Work and Halfords bike

Rich

Guest
Hi

Just received an email at work advising about a UK Government project
to get people away from cars and onto bikes (to and from work).

Basically I can get £500.00 worth of bike and accessories, and pay
around £250.00 over a 12 month period - tax breaks and all that
rubbish.

Anyone here taken them up on it? Are the £500.00 bikes actually worth
the money or do you just get a standard bike with a so called list
price of £500.00 which you can buy for £250 any way. Apartently its
all done via. Halfords.

I already have a standard £100.00 mountain bike for cross country but
am interested in a cheap upgrade.

Thanks.

Rich

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0621-1, 22/05/2006
Tested on: 22/05/2006 19:18:26

On Mon, 22 May 2006 19:18:25 +0100, Rich wrote:

> Just received an email at work advising about a UK Government project to
> get people away from cars and onto bikes (to and from work).

Several people on uk.rec.cycling have taken up this scheme, a quick
google, or asking there directly should get you answers.

Mike