Video: I finally landed a doubleflip!

skate4flip

Guest
If any of you remember, I worked on these alot in April, two months ago.
I got pretty close, but could never land it. (there 2 videos in my
gallery of some attempts i had. One where i snapped a pedal in half,
and popped my tire)

Well after taking a 2 month break, I tried them yesterday for about 30
minutes. I was unsuccessful and just ended up being really sore. I
ended up trying again today, despite my soreness and finally landed it
(after about a half hour). The video is below:

'*Double Crankflip Video*'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=222220)

Edit: If i counted right, I am the 10th to get this.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 6/01/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Nice Jeff. Not all the way full but close enough;) Mine weren't full
either.

nickvb123 wrote:
> is it easier to spin the wheel forwards or backwards?

Depends on the person. I think most people flip it forward dominantly.
I know alex toms and brian lundgren learned backflips first. Alex also
got the double back way before the double front.

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
Caw89 wrote:
> Something smells... is it me? or that sewer I fell in?

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

I am not jeff (if you couldn't tell:)) but that is an onza.

--

Caw89 wrote:
> Something smells... is it me? or that sewer I fell in?

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Damn Jeff, thats great! Really nice work, I love the way as you land the
tyre springs you up. Really nice, you have spent alot of time on these
and as everyone says, you deserve it.

Mike

--
swarbrim

Add me at [email protected]

'i like things big' Amanda

'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

woo yeah, go jeff. thats so cool, im glad you finally got them :D

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
"i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
Mike (swarbrim)
" I wish i didnt have a penis..." - Mike (swarbrim)
[email protected] - add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

I'm so jealous. Great job though.

Is it easier crankflipping waith shorter cranks(like 125's)? or longer?

--
mornish

trials_uni wrote:
> Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
> thing since sliced bread!!

wow, that almost made me consider buying shorter cranks just for
learning crankflips. lol. when I crankflip, the wheel only gets half
way around, and then I land on my balls:(

--
mornish

mornish wrote:
> wow, that almost made me consider buying shorter cranks just for
> learning crankflips. lol. when I crankflip, the wheel only gets half
> way around, and then I land on my balls:(

Don't. I used to do exactly what you are doing and your problem is not
long cranks, its a really bad technique. If you had shorter cranks the
same thing would happen since you don't even know how to flip it yet.
Just work on it more.

--

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> Don't. I used to do exactly what you are doing and your problem is not
> long cranks, its a really bad technique. If you had shorter cranks the
> same thing would happen since you don't even know how to flip it yet.
> Just work on it more.

hmm is it just me, or has spencer answered every question toward me in
this thread:rolleyes: :)

Ya thanks for the comments everyone. Im really happy i finally got it
(although quite sore). I think i might wait a bit before trying more.
But when i do im going to try them on flatground.

--

skate4flip wrote:
> hmm is it just me, or has spencer answered every question toward me in
> this thread:rolleyes: :)

Heh, sorry about that:eek: I actually didn't even notice. I think I am on
here a little too much:rolleyes:

Ok, I'm done now;)

--

Caw89 wrote:
> Something smells... is it me? or that sewer I fell in?

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Longer cranks are easier.
Tao = RF
Increase the radius with the same amount of force you increase tao
(torque) will incase speed of spin. Now this is perabalic, since of
course too long of cranks will have too long of a journey to kick it
fast. But with 7inch or 5inch cranks, 7 are better.

--
unifreak7

FLIP IT... Twice

If you hit it first try, it's not hard enough.
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137