UNI - The Unicycle Magazine launches Summer 2006!!!

mikepenton

Guest
At last, a dedicated worldwide unicycling magazine!

Uni – The Unicycle Magazine is a 68-page quarterly publication produced
by and written by unicyclists. Covering events across the globe and all
aspects of unicycling, composing an authoritative information source
for the international community.

The Summer 2006 issue of Uni will be making its debut at NAUCC and
UNICON.

The first issue includes Kris Holm interviewing Dan Heaton, saddles
group test, Roger Davies and Kris Holm riding in Taiwan and an
Exclusive interview with the father of rough terrain unicycling, George
Peck. John Long talks about his experiences in The Elevator Shaft,
while Julien Monney discusses UNICONs and Jonathan Marshall (‘Rocket’)
discusses balls. An’So Rodet gives an insight to the French Fédération
Monocycliste, Brian MacKenzie falls off and a tutorial on fitting a
brake to your unicycle.

Autumn 2006 is published in October, and will include Dan Heaton
interviewing Kris Holm, a review of the new Schwinn unicycle and an
Exclusive interview with Florian Schlumpf. Steve Colligan has ridden
down a Volcano in Peru for us and we will also have an in-depth sneak
preview of the much-anticipated KH/Schlumpf geared hub!

You can subscribe or buy single copies NOW at www.unicyclemagazine.com,
and shortly at www.unicycle.com.

When you subscribe, you will get a FREE 2007 calendar and a FREE unique
‘UNI’ 'BUFF' (http://www.buffwear.com); which will come with the Autumn
issue.

Mike Penton
Publisher
Uni – The Unicycle Magazine

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Sounds like a great (and long overdue) publication!

The price seems somewhat steep, though, at $10/issue.

On the other hand, I do realize that 68 pages is a good amount of
content and since it is a specialized magazine with a limited audience
(compared to many other less expensive magazines)... perhaps the price
isn't too bad.

I subscribe to a helicopter magazine that is printed on high quality
glossy magazine paper that has incredible photography and great
articles which is $50/year for 8 issues (about 65 pages per issue).
There probably aren't too many more copter pilots than unicyclists...
but flying a helicopter is a career for many of this magazines
subscribers, while unicyclling isn't a career for too many people...
and that may be a meaningful distinction.

Anyway, congratulations on getting the magazine going... I think it is
a great thing for our sport (hopefully it will help generate a lot more
exposure) and I wish you the best of luck! I will probably subscribe
and give it a shot.

Not to be a stickler... but doesn't quarterly mean 4 times a year?

--
HardcoreCokerRider

"You guys on your uni's are like the ******* step child that's locked
away in the basement and comes out and kicks everyone's ass"

- Ray
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

I was considering starting a magazine a while ago, and was looking at
printing costs. Knowing what it costs to print something in relatively
low volume, I would guess that they're lucky to break even @ $10.

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
> Sounds like a great (and long overdue) publication!
>
> The price seems somewhat steep, though, at $10/issue.

--
mscalisi
any other reason you can think of. This is not only a magazine about
unicycling, but a piece of unicycling history and you can have a part
in that. Go now! DO IT!

--
bugman

*-NAUCC 2006 -*

I just subscribed. I agree that we all need to do our best to support
such endeavors. Unless you're too financially strapped (and I know that
some of us are, because I've been there!), it would be nice to forego a
few trips to Starbucks each month in lieu of this.

Good luck, Mike!

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
David_Stone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3834

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:

> Not to be a stickler... but doesn't quarterly mean 4 times a year?

I too am puzzled about the number of issues included with the
subscription. Six or four? Can we get clarification on this? Possibly 2
issues in 2006 and quarterly in 2007? :confused:

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
> issues in 2006 and quarterly in 2007? :confused:

The subscription is for 6 issues and a Buff. I am guessing that you
are correct on the time frame. Just a guess, but the are likely
looking for a larger upfront commitment to fund start up expenses and
have enough revenue to keep it comming. So a nich magazine seems like
it would be tough to sell. But I will buy just about anything.

--
bugman

*-NAUCC 2006 -*

just wondering who is writing this how long have they been riding and
where do you get the info because im thinking of subscribing but thats
a lot of money for a jobless kid and btw thanks for making a uni
magazine i've been wanting one for a while

--
JUNGAUNI

><> Unicycle for Christ <><

JUNGAUNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11801

can we subscribe at any time and still get the free stuff?(im one of
those financially strapped folk) also ummmmmm..... never mind i forgot
what i was gonna say, so what about the subscribing question.

--
unijesse

They put on panda suits and then pretend they're milking a cow. It's
art. You wouldn't get it.

unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868