or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bike frame size....how big for you?

post #1 of 7
Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.

Just curious.

Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.
post #2 of 7

"ac29593" <usenet-forum@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message news:3f109304$1_2@news.chariot.net.au...
> Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
>

> Just curious.

Why? There is no direct relationship between rider height and optimal frame size.

RichC
post #3 of 7

Re: Bike frame size....how big for you?

ac29593 wrote:
> Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
>

> Just curious.
>

> Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

5'10" Bikes, One 54cm and the other 58cm, ctr to top.

I think 52cm would be a bit too small for me unless it's a "compact" frame.
post #4 of 7

Re: Bike frame size....how big for you?

"ac29593" wrote
> Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
>

> Just curious.
>

> Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

5'9", inner leg length 86 cm, road frame 58 cm c-c, ATB frame 50 cm c-c
--
mark
post #5 of 7

Re: Bike frame size....how big for you?

Thanks for the response guys.

The reason I was asking is because I bought my first road bike the other day, and wanted to make sure it was the right size.

The people at the shop told me it was a good size for me, but they could have just wanted to sell me the thing....never know.

Anyway, I tested the same model in the 54 cm and 56 cm version and this one seemed most comfortable to me, that is why I bought it.

It just seems a bit small in theory, because I am of avg. height and the bike is one of the smallest ones they make. The only other option smaller I had was a 50 cm.

The bike is a Felt Racing F65 model.

I love how it rides, but just wanted to make sure I got the correct size. I seem very comfortable, but like I said, this is my first bike, and I might not be in the proper position and I dont know what to compare this to.

When I was watching the Tour on TV the other day, I noticed a lot of people had very high seat posts, and some didnt. I guess that means that the frame size doesnt matter and you have to buy whatever feels comfortable to you.

My legs are almost at lockout when they are fully extended, I have to get on my tip-toes to sit on the bike, but when I straddle the bike I have plenty of room. The smaller frame seems much more easy to handle and I feel safer on it when hitting high speeds.

I just wanted some of the opinions from you guys at any rate, just to see if I was the only one that feels the smaller frame size is more comfortable.

I have already taken the bike on rides of 25 miles, and I had no pains or muscle aches and felt great the whole time. The bike doesnt rock when I am peddling....it stays perfectly straight.

Just pretty hyped up right now because I finally made the purchase, and love it.

Thanks again.

Any more opinions would be great to hear.
post #6 of 7

Re: Bike frame size....how big for you?

> Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

I'm 5'7", with a 30" inseam and also ride a 52 cm frame (Cannondale). I debated between the 52 cm
and a 50 cm frame, but the 50 cm was just a little bit too small.

Brian
post #7 of 7

Re: Bike frame size....how big for you?

"ac29593" <usenet-forum@cyclingforums.com> wrote in message news:3f109304$1_2@news.chariot.net.au...
> Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.

6'10" (210 cm), 27" (68 cm)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Road Cycling