Re: Diet for a person with both diabetes and IBS?

Mars at the Mu_n's Edge

Guest
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:07:40 +1100, "Annette" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Yes, Stan after this last post for such a serious life threatening
>health risk, he (Mu or Chung) should be renamed Dr Death.

My last post was to introduce Stan to the 2PDiet.

Exactly what is it that is so onerous about the 2PDiet that would make
you, Annette, lie and spew such hatred?

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

>He doesn't care how many people he might kill with his whacko
>theories. Please ignore him.

No one has died on the 2PDiet and many who have taken it up, with
great success, live normal and healthy lives.

Chung, I haven't killed anyone. Have you with the 2PDiet?

Annette, I know you mean well but libel, lies and misinformation hurt
your credibility one whole hell of a lot more than either mine or
Chung's. You come off as miscreant and counterproductive to the
charter you so revere of alt.support.diabetes.

Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:03:06 -0500, Mars at the Mu_n's Edge wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:07:40 +1100, "Annette" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, Stan after this last post for such a serious life threatening
>> health risk, he (Mu or Chung) should be renamed Dr Death.

> My last post was to introduce Stan to the 2PDiet.

Excellent, Mu! Now let's introduce Stan to the easier to follow
2FDiet! See below, Stan.

> Exactly what is it that is so onerous about the 2PDiet that would make
> you, Annette, lie and spew such hatred?
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Probably that she has to carry a scale around. See, that's where the
Two Foot Diet comes in. Just substitute "Two Feet" for "Two Pounds" in
the above link and you're on you way!

>> He doesn't care how many people he might kill with his whacko
>> theories. Please ignore him.

> No one has died on the 2PDiet and many who have taken it up, with
> great success, live normal and healthy lives.
>
> Chung, I haven't killed anyone. Have you with the 2PDiet?

Nor has the 2FDiet killed anyone.

> Annette, I know you mean well but libel, lies and misinformation hurt
> your credibility one whole hell of a lot more than either mine or
> Chung's. You come off as miscreant and counterproductive to the
> charter you so revere of alt.support.diabetes.

Whoa... harsh, Mu. Miscreant?... did you borrow Pastorio's Thesaurus?

---

Because this discussion concerns the Two Pound Diet (2PD), I am
providing the following as a Public Service:

I have developed the Two Foot Diet approach (2FD) as a replacement for
Dr. Chung's Amazing Logic Defying Two Pound Diet to avoid having to
carry a scale around.

In 2003, my wife and I watched an IMAX film about climbing the Bavarian
Alps and learned that despite their exhausting regimen, the climbers
consumed only 10 packages of wieners per week. That's less than 2 feet
of wieners per day! Since none of the climbers died from starvation, I
think it is safe to assume that 2 feet of food per day should be more
than adequate for us non-climbing folks.

So I started a little experiment with the agreeable obese friends in my
neighborhood. I gave them ordinary 6 inch rulers with instructions to
measure the length of everything substantial that passed into their
mouths. The only things exempted were water and sugar-free drinks. What
I learned was that my obese friends were consuming between 8 to 12 feet
of food per day! At the time, I was about 10 lbs. over my ideal body
weight so I decided to find out how much I was eating per day... 3
feet. I cut back to less than 2 feet and was at my proper weight in one
month.

My friends have responded similarly except they have taken longer
because of having to lose more weight. Admittedly, some of my obese
friends were especially slow to respond. They also happen to be the
ones with an unfortunate propensity for accidentally loosing their 6
inch rulers and taking weeks to buy replacements.

So here's the deal: measure all the food you eat, using it's longest
dimension, and keep the total length to less than two feet per day.
That's all there is. No scales, no counting calories or carbohydrates.
Heck, if you loose your ruler, you can even use the first joint of your
thumb to measure.

I am making this diet available as a public service and without
compensation.

If you have any questions, just see Dr. Chung's helpful FAQ and
substitute "Two Feet" for "Two Pounds" everywhere... what could be
simpler?

Sincerely,

God's Other Humble Servant

Steve

Mars at the Mu_n's Edge wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:07:40 +1100, "Annette" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Yes, Stan after this last post for such a serious life threatening
> >health risk, he (Mu or Chung) should be renamed Dr Death.

> My last post was to introduce Stan to the 2PDiet.
>
> Exactly what is it that is so onerous about the 2PDiet that would make
> you, Annette, lie and spew such hatred?
>
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp
>
> >He doesn't care how many people he might kill with his whacko
> >theories. Please ignore him.

> No one has died on the 2PDiet and many who have taken it up, with
> great success, live normal and healthy lives.
>
> Chung, I haven't killed anyone. Have you with the 2PDiet?

No.

Perhaps someone is confusing the 2PD approach with the 2 ounce diet, Mu.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist