Got a
Nano for Christmas. The battery charging it requires sucks as opposed to
popping a new AA battery in and continuing about my business.

"Wylie Wilde" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: Hey there,
:
: I need to get a good MP3 player for running. I've got a select group of
: songs that I use for running- mainly Linkin Park music, (Somehow Mozart
: doesn't cut it) Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries" etc..
:
: My main consideration is that it should be robust, splashproof. Memory
space
: is a second consideration- it will be useful to keep movie files.
:
: I guess I should get a FLASH MP3 player- but not too sure which one would
be
: suitable. I don't want to damage it if I get caught in the rain.
:
: Thanks
:
: Wilde!
:
:

While music can keep your mind off the physical stress, make sure you
do this in a low traffic area. Or always stick to the pavement. I know
a few runners who got knocked down by cyclists, rollerbladers and bikes
because they couldn't hear the traffic approaching. I personally
recommend keeping all your body's senses unobstructed when running. Its
better to just enjoy the scenery and appreciate the natural sounds
around you.

On 18 Mar 2006 12:55:18 -0800, "icekin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I know
>a few runners who got knocked down by cyclists, rollerbladers and bikes
>because they couldn't hear the traffic approaching.

No, it just seemed like the thing to do to joggers.

Hello,

Thanks for the warning. I always stick on the pavement- and my 3km park has
no cars or bicycles.

I realize its probably safer to run without a headset- but at 7am on a
freezing morning- I need more than just birds and bees to get me motivated
to get out of bed and run 10km+.

Nothing motivates me like Linkin Park, Wagner, or the soundtrack to Last of
the Mohicans.

news:[email protected]...