Nifedipine and Lodoz

francispoon

Guest
I am controlling my hbp with one lodoz and one 10 mg nifedipine in the
morning and an additional 10 mg of nifedipine in the evening. While
the morning combination is quite effective, the one in the evening
administered without anything is quite ineffective. These nifedipine
tablets are made by generic firms.

Could anyone give some advice on this?

(1)Should I take another lodoz with the 10 mg nifedipine tablet in the
evening?
(2)Could I take 20 mg nifedipine and one lodoz in the morning in the
hope that this combination could last me for the whole day or 24
hours? The advice my doctor gave me is: try...try and try....

THANKS,

FP

francispoon wrote:

> I am controlling my hbp with one lodoz and one 10 mg nifedipine in the
> morning and an additional 10 mg of nifedipine in the evening. While
> the morning combination is quite effective, the one in the evening
> administered without anything is quite ineffective. These nifedipine
> tablets are made by generic firms.
>
> Could anyone give some advice on this?
>
> (1)Should I take another lodoz with the 10 mg nifedipine tablet in the
> evening?

What is lodoz?

> (2)Could I take 20 mg nifedipine and one lodoz in the morning in the
> hope that this combination could last me for the whole day or 24
> hours? The advice my doctor gave me is: try...try and try....

Would have you continue working with your doctor.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > I am controlling my hbp with one lodoz and one 10 mg nifedipine in the
> > morning and an additional 10 mg of nifedipine in the evening. While
> > the morning combination is quite effective, the one in the evening
> > administered without anything is quite ineffective. These nifedipine
> > tablets are made by generic firms.
> >
> > Could anyone give some advice on this?
> >
> > (1)Should I take another lodoz with the 10 mg nifedipine tablet in the
> > evening?

> What is lodoz?

it is a tablet composed of 6.5 of hydrochloridediazide and 5 mg of bisoprolol.

FP