Book?

John wrote:
> I just bought an older used Trek mountainbike. It is in decent shape but
> needs some work. My intentions are to do a pretty complete
> teardown...cleaning and re-assemble of the bike. I will replace/upgrade
> things that need it. I am using this bike sort of as a guinea pig so I can
> learn how to adjust and fix things. Sort of a project. Can anyone recommend
> a good book or repair manual that goes through everything in easy to
> understand language?
> Thanks,
> John

parktool.com does a great job with repair help. Just print out the
article ya need and take it to the garage.

http://parktool.com/repair/

If you don't have a bunch of tools already, those basic tool kits from
