or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

post #1 of 9
Hi -
I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a day.
Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk quantities? I've
googled this, and the only place I can find is FoodServiceDirect, which
sells cases at around $70, but they don't say how many packets are in a
case. Are there any other resources?
post #2 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

In article <Xns96F19038EB2EDBookWightnospamcom@216.143.170.22>,
BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com> wrote:

> Hi -
> I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a day.
> Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk quantities? I've
> googled this, and the only place I can find is FoodServiceDirect, which
> sells cases at around $70, but they don't say how many packets are in a
> case. Are there any other resources?

I hope you are talking sugar free........
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #3 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

In article <1129516255.341376.143420@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"Sheldon" <PENMART01@aol.com> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article <Xns96F19038EB2EDBookWightnospamcom@216.143.170.22>,
> > BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi -
> > > I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a day.
> > > Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk quantities? I've
> > > googled this, and the only place I can find is FoodServiceDirect, which
> > > sells cases at around $70, but they don't say how many packets are in a
> > > case. Are there any other resources?

> > I hope you are talking sugar free........

> Hmm, at that rate of consumption the sugar free may be far worse.
>
> Sheldon

Maybe... but I avoid aspartame.
When I make kool-aid, (which is rare nowadays) I use the unflavored
packet and make it with Splenda.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #4 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

In article <1129516501.135427.176610@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"Sheldon" <PENMART01@aol.com> wrote:

> BookWight wrote:
> >
> > I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a day.
> > Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk quantities? I've
> > googled this, and the only place I can find is FoodServiceDirect, which
> > sells cases at around $70, but they don't say how many packets are in a
> > case. Are there any other resources?

> Um, have you considered "When given lemons make lemonade"... what's
> your aversion to real lemons.
>
> Sheldon

Probably too much work. ;-)

I make a very nice lemonade here using those quarts of "real lemon"
lemon juice. The recipe is on the side of the bottle. 2 cups per gallon,
sweeten to taste. Dad uses raw sugar, I use Splenda.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson
post #5 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

In article <Xns96F19038EB2EDBookWightnospamcom@216.143.170.22>,
BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com> wrote:

> Hi -
> I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a day.
> Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk quantities? I've
> googled this, and the only place I can find is FoodServiceDirect, which
> sells cases at around $70, but they don't say how many packets are in a
> case. Are there any other resources?

Have you checked warehouse stores in your area such as Costo, BJ's, or
Sam's Club?
post #6 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

Wandering along the edges of rec.food.cooking, I found the following bit
of electronic flotsam written by Stan Horwitz <stan@temple.edu> in

> In article <Xns96F19038EB2EDBookWightnospamcom@216.143.170.22>,
> BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>> I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a
>> day. Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk
>> quantities? I've googled this, and the only place I can find is
>> FoodServiceDirect, which sells cases at around $70, but they don't
>> say how many packets are in a case. Are there any other resources?

> Have you checked warehouse stores in your area such as Costo, BJ's, or
> Sam's Club?

No, I haven't . . . . There are both a Costco and a Wal-Mart nearby (but
not really close) which I haven't checked because I don't go there on a
regular basis
post #7 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

I don't know for sure, but I work in a hospital and we use it as a
drink to go with medications. It comes in canisters with a tin lid that
hold about 1 lb of the powder, which makes quite a few gallons, because
you only need 2 small scoops to make a gallon. Probably
FoodServiceDirect supplies it in this way. I would guess a dozen
canisters to a case, but I don't know for sure.

This stuff is really disgusting. It is just colored water with
artificial flavor and sweetener.

Each to his own.
post #8 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

On 19 Oct 2005 21:50:46 GMT, BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com>
wrote:

>Wandering along the edges of rec.food.cooking, I found the following bit
>of electronic flotsam written by Stan Horwitz <stan@temple.edu> in
>
>> In article <Xns96F19038EB2EDBookWightnospamcom@216.143.170.22>,
>> BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi -
>>> I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a
>>> day. Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk
>>> quantities? I've googled this, and the only place I can find is
>>> FoodServiceDirect, which sells cases at around $70, but they don't
>>> say how many packets are in a case. Are there any other resources?

>> Have you checked warehouse stores in your area such as Costo, BJ's, or
>> Sam's Club?
>>

>No, I haven't . . . . There are both a Costco and a Wal-Mart nearby (but
>not really close) which I haven't checked because I don't go there on a
>regular basis

Sorry I'm a little late joining this discussion. We recently started
buying WalMart's brand of grape Kool-Aid. To me it tastes like grape
juice. Crash has come to prefer it over Mountain Dew, to which he's
been addicted several years.

At our Wal-Mart, each packet is ten cents. We just bought a whole
tray of them (144) for $14.40.

Carol
post #9 of 9

Re: Kool-Aid: bulk purchases?

On 16 Oct 2005 21:20:08 GMT, BookWight <Bookwight@publicspam.com>
wrote:

>Hi -
>I go through Kool-aid at a steady rate, about 1 packet of lemonade a day.
>Does anyone know where I could purchase Kool-Aid in bulk quantities? I've
>googled this, and the only place I can find is FoodServiceDirect, which
>sells cases at around $70, but they don't say how many packets are in a
>case. Are there any other resources?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that WalMart's Kool-Aid clone also comes in
lemonade. And tropical punch and cherry. Why they don't have orange
is beyond me.

Carol, drinking water these days
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home