or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Your Bloody Soap Box › bush voters, if you had it to do over...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

bush voters, if you had it to do over... - Page 3

post #31 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Sure, we wouldn't wanty Teddy K. (preserving his anonomity) drinking cheap whisky

How about $391 million for a bridge in Alaska, serving only 50 people? Was that the President's decision? Pork, regional pork, not national causes are what bloat the budget. But taxing growth is absurd. You tax what you want to decrease, fund what you want to grow. In your socialist world, you subsidize poverty and tax prosperity. In your polluted view, you want poverty to increase and economic growth to be stifled.

The estates have already been taxed via income and property taxes. Unless you are a closet Marxist, estates belong to the family, NOT the government.

You obiviously belong the the "de da de" class of short bus riders as described by Carlos Mencia.
post #32 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Ryder
Why should someone have to pay a tax just because they died?
because this country is based on a meritocracy not a aristocracy. The siblings of the deceased may be forced to work for a living if Washington were to get a piece of the pie. Besides, who's going to pay for bush's $1billion/day spending spree in Iraq. You do realize that it is not payed for. The funds are simply going to be allocated in the future meaning-our kids pay for his nationbuilding or rather unbuilding
post #33 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisse Luft
Sure, we wouldn't wanty Teddy K. (preserving his anonomity) drinking cheap whisky

How about $391 million for a bridge in Alaska, serving only 50 people? Was that the President's decision? Pork, regional pork, not national causes are what bloat the budget. But taxing growth is absurd. You tax what you want to decrease, fund what you want to grow. In your socialist world, you subsidize poverty and tax prosperity. In your polluted view, you want poverty to increase and economic growth to be stifled.

The estates have already been taxed via income and property taxes. Unless you are a closet Marxist, estates belong to the family, NOT the government.

You obiviously belong the the "de da de" class of short bus riders as described by Carlos Mencia.
Weisse, if you take out social security, military pensions (past & present), ect...you are left w/ <10% of the budget going to the impovershed. You show your ignorance when you make such undocumented statements. The RNC/Rush Limbaugh have you thouroughly brainwashed. They want you to think that the survival of the fittest is what america is based upon. What rubbish & what a pity All citizens are included in "We the people..."
post #34 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc
because this country is based on a meritocracy not a aristocracy. The siblings of the deceased may be forced to work for a living if Washington were to get a piece of the pie. Besides, who's going to pay for bush's $1billion/day spending spree in Iraq. You do realize that it is not payed for. The funds are simply going to be allocated in the future meaning-our kids pay for his nationbuilding or rather unbuilding
Spoken like a liberal. Strange view. Maybe we shouldn't hand out food stamps and welfare. That would force those people to work for a living.

Only liberals would have their hands in a dead man's pockets trying to get that last coin before he is put in the ground.
post #35 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Ryder
Spoken like a liberal. Strange view. Maybe we shouldn't hand out food stamps and welfare. That would force those people to work for a living.

Only liberals would have their hands in a dead man's pockets trying to get that last coin before he is put in the ground.
So, people who recieve food stamps don't work. This is new's to me. It is not uncommon for them to be a supplement to one's paltry income. Face it, you think people who aren't born w/ a silver spoon in thier mouth's are evil & worthy of derision.
post #36 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc
So, people who recieve food stamps don't work. This is new's to me. It is not uncommon for them to be a supplement to one's paltry income. Face it, you think people who aren't born w/ a silver spoon in thier mouth's are evil & worthy of derision.
Yes I do think that. and your ability to stereotype is amazing.
You want to know what is news? That people that receive inheritances also actually work. Face it you think that people that are self-supporting are evil.

If you were truly interested in fairness, all estates would be taxed not just those over the threshold.
post #37 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Ryder
Why should someone have to pay a tax just because they died?
Me thinks that Peabody is a progressive Marxist...
post #38 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc
Weisse, if you take out social security, military pensions (past & present), ect...you are left w/ <10% of the budget going to the impovershed. You show your ignorance when you make such undocumented statements. The RNC/Rush Limbaugh have you thouroughly brainwashed. They want you to think that the survival of the fittest is what america is based upon. What rubbish & what a pity All citizens are included in "We the people..."


What are the merits of taking the property of a family just because the owner died? There is NOTHING in the Constitution assuring happiness, only its pursuit.

