Re: Helmet Nazis at It Again!

Edward Dolan

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 20 Sep 2006 10:23:42 -0700, "gds" <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
> They have a lot invested in their helmet wearing - the cost of the
> thing (up to $180, it has been reported), their time defending their
> choices, their actions in legislating the use of cycle helmets, and so
> on. It's only natural, when confronted with facts that show they don't
> really need a magic foam hat, that they will wriggle and turn,
> resorting to insult and innumeracy, and attempt to deny and distort
> that which shows their error.

What an idiot! I can get a perfectly good helmet at Wal-Mart for less than
$10.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:13:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 20 Sep 2006 10:23:42 -0700, "gds" <[email protected]> wrote:

>[...]
>> They have a lot invested in their helmet wearing - the cost of the
>> thing (up to $180, it has been reported), their time defending their
>> choices, their actions in legislating the use of cycle helmets, and so
>> on. It's only natural, when confronted with facts that show they don't
>> really need a magic foam hat, that they will wriggle and turn,
>> resorting to insult and innumeracy, and attempt to deny and distort
>> that which shows their error.

>What an idiot! I can get a perfectly good helmet at Wal-Mart for less than
>$10.

I assure you, that in this case, "perfectly good" is indeed as good as
the $180 helmet - that is, no good at all for the population. If you
wear a helmet, then by inference (and by statement, in certain
jurisdiction) you are supporting the state in preventing me from
exercising judgement and choice.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:13:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> On 20 Sep 2006 10:23:42 -0700, "gds" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>[...]
>>> They have a lot invested in their helmet wearing - the cost of the
>>> thing (up to $180, it has been reported), their time defending their
>>> choices, their actions in legislating the use of cycle helmets, and so
>>> on. It's only natural, when confronted with facts that show they don't
>>> really need a magic foam hat, that they will wriggle and turn,
>>> resorting to insult and innumeracy, and attempt to deny and distort
>>> that which shows their error.

>>What an idiot! I can get a perfectly good helmet at Wal-Mart for less than
>>$10.
>>

> I assure you, that in this case, "perfectly good" is indeed as good as
> the $180 helmet - that is, no good at all for the population. If you
> wear a helmet, then by inference (and by statement, in certain
> jurisdiction) you are supporting the state in preventing me from
> exercising judgement and choice.

But why blather on about $180. helmets when they are now so cheap?

However, I do remember not too long ago when helmets were indeed quite
expensive. I once spent $60. for a helmet and was not at all happy about it,
but that was the cheapest helmet you could get at the time. Bell pretty much
ruled the roost back then. Thank God for Japan!

The fact is that when I go cycling I have to wear something on my head for
various reasons. Therefore, a helmet makes as much sense as anything else I
could put on my head. An awful of folks do not like helmets because they
think it messes up their hair. I mean, just how absurd can you get?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:13:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

> nonsense, as usual.
>
>>> <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> I assure you

> <snip>
>
> I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
> Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...
>
> Pete.
>
> Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
> Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
> Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
> net [email protected] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Poor Peter would not know a troll if it jumped up and bit him in the ass.
But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull. Anyone in the
universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:
>> I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
>> Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...

> Well, don't bloody do it then! Damn, now I've done it. Look what you made
> me do.

Yea, the Great Ed Dolan is unavoidable even in the UK, the land of the
permanently small minded. I refuse to ever refer to Britain again as Great
since you have lost all of your Greatness. Let's face it, only Ed Dolan is
Great!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:11:23 -0500 someone who may be "Edward Dolan"
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull.

Excellent, a personal attack. The resort of those with no better
arguments.

>Anyone in the universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

Yes.

Do you know what Medical Physics is? If not, consult a search
engine.

Do you know what an IT Officer does? If not work it out.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

"David Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:11:23 -0500 someone who may be "Edward Dolan"
> <[email protected]> wrote this:-
>
>>But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull.

> Excellent, a personal attack. The resort of those with no better
> arguments.

What kind of an idiot are you anyway? Here are the relevant passages that I
was responding to and which you so conveniently did not include in your
message:

> nonsense, as usual.

