or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

post #1 of 17
On 20 Sep 2005 23:47:54 -0700, roses wrote:

> Ooh - sometimes really glad I'm a chick, just saw this on Aunty's
> website ...>
>
> "First there was athlete's foot, now it's cyclists' penis. It may
> never take off as a retail chain, but as a medical condition "cyclists'
> penis" should be a cause of concern to those who are spending too much
> time on the two-wheeled saddle."

I don't know. The women I ride with (a small sample, admittedly) complain
about groin and, er, related problems more than we do. I can only suggest
what I use - vaseline before and medicated soap after :-)

post #2 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

"roses" <rosemaryewalton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ooh - sometimes really glad I'm a chick, just saw this on Aunty's
> website ...>
>

> "First there was athlete's foot, now it's cyclists' penis. It may
> never take off as a retail chain, but as a medical condition "cyclists'
> penis" should be a cause of concern to those who are spending too much
> time on the two-wheeled saddle."
>
> Full article here:
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/southeastsa/stories/s1464216.htm

Does this mean we'll all have to change to recumbents????????

DJ

post #3 of 17

On 2005-09-21, DJ <mrjay@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Does this mean we'll all have to change to recumbents????????

No! Please, dear $DEITY, no! I can't grow a bushy beard to save my life!

post #4 of 17

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:17:58 GMT, Euan wrote:

> They must be sitting on the saddle in a pretty weird way. The majority
> of my body weight is on my buttocks; not on the sensitive dangly bits.
>
> Ten plus hours in the saddle every week, no problem here :-D

Indeed. ISTM the nose is only there to stop your thighs rubbing
together, and help you get in and out of the correct position
without falling off the saddle.

post #5 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

Just have a wank after each ride to make sure that everything is still
working...

"roses" <rosemaryewalton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ooh - sometimes really glad I'm a chick, just saw this on Aunty's
> website ...>
>

> "First there was athlete's foot, now it's cyclists' penis. It may
> never take off as a retail chain, but as a medical condition "cyclists'
> penis" should be a cause of concern to those who are spending too much
> time on the two-wheeled saddle."
>
> Full article here:
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/southeastsa/stories/s1464216.htm

post #6 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

It's all very simple. Sit on your monkey bones, not your perineum. Now, are we sitting comfortably? Good.
post #7 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

I've found that having children has almost the same affect, so I think I'll
just keep riding.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"Nick Payne" <someone@nowhere.au> wrote in message
> Just have a wank after each ride to make sure that everything is still
> working...
>
> "roses" <rosemaryewalton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ooh - sometimes really glad I'm a chick, just saw this on Aunty's
> > website ...>
> >

> > "First there was athlete's foot, now it's cyclists' penis. It may
> > never take off as a retail chain, but as a medical condition "cyclists'
> > penis" should be a cause of concern to those who are spending too much
> > time on the two-wheeled saddle."
> >
> > Full article here:
> >
> > http://www.abc.net.au/southeastsa/stories/s1464216.htm

post #8 of 17

Euan wrote:

They must be sitting on the saddle in a pretty weird way. The majority
of my body weight is on my buttocks; not on the sensitive dangly bits.

You mean you don't sit on your doodle when you ride?

Yes, I would agree.. I think women have more issues to deal with than men. I won't go into too much detail, but the main reason I don't ride to work every day is saddle sores and um... sore other bits.

LotteBum
post #9 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feelstiffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteBum
I think women have more issues to deal with than men. I won't go into too much detail, but the main reason I don't ride to work every day is saddle sores and um... sore other bits.

LotteBum
My dear ol' girly Serfas saddle is lovely, and after five years of hard work it proves another thing. My bum is lopsided. Either that or the rails got bend outta shape via a stack at sometime.
post #10 of 17

cfsmtb wrote:

> LotteBum Wrote:
> > I think women have more issues to deal with than men. I won't go into
> > too much detail, but the main reason I don't ride to work every day is
> > saddle sores and um... sore other bits.
> >
> > LotteBum

> My dear ol' girly Serfas saddle is lovely, and after five years of hard
> work it proves another thing. My bum is lopsided. Either that or the
> rails got bend outta shape via a stack at sometime.
>
> --
> cfsmtb

The new saddle I'm trying today is pretty cool. (Yeah the bike shop lets
you try all the saddles before you buy one, cool, eh?) So I looked at
my old saddle and felt around the edges and realised the padding there
is a bit dead and I can feel the rough edges in it - no wonder I'm
getting injuries!

Tam
post #11 of 17

LotteBum wrote:

> Yes, I would agree.. I think women have more issues to deal with than
> men. I won't go into too much detail, but the main reason I don't ride
> to work every day is saddle sores and um... sore other bits.

Isn't this just a matterof seat adjustment?

Says the man who's brooks leather, hmm leather[1] seat actually points
30 degrees downwatds. {:-)

[1] hmmmm leather. did I mention that I just love leather?
its those cows again!

Anything that converts cows into something useful wins my vote.
post #12 of 17

On 20 Sep 2005 23:47:54 -0700, "roses" <rosemaryewalton@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ooh - sometimes really glad I'm a chick, just saw this on Aunty's
> website ...>
>

> "First there was athlete's foot, now it's cyclists' penis. It may
> never take off as a retail chain, but as a medical condition "cyclists'
> penis" should be a cause of concern to those who are spending too much
> time on the two-wheeled saddle."

Could be worse. Imagine having Billiard Balls. :-)
post #13 of 17

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:52:44 +1000, Peter Signorini wrote:

> The nose of my saddle stays well clear of the dangly bits - if you've got
> the right saddle you should be taking your weight on what's call your
> 'ischial tuberosities' I think, ie. your buttock bones. Many people today
> are probably riding race saddle s that are very much too narrow for their
> pelvis.

I suppose the nose supports the dangly bits, too, so they don't get
caught between the thighs as they move up and down.

post #14 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy@mailinator.com

Could be worse. Imagine having Billiard Balls. :-)
Or even worst, bearing balls.
post #15 of 17

Re: News item: "Cyclists' penis": no cock up, but riders feel stiffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsmtb
Or even worst, bearing balls.
You'd think sitting on a cushioned sack would be more comfortable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Australia and New Zealand