Hey Shaun aRe!

Cameron

Guest
Just came back from Whistler today. Okay, it was technically Sunday. Just after 2 am now. Tired as
heck, yet too buzzed to go to bed. :)

The Nokian's were great, although I did nearly wash out on loose gravel hitting some hairpins. Can't
blame that on the tires. Only a little mud, but I didn't even notice. Very solid on roots and rocks/
rock slabs.

Ugh. 400 miles + riding in one day. I'll type up a RR later today. Took a few pics of the aftermath
of my friends endo... First time I've seen a helmet split in half. I also need to refill my
firstaid kit...

Later

--
Cameron

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Just came back from Whistler today. Okay, it was technically Sunday. Just after 2 am now. Tired as
> heck, yet too buzzed to go to bed. :)

Heheheheh - great stuff!

> The Nokian's were great,

So, where's the news there? ',;~}~

> although I did nearly wash out on loose gravel hitting some hairpins. Can't blame that on
> the tires.

Indeed. Had a slight front wheel washout myself yesterday. Went to a local spot with the Spademan
and his mate, it's several runs down a pine woods, with jumps and stuff, all good fun. Well, trying
to catch ol' spadey up, I turned around this tree, off camber, hit front brake a bit, tyre washed
sideways on a root and some wet loam, which I can't blame the tyres for. What I can blame them for,
is the fact I only moved 6" sideways and recovered it ',;~}~

> Only a little mud, but I didn't even notice. Very solid on roots and rocks/ rock slabs.

I like them best on rocky ground meself.

> Ugh. 400 miles + riding in one day. I'll type up a RR later today. Took a few pics of the
> aftermath of my friends endo... First time I've seen a helmet split in half. I also need to refill
> my firstaid kit...

I'll keep my eyes open!

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

bomba says:

>> Ugh. 400 miles + riding in one day.
>
>"400 miles +"?! Is somebody telling porkies?

I read that as "400 miles of driving, plus some riding, all in one day..." My mileage varies,
however.... ;-)

Steve

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:23:59 +0000, Cameron wrote:
>
> > Ugh. 400 miles + riding in one day.
>
> "400 miles +"?! Is somebody telling porkies?

Refer to Steve for that one.

> I'll type up a RR later today. Took
> > a few pics of the aftermath of my friends endo... First time I've seen a helmet split in half. I
> > also need to refill my firstaid kit...
>
> Kick ass. Bring on the pictures.

I took only three pics. Left the digi in the car. They'll be in the RR.

--
Cameron

> bomba says:
>
> >> Ugh. 400 miles + riding in one day.
> >
> >"400 miles +"?! Is somebody telling porkies?
>
> I read that as "400 miles of driving, plus some riding, all in one day..." My mileage varies,
> however.... ;-)
>
> Steve

Congratulations! You are in the minority that figured that out. :)

--
Cameron

> "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > Just came back from Whistler today. Okay, it was technically Sunday. Just after 2 am now. Tired
> > as heck, yet too buzzed to go to bed. :)
>
> Heheheheh - great stuff!

Yeah, them once a year trips do it to ya! Plus having the new DH steed helps. Despite the sore
deltoids and erectors, and the beartrapped right calf, I'm already thinking about the next trip...

> > The Nokian's were great,
>
> So, where's the news there? ',;~}~

Umm, trusting your opinion? ;-)

Seriously, I do think I'll find some 2.3's for the trail bike. I was trying to decide between the
Gazzaloddi DH, Core, and Dual. The DH had the strongest casing, and weighs a mere 300g above the
Core. Thank the Lord that I am not a weight weenie.

How well do these tires shed peanut-butter mud? It's been a very dry summer here, but the rains are
starting to come back. The Tioga's I used to use were great on everything except wet roots and they
simply would not shed PBM. I desperately need a tire that will. My experience with the
2.6's so far make me trust them.