> I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
> Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...

Why did you not include the above passages in your post?

One personal attack deserves another! Everything is *** for tat with me.

>>Anyone in the universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

> Yes.
>
> Do you know what Medical Physics is? If not, consult a search
> engine.
>
> Do you know what an IT Officer does? If not work it out.

I refuse ever to look up this asshole's profession. He can either tell me or
he can go to hell. I think he is the janitor who sweeps up at night after
everyone else has gone home. That is the only physics involved - moving the
old broom handle.

But what do you think of his signature, is it OK with you? Notice that no
one else in the universe has an asinine signature like his, not even you.
Others should strive for a modest, yet complete, signature like mine.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:30:33 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>

>The fact is that when I go cycling I have to wear something on my head for
>various reasons.

Have you tried aluminum foil?

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:13:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> >> wrote:

> > nonsense, as usual.

> >> I assure you

> > <snip>
> >
> > I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
> > Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...
> >
> > Pete.
> >
> > Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
> > Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
> > Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
> > net [email protected] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

> Poor Peter would not know a troll if it jumped up and bit him in the ass.
> But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull. Anyone in the
> universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

So then, why not just bight him in the ass and then he'll know. I
guess I am just going to have to post a treatise on what a troll is so
that even you will recognize yourself for what and who you are ...
nothing personal you understand.

Are you actually admitting that you really don't know everything that
there is to know in the know universe???

Medical Physics is a branch of applied physics that uses concepts and
methods of physics to help diagnose and treat human disease and
generally concerns physics as applied to medical imaging and
radiotherapy.

An IT Officer is an officer (in whatever capacity) who is a computer
professional in an Information Technology department which uses
computer technology (hardware and software) to manage and processing
data, especially in large organizations.

Please to be able to furthe you education. See you can teach an OLD
dog new tricks.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "David Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:11:23 -0500 someone who may be "Edward Dolan"
> > <[email protected]> wrote this:-
> >
> >>But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull.

> > Excellent, a personal attack. The resort of those with no better
> > arguments.

> What kind of an idiot are you anyway? Here are the relevant passages that I
> was responding to and which you so conveniently did not include in your
> message:
>
> > nonsense, as usual.

> > I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
> > Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...

> Why did you not include the above passages in your post?
>
> One personal attack deserves another! Everything is *** for tat with me.
>
> >>Anyone in the universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

> > Yes.
> >
> > Do you know what Medical Physics is? If not, consult a search
> > engine.
> >
> > Do you know what an IT Officer does? If not work it out.

> I refuse ever to look up this asshole's profession. He can either tell me or
> he can go to hell. I think he is the janitor who sweeps up at night after
> everyone else has gone home. That is the only physics involved - moving the
> old broom handle.

Because you know nothing of the man's profession and are too lazy to
educate yourself, you resort to labeling the man an asshole??? You're
the one coming off an asshole here. Countless times you have gone on
record to indicate that you don't use vulgarity unless somone else does
first ... you do not call names unless some else does first ... you
just respond *** for tat. So much for your credibility. You can't
even live up to your own avowed standards and yet you refer to yourself
yourself as great??? You're a joke!!!

Jim McNamara

> But what do you think of his signature, is it OK with you? Notice that no
> one else in the universe has an asinine signature like his, not even you.
> Others should strive for a modest, yet complete, signature like mine.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

My favorite Helmet Nazis are the one's wearing their own helmet like a
yarmulke.

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "David Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Excellent, a personal attack. The resort of those with no better
>> > arguments.

>> What kind of an idiot are you anyway? Here are the relevant passages that
>> was responding to and which you so conveniently did not include in your
>> message:
>>
>> > nonsense, as usual.

>> > I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
>> > Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...

>> Why did you not include the above passages in your post?
>>
>> One personal attack deserves another! Everything is *** for tat with me.

>> > Yes.
>> >
>> > Do you know what Medical Physics is? If not, consult a search
>> > engine.
>> >
>> > Do you know what an IT Officer does? If not work it out.

