'Winery Rampage' Muni video

onetrack

Guest
Sabin and I finally found the top secret trail uphill from a winery near
Seattle. It rained the night before, so the trail was pretty soggy.
Lighting was less than ideal, but we made the best of it and still had
a blast.

The battery in Sabin’s camera died before we got to the crazy skinnies,
so maybe in a future vid.

filming and pedaling by Mike Clark, and Sabin Arditty
editing by Sabin Aridtty
sounds made by Beck Hanson

'enjoy!' (http://unicyclejester.com/sabin) hi version recomended

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

I pulled a sick trey varial hickflip over an 8 set yesterday, but
unfortunately it was supposed to be seat in to seat out. I've named it
the dioflip
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

That was a great vid!

Its hard to capture the technical and skill level for muni, specially
on the stuff you were riding, and you did a good job filming and
capturing that, I thought it was rather impressive, specially being so
wet, those logs where probably very slippery.

I want to see the skinnies too!

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)

Sweet! You found the trail.
I recognize some of it. Other bits were new. I need to go riding
there this season before the rains come. But I'll skip the ladder
bridges with gap jumps and skip the skinnies with too much consequences
for my meager skills.

That trail is one we did as a muni fun ride during UNICON 11. Only now
it has more skinnies and bridges and gap jumps and an entire new fork.
Some here may remember it.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

The trail up there were pretty gnarly. Mike is right, towards the end
after my battery died, we came to this crazy skinny section it branched
off in a ton of directions but all came back to a main. The whole stunt
was at least 5ft off the ground at all times.

Definatly a trail worth going back for.

Oh yeah, and right at the end of the ride i hit a root and flew off
into some ferns and landed in a yellow jacket's nest. That wasnt fun.
Other than that. It was a totally rightious ride!

-Sabin Arditty

--
sabin_a.

Homer - "Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could
not eat it?"
Flanders - "Well, as melon scratchers go, that's a honey doodle"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

sabin_a. wrote:
> Oh yeah, and right at the end of the ride i hit a root and flew off into
> some ferns and landed in a yellow jacket's nest. That wasnt fun. Other
> than that. It was a totally rightious ride!
>
> -Sabin Arditty

You are on your way to becoming SARS (Seattle Area RiderS) material.
It's good to see that you're trying to keep up with the lesson plan.
We had that lesson last month.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

I wish I had woods like that to ride in. I live quite close to the coast
in Florida, so theres like no hills. The closest thing to hills I get
to ride on is this one nature trail in my local state park. The woods
there used to be nothing but sand dunes, so now it's a tad bit hilly.
Still quite fun to ride, but damn those woods look awesome.

Was that a cockatoo in that cage at the beginning of the movie?

--
Monocyclist
Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114

that was a sweet movie, it made me stoked to go ride muni, a classic
sign that a movie has done it's purpose:)

--
Radical Reed

"I'm sorta like a super hero, exsept I don't have any powers or
motivation"
'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'LBS' (http://www.mbps.ca/)

kapoute wrote:
> bike always broke... it's gay
> Since you live in Ontario... it's ok that it's gay

Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

sweet dude.
i wish we had trails like that in arizona.....
and that is some really dirty dirt.:p
it almost looks like one of those trails was made for unicycling...

--
manon1wheel

Amgallacher: hi, im amanda, im skinny and i ride a unicycle, wanna go
out sometime?
need some new gear? Go to '661' (www.sixsixone.com) for some of the
best gear around!
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Yep,

that's a keeper. Very very very nice riding, gentlemen! Gawd that
looked like fun!!

I envy your abilities.

cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Probailer2 wrote:
> Cool muni vid guys.
> Love to ride there to.
> But Mike,what did fall out of your Camelback at the end?
>
> PM

That was a small pump. If you listen you can hear mike say: 'what was
that?' and i said 'i dont know'

-Sabin

--
sabin_a.

Homer - "Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could
not eat it?"
Flanders - "Well, as melon scratchers go, that's a honey doodle"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

thanks everyone for the kind words!

Jerrick wrote:
> Its hard to capture the technical and skill level for muni, specially on
> the stuff you were riding, and you did a good job filming and capturing
> that, I thought it was rather impressive, specially being so wet, those
> logs where probably very slippery.

No matter how you film muni or natural trials for that matter, the true
steepness, height/shape of obstacles never seems to come through. I
just focused on riding fast, and hoping for the best. Fast muni is more
fun anyway. I was pleased with how it ended up.

smcmorrow wrote:
> I liked the long runs, I don't see thst in too many other videos.

Thanks! That is a big asset to muni vids, you can have a shot run for
20 sec before cutting without it getting boring. As opposed to street
vids which seem to run shots for about 5 sec.

Probailer2 wrote:
> But Mike,what did fall out of your Camelback at the end?

My tire pump