or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Next Generation › who is your favorite rider
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

who is your favorite rider

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 
who is your favorite rider, i like vino and voight-they attack the heck out of everybody and never give up
post #2 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Yeh Vino's wicked. I like Vino, Evans, and Armstrong. Good on Vino for switchin teams too.
post #3 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

speaking of switching teams...did anyone else read about the new German/Italian team with both zabel AND petacchi?????????
post #4 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by the holster
who is your favorite rider, i like vino and voight-they attack the heck out of everybody and never give up
i like Vino
post #5 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice2833
speaking of switching teams...did anyone else read about the new German/Italian team with both zabel AND petacchi?????????
Hopefully that means Zabel will see the light and concentrate on the classics-he's probably not explosive enough anymore to win the big sprints, but I could easily see him winning at Ghent or Flanders.
post #6 of 35
Thread Starter 

Re: who is your favorite rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoawhoa
Hopefully that means Zabel will see the light and concentrate on the classics-he's probably not explosive enough anymore to win the big sprints, but I could easily see him winning at Ghent or Flanders.
he's too old to compete with the likes of boonen
post #7 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by the holster
he's too old to compete with the likes of boonen
Got a better chance in the classics than in a bunch sprint with Pettachi, Freire, etc. You're right though, he won't beat Boonen straight up (I'm not sure anyone can) but in races like Ghent where the biggest names take it easy for roubaix he may have a shot.
post #8 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoawhoa
Got a better chance in the classics than in a bunch sprint with Pettachi, Freire, etc. You're right though, he won't beat Boonen straight up (I'm not sure anyone can) but in races like Ghent where the biggest names take it easy for roubaix he may have a shot.
Oh yeah, Vino's cool but Adam Craig is the coolest.
post #9 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

I like vino and david moncoutie, and especially Tom Danielson
post #10 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Since Lance retired, Basso is my favorite right now.


But for the future I will be looking at Andrey Kashenckin.
post #11 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Yea, I'm a fan of Basso too, I'm asking for a CSC jersey for Christmas... I also like Levi Leipheimer.
post #12 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Also I love how Jens Voigt races, he just does those super long breakaways.


I used to like Roberto Heras, before he doped
post #13 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

That is what I love about mountain biking there are no idles or extremely famous people. There are home town favorites and trail heroes. People who have made this such a great sport and no one even knows there name. They are my favorite riders.
post #14 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

Valverde all the way, he chumps all. World class sprinter (silver at worlds to boonen), world class climber (armstrong beaten at courchevel), he's got heart too (vuelta 2004, crashed yet next day went on attack even though he didn't have it in him). And he just took a classic, and he's only 26. He's so much fun to watch. Ullrich aint to bad, loving his crashes.
post #15 of 35

Re: who is your favorite rider

i've gotta say boonen, he's soooo fast and he's got an awesome sense of style. he can sprint and handle the wicked climbs of flanders as well as finish the tour, he's a complete rider.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Next Generation
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Next Generation › who is your favorite rider