It is a shame to subsidize poverty and allay the second most important motivator, that being pain. And social programs also work to diminish fear, the most important motivator. We see this in the scores of people relocating from New Orleans where they lived on the dole, simply but without siignificant fear or suffering until Katrina hit. The sole motivator of fear in self preservation was great enough to force a change in location and many found other locations with greater opportunity to be an improvement.
post #39 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

just so happens, i know what hard work is,
(if you do not believe this know i ride road, and have won races)
also a small businesss owner and have paid taxes for quite a few years during employment as a productive member of society...

but all your inferences to this aside, someone is payin' the taxes to keep this regime afloat, as this is the primary income of the us gov't.

as for subsidies, where do you stand on corporate welfare?

a believer in the reaganesque "trickle down" theory perhaps?

this list i itemized, (back in post 34) seems to present difficulty for folks to break down and address from a pro-bush stance factualy in even an outline form with any coherency. if you have facts and beliefs worthy of posting, that you truly have convictions about and not just subservient remnants of emotional based party loyalty, do spell it out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisse Luft
Only those that PAY taxes got a tax cut. But EVERY year, "

Repeat for effect.
post #40 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc
Weisse, if you take out social security, military pensions (past & present), ect...you are left w/ <10% of the budget going to the impovershed. You show your ignorance when you make such undocumented statements. The RNC/Rush Limbaugh have you thouroughly brainwashed. They want you to think that the survival of the fittest is what america is based upon. What rubbish & what a pity All citizens are included in "We the people..."
And the DNC wants you to think that government should take of you from birth to death.
post #41 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc
So, people who recieve food stamps don't work. This is new's to me. It is not uncommon for them to be a supplement to one's paltry income. Face it, you think people who aren't born w/ a silver spoon in thier mouth's are evil & worthy of derision.
You don't have to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth to be self sufficient...C'mon peabody don't champion the cause of those just waiting for a handout...it's not a notewothy position...
post #42 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

it is a truth some do not have a chance to experience. i personaly received benefits of this type while attending to my academic pursuits at a time or two...
you can bet that dining on mac&cheese with canned tuna keeps many a student fortified enough whilst preparing to become a contributing member of society.

as for a handout, howzabout the "selective service" card
our kids are getting handed?




Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc
So, people who recieve food stamps don't work. This is new's to me. It is not uncommon for them to be a supplement to one's paltry income. Face it, you think people who aren't born w/ a silver spoon in thier mouth's are evil & worthy of derision.
post #43 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

It's clear poverty should be subjected to zero tolerance and education should be free at higher level.
I live in a poor area where industry has gradually disappeared. The crime rate has shot up correspondingly. Many people here don't have the social skills or confidence to hold down a job. Many are undesirable and have no sense of discipline.
But they're not to blame. Many come from broken homes and deprived backgrounds or even some may have suffered abuse. Very many aren't strong enough to break with their problematic past and get up and go.
I do think national service should be brought back so people learn some basic discipline in life. We also need sports to be pushed forward in schools and investment in social projects.
We don't need prisons and we don't need religion. We do need education, investment, sport facilities and hope.
post #44 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurm
I guess you missed the satire. The phrase comes from one of your heroes, Phallus Cheney. It's usually where he's at when there's any type of crisis...ie: nowhere to be found/AWOL/shirking his duties, etc. You know, like Gee! Duh! Bya and the rest of the Neo Cons during Vietnam.
Hey boxcar wurmy...58% ****chirp chirp ****
post #45 of 128

Re: bush voters, if you had it to do over...

ah yes, marxists in our midst, you typify youself in good company here...as there are other posters tossing this label about in a less than lucid sense of late.

as for this bridge you mention, it was brought to attn of late by a "liberal" think tank as a project to cut in order to direct disaster relief funds to americans in need. it was among other expenitures termed by said think tank as "indefensible".

the other couple "conservative" think tanks who weighed in on how to fund relief efforts targeted the cutting of health benefits to children and seniors, including postponing medical and prescription benefits that our lawmakers have been working out on the taxpayers dime...

seems bush is caught looking for a handout 'cause the money americans need here at home has been, er, appropriated elsewhere.

you know, it is all relative. and the preying on of emotional issues such as this bridge project clouds the greater reality....
even this 50m pales in comparison to billions upon billions spending capability of the double-dipping bush criminal syndicate.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisse Luft
Sure, we wouldn't wanty Teddy K. (preserving his anonomity) drinking cheap whisky

How about $391 million for a bridge in Alaska, serving only 50 people? Was that the President's decision? . Unless you are a closet Marxist, estates belong to the family, NOT the government.

by Carlos Mencia.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Your Bloody Soap Box
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Your Bloody Soap Box › bush voters, if you had it to do over...