or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › (organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help

post #1 of 5
Adam <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:

>Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
>the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

The first place I'd try would be the vendor in the
Ferry Building who handles organic and free-range veal.
I am unsure of their name but perhaps someone can fill
that in.

Steve
post #2 of 5

Re: (organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help

Adam <adam@no_thanks.com> wrote:

>Great info! Thanks!
>
>What days of the week is the vendor available?
>Or, is this a farmer's market type of vendor?
>And, what price range should I expect to pay?

They're open most days. This is a full-time Ferry Building
vendor, not part of the weekend farmer's market there.

The Ferry Building has a website, I suggest you google
them up.

Steve
post #3 of 5

Adam wrote:
> Great info! Thanks!
>
> What days of the week is the vendor available?

Prather Ranch Meat Company is in the Ferry Bldg, open
every day except Monday.

http://www.pratherranch.com/
Prather Ranch | Buy Certified Organic Beef On-line | Free from BSE / Mad Cow Disease
post #4 of 5

Re: (organic) calf's liver - where to buy - please help

In article <1127859462.983855.166380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"Sheldon" <PENMART01@aol.com> wrote:

> Adam wrote:
> > Where's the best place to buy (organic) calf's liver in
> > the San Francisco Bay Area? Please be specific, if possible.

> All liver is organic, how can an organ not be.
>
> Sheldon

<snorts coffee on keyboard>

Owch! ;-)
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #5 of 5

Steve Fenwick <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Prather? Oh, heck, you don't have to go to San Francisco. They hit many
>of the farmers' markets during the course of a week (e.g., they're in
>Mountain View) on Sunday). They're also in some retail stores, according
>to their website.

That may be them, or there's another one in the Ferry Building --
I think "Golden Gate Meats" or something similar.

In any case, those organic organs are not far away.

Steve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition