REC: avocado salad

This is one of my favorite lunch dishes, as a side to some sort of
protein dish. I make it every time avocados go on sale.

1/2 head butterhead lettuce
1/2 head radicchio
2 avocados
1 TB lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion
1/2 medium tomato

Tear the lettuce and radicchio into a bowl and refriegerate until
needed.

Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit, scoop the insides into a
second bowl and mash completly. Add lemon juice and mix. Press garlic
into avocados and mix. Dice onion and tomato and mix in. Refrigerate
for several hours to let the flavors meld.

To serve, top the lettuce/radicchio mixture with the avocado mixture
(the mixture takes the place of both vegetables and salad dressing).

Makes 4 servings.

Per serving: 185 kcal, 3g protein, 15g fat, 6g carb (after subtracting
fiber)

My best recipe for avocados is...eat them plain, and when you want to
get really crazy, sprinkle them with a few peanuts. That is good eating.
:)

--
Cheri

[email protected] wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
>This is one of my favorite lunch dishes, as a side to some sort of
>protein dish. I make it every time avocados go on sale.

I like them sprinkled with Cajun seasoning.

In news:[email protected],
Cheri <gserviceatinreachdotcom> stated
| My best recipe for avocados is...eat them plain, and when you want to
| get really crazy, sprinkle them with a few peanuts. That is good
| eating. :)
|

| [email protected] wrote in message
| <[email protected]>...
|| This is one of my favorite lunch dishes, as a side to some sort of
|| protein dish. I make it every time avocados go on sale.

I haven't tried that, but it sounds good.

--
Cheri