NEW VIDEO: OC Muni Kids 9.10.06

MuniAddict

Guest
This was SO fun! The first short part of this vid shows me & Perry
braving the rediculously technical "Devil's slide" on 9/9/06, then the
day after (last Sunday) we once again met up with the kids from the OC
uni club for a muni adventure on the "Rockit" trail in Aliso Woods in
Laguna Niguel, CA.

What a blast! In one of the WORST "looking" UPD's yet, (somewhere in
the early second part of the vid) young Deano takes a pretty nasty
spill, and....well let's just say THANK GOD he was wearing a helmet!!!!

We all had a fantastic time and the reporter who interviewed us earlier
that afternoon says the article will be out next Tuedsay! Since it's a
local paper (the Orange County Register), I will be posting a link to
the online version for those out of the area. Love to hear your
comments, here's two links:

* youtube: *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mf_ZsfXn30

* Gallery:* http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=284514

--
MuniAddict

> A bold, cathartic diatribe ensued for great, humorous increments,
> jovial kernels launched mindfully, numbing old people quickly,
> rendering silver titanium UNICYCLES victorious, with X-mas young
> zest!:D

gallery downloadyness:

http://tinyurl.com/fxxh7

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NOW ON SALE: ONE WHEEL ALL REAL SHIRTS!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)

one wheely wrote:
> everythings extreme if you try hard enough

PANIC BUTTON-->':EEK: '
(HTTP://WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/ABBABIBBLE/MRTSB.HTML)

carsonpalooza wrote:

> it's not over until the cake is all gone.

abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

thanks for the downloadyness, 'bibble, but you gotta start including the
file extension, as firefox doesn't put in the correct extension when
saving... :D

EDIT: in this case, it's wmv...

--
onelesscar

mmm...i love my qu-ax...and now my kh 20...

"Clubbing isn't just for seals anymore..." (On a local dance music
radio station)
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

haha...a great video, but not very long :(

apparently the unicycle frame water bottle worked so well for deano
last time, his mom set it up for him again! :rolleyes: but seriously,
one of these days he's gonna break that lx of his...

I wanna do rockit this weekend! I haven't muniied in AGES!! And I
finally got together a backpack for my muni so I can ride my street
bike the 10 or so miles there with my muni in tow! I'll have pics (and
a thread) later on it.

--

onelesscar wrote:
> haha...a great video, but not very long :(
>
> apparently the unicycle frame water bottle worked so well for deano
> last time, his mom set it up for him again! :rolleyes: but seriously,
> one of these days he's gonna break that lx of his...
>
> I wanna do rockit this weekend! I haven't muniied in AGES!! And I
> finally got together a backpack for my muni so I can ride my street
> bike the 10 or so miles there with my muni in tow! I'll have pics (and
> a thread) later on it.

Not very long? It was nearly FIVE minutes! But then, time flies when
your havin' fun!:D

--
MuniAddict

> A bold, cathartic diatribe ensued for great, humorous increments,
> jovial kernels launched mindfully, numbing old people quickly,
> rendering silver titanium UNICYCLES victorious, with X-mas young
> zest!:D

Once again Terry, great time, great vid!!
For all you helmet nay-sayers, check out Deano's UPD. He actually
cracked a rock with his helmet, if he hadn't been wearing one, he might
have cracked the whole mountain!!

--
jrdugueod

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"
jrdugueod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12054

leadpan wrote:
> Cool video guys!
> Wish I was there to join ya all.
> By the way, are those mostly 24" or 26" uni?
> :)

No 26's, and all the "Grups" (grown-ups) ride 24's. The kids mostly
were on 20's.:D Getting my replacement KH 24" rim tomorrow! Also a Gazz
tire for the first time! My LBS is going to take the new rim and
rebuild the wheel with new 14g black spokes. Can't wait!!!! Woot!:D

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> No 26's, and all the "Grups" (grown-ups) ride 24's. The kids mostly were
> on 20's.:D Getting my replacement KH 24" rim tomorrow! Also a Gazz tire
> for the first time! My LBS is going to take the new rim and rebuild the
> wheel with new 14g black spokes. Can't wait!!!! Woot!:D

oohhh...I just got a truing stand...I could build your wheel! :p

I'll bet you wouldn't trust my inexperience, though. My first
wheelbuild's gonna be on my streetbike, that thing's popping spokes
like a addict pops pills.

sorry, bad comparison. :eek:

--

onelesscar wrote:
> oohhh...I just got a truing stand...I could build your wheel! :p
>
> I'll bet you wouldn't trust my inexperience, though. My first
> wheelbuild's gonna be on my streetbike, that thing's popping spokes
> like a addict pops pills.
>
> sorry, bad comparison. :eek:

Sure I'd trust your skills! But I need it finished by the end of today
so I can ride at Devil's slide tomorrow!:D (With my new gazz!)

--

onelesscar wrote:
> we'll need a ride report on that gazz! and don't bottom out! :)

We'll do! This time though I'll have a tad more air in the tire...like
18 lbs instead of 14. (So much for the "-1 psi for every 10 pounds of
body weight-!" concept!) I'm picking up my KH wheel set saturday
morning-just in time to "test" it out at Devil's Slide- then it's back
to Top of The world on Sunday! Tons of ridin' fun this weekend!

I've finally reserved our hotel smack dab in Truckee for three nights,
Thurs-Sat and I'm boarding "Morty", my cat, at 8am thurs. morn, then we
hit the road for the 500 mile trek to CMW! Weeeee!

After the ride Friday, me & Perry are gonna find a theatre in town and
see "Jackass, Number Two!" so if anybody wants to join us for a laugh
riot, let me know!:D:cool::):p

--

Unimonsterguy wrote:
> i remember from previous vids from you, deano pwns!

Deano does own, but after that fall he was decidedly less "adventurous"
for the rest of the ride! Understandable! But he rocks!:D