> > although I did nearly wash out on loose gravel hitting some hairpins. Can't blame that on the
> > tires.
>
> Indeed. Had a slight front wheel washout myself yesterday. Went to a local spot with the Spademan
> and his mate, it's several runs down a pine woods, with jumps and stuff, all good fun. Well,
> trying to catch ol' spadey up, I turned around this tree, off camber, hit front brake a bit, tyre
> washed sideways on a root and some wet loam, which I can't blame the tyres for. What I can blame
> them for, is the fact I only moved 6" sideways and recovered it ',;~}~

I had a few close calls but never went down. A quick jerk on the rear brake and I could bring the
rear into a good turning alignment.

> > Only a little mud, but I didn't even notice. Very solid on roots and rocks/ rock slabs.
>
> I like them best on rocky ground meself.

There are some funky rocks up at Blanchard. All wet and covered with mud and fir needles, I pulled
it off for the first time.

--
Cameron

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:p[email protected]...
> > > Just came back from Whistler today. Okay, it was technically Sunday. Just after 2 am now.
> > > Tired as heck, yet too buzzed to go to bed. :)
> >
> > Heheheheh - great stuff!
>
> Yeah, them once a year trips do it to ya! Plus having the new DH steed helps. Despite the sore
> deltoids and erectors, and the beartrapped right calf, I'm already thinking about the next trip...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Snowdon on Friday - haven't been on a good ride in too damned
long.. Pity 2 of our party have just dropped out - hope you're both alright with your respective
probs guys!

> > > The Nokian's were great,
> >
> > So, where's the news there? ',;~}~
>
> Umm, trusting your opinion? ;-)

Heheheh.........

> Seriously, I do think I'll find some 2.3's for the trail bike. I was
trying to
> decide between the Gazzaloddi DH, Core, and Dual. The DH had the strongest casing, and weighs a
> mere 300g above the Core. Thank the Lord that I am not a weight weenie.

Indeed..........

> How well do these tires shed peanut-butter mud? It's been a very dry summer here, but the rains
> are starting to come back. The Tioga's I used to use were great on everything except wet roots and
> they simply would not shed PBM. I desperately need a tire that will. My experience with the
> 2.6's so far make me trust them.

Well, my 2.6's did seem to pack a bit this w/e, but we did ride a lot of real sticky, wet and loamy
mud. They didn't build up with it though, and seemed to still grip great. ISTR my 2.3's being OK,
least better than the other tyres I'd used before, and for the most part, they only got used in
really nasty mud, what, this being the North of England and everything.......

> > > although I did nearly wash out on loose gravel hitting some hairpins. Can't blame that on the
> > > tires.
> >
> > Indeed. Had a slight front wheel washout myself yesterday. Went to a
local
> > spot with the Spademan and his mate, it's several runs down a pine
woods,
> > with jumps and stuff, all good fun. Well, trying to catch ol' spadey up,
> > turned around this tree, off camber, hit front brake a bit, tyre washed sideways on a root and
> > some wet loam, which I can't blame the tyres for. What I can blame them for, is the fact I only
> > moved 6" sideways and recovered it ',;~}~
>
> I had a few close calls but never went down. A quick jerk on the rear
brake
> and I could bring the rear into a good turning alignment.

Cool.

> > > Only a little mud, but I didn't even notice. Very solid on roots and rocks/ rock slabs.
> >
> > I like them best on rocky ground meself.
>
> There are some funky rocks up at Blanchard. All wet and covered with mud and fir needles, I pulled
> it off for the first time.

Good stuff.

Shaun aRe

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > bomba says:

> > >"400 miles +"?! Is somebody telling porkies?
> >
> > I read that as "400 miles of driving, plus some riding, all in one
day..."
> > My mileage varies, however.... ;-)
> >
> > Steve
>
> Congratulations! You are in the minority that figured that out. :)

Add to that minority by one will ya - plain as day to me first time I read
it.

Shaun aRe - That Bomba is just a thick southern poofter.

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:02:43 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Shaun aRe - That Bomba is just a thick southern poofter.
>
> Yeah, but I can lift 'eavy fings.

Like your **** off the couch.

Shaun aRe