>> I refuse ever to look up this asshole's profession. He can either tell me
>> or
>> he can go to hell. I think he is the janitor who sweeps up at night after
>> everyone else has gone home. That is the only physics involved - moving
>> the
>> old broom handle.

> Because you know nothing of the man's profession and are too lazy to
> educate yourself, you resort to labeling the man an asshole??? You're
> the one coming off an asshole here. Countless times you have gone on
> record to indicate that you don't use vulgarity unless somone else does
> first ... you do not call names unless some else does first ... you
> just respond *** for tat. So much for your credibility. You can't
> even live up to your own avowed standards and yet you refer to yourself
> yourself as great??? You're a joke!!!

To refer to someone like Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland as an asshole is
merely descriptive and quite factual. He is the vulgarian for posting all
that **** about his profession in his signature.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

>> But what do you think of his signature, is it OK with you? Notice that no
>> one else in the universe has an asinine signature like his, not even you.
>> Others should strive for a modest, yet complete, signature like mine.

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > nonsense, as usual.

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > I assure you there is no point in following up from Ed Dolan's posts.
>> > Especially if you're going to go on about not feeding trolls...
>> >
>> > Pete.
>> >
>> > Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
>> > Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
>> > Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
>> > net [email protected] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

>> Poor Peter would not know a troll if it jumped up and bit him in the ass.
>> But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull. Anyone in
>> the
>> universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

> So then, why not just bight [bite] him in the ass and then he'll know. I
> guess I am just going to have to post a treatise on what a troll is so
> that even you will recognize yourself for what and who you are ...
> nothing personal you understand.
>
> Are you actually admitting that you really don't know everything that
> there is to know in the know [known] universe???
>
> Medical Physics is a branch of applied physics that uses concepts and
> methods of physics to help diagnose and treat human disease and
> generally concerns physics as applied to medical imaging and
> radiotherapy.
>
> An IT Officer is an officer (in whatever capacity) who is a computer
> professional in an Information Technology department which uses
> computer technology (hardware and software) to manage and processing
> data, especially in large organizations.

I needed Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland to tell me all that, not you.
After all, it is he who is boasting publicly of his confounded profession.
No one else does what he does on these newsgroups.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "David Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> I refuse ever to look up this asshole's profession. He can either tell me
> >> or
> >> he can go to hell. I think he is the janitor who sweeps up at night after
> >> everyone else has gone home. That is the only physics involved - moving
> >> the
> >> old broom handle.

> > Because you know nothing of the man's profession and are too lazy to
> > educate yourself, you resort to labeling the man an asshole??? You're
> > the one coming off an asshole here. Countless times you have gone on
> > record to indicate that you don't use vulgarity unless somone else does
> > first ... you do not call names unless some else does first ... you
> > just respond *** for tat. So much for your credibility. You can't
> > even live up to your own avowed standards and yet you refer to yourself
> > yourself as great??? You're a joke!!!

> To refer to someone like Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland as an asshole is
> merely descriptive and quite factual. He is the vulgarian for posting all
> that **** about his profession in his signature.

Vulgarian. Peter's signature has nothing to do with a display of
wealth and your reply did not address the issue that you conspiciously
violated your own *** for tat avowed standard.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Poor Peter would not know a troll if it jumped up and bit him in the ass.
> >> But just look at his signature to get a line on this numskull. Anyone in
> >> the
> >> universe know what a Medical Physics IT Officer is?

> > So then, why not just bight [bite] him in the ass and then he'll know. I
> > guess I am just going to have to post a treatise on what a troll is so
> > that even you will recognize yourself for what and who you are ...
> > nothing personal you understand.
> >
> > Are you actually admitting that you really don't know everything that
> > there is to know in the know [known] universe???
> >
> > Medical Physics is a branch of applied physics that uses concepts and
> > methods of physics to help diagnose and treat human disease and
> > generally concerns physics as applied to medical imaging and
> > radiotherapy.
> >
> > An IT Officer is an officer (in whatever capacity) who is a computer
> > professional in an Information Technology department which uses
> > computer technology (hardware and software) to manage and processing
> > data, especially in large organizations.

> I needed Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland to tell me all that, not you.
> After all, it is he who is boasting publicly of his confounded profession.
> No one else does what he does on these newsgroups.

I'll take that as a thank you since Peter didn't step forward. A
signature should not be misconstrued as boasting. His profession is
what it is ... nothing more and nothing less regardless of what kind of
spin you vainly attempt to pu on it. No one else does what Peter does
on these newsgroups??? Have you not seen Ed Dolan's signature???.

> > Please [Pleased] to be able to furthe [further] you [your] education. See
> > [,] you can teach an OLD
> > dog new tricks.

Thanks for correcting my typos ... Jim McNamara

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
>> To refer to someone like Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland as an asshole
>> is
>> merely descriptive and quite factual. He is the vulgarian for posting all
>> that **** about his profession in his signature.

> Vulgarian. Peter's signature has nothing to do with a display of
> wealth and your reply did not address the issue that you conspiciously
> violated your own *** for tat avowed standard.

Peter's signature has everything to do with a vulgar display of ego. Why
can't he be humble like ME!

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous-
Almost, at times, the Fool.

T.S.Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Edward Dolan wrote:

>> I needed Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland to tell me all that, not you.
>> After all, it is he who is boasting publicly of his confounded
>> profession.
>> No one else does what he does on these newsgroups.

> I'll take that as a thank you since Peter didn't step forward. A
> signature should not be misconstrued as boasting. His profession is
> what it is ... nothing more and nothing less regardless of what kind of
> spin you vainly attempt to pu on it. No one else does what Peter does
> on these newsgroups??? Have you not seen Ed Dolan's signature???.

There is a time and place for announcing what it is that you do, but unless
someone asks, you have no business announcing yourself in terms of your
profession. Just how shameless is it possible to get?

My signature is a sterling example of how everyone should identify
themselves - full name, where you are from and a characteristic peculiar to
you. Only I am Great and a Great Saint, so I will take it very bad indeed if
anyone else encroaches on my unique identification.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Edward Dolan wrote:

> [...]
> >> To refer to someone like Peter Clinch of Dundee, Scotland as an asshole
> >> is
> >> merely descriptive and quite factual. He is the vulgarian for posting all
> >> that **** about his profession in his signature.

> > Vulgarian. Peter's signature has nothing to do with a display of
> > wealth and your reply did not address the issue that you conspiciously
> > violated your own *** for tat avowed standard.

> Peter's signature has everything to do with a vulgar display of ego. Why
> can't he be humble like ME!

There is a difference between vulgarian and vulgarity. Look 'em up,
Cnan the Librarian. What would you have the man do, change his
occupation to please you??? Yours is a errant interpretation ...
stubborn and unfouded opinion, Saint Edward the Great - Order of the
Perpetual Sorrows who has not a humble body in his fat, decrepit body.

Jim McNamara

> No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
> Am an attendant lord, one that will do
> To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
> Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
> Deferential, glad to be of use,
> Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
> Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
> At times, indeed, almost ridiculous-
> Almost, at times, the Fool.
>
> T.S.Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > Edward Dolan wrote:

>> [...]
>> >
>> > Vulgarian. Peter's signature has nothing to do with a display of
>> > wealth and your reply did not address the issue that you conspiciously
>> > violated your own *** for tat avowed standard.

>> Peter's signature has everything to do with a vulgar display of ego. Why
>> can't he be humble like ME!

> There is a difference between vulgarian and vulgarity. Look 'em up,
> Cnan the Librarian.

They are the same. You are probably thinking of Bulgarian.

What would you have the man do, change his
> occupation to please you??? Yours is a errant interpretation ...
> stubborn and unfouded opinion, Saint Edward the Great - Order of the
> Perpetual Sorrows who has not a humble body in his fat, decrepit body.

I don't give damn what anyone's occupation is, at least not for purposes of
Usenet. So why is he telling us what it is with his every post. He does it
because he is an asshole. Case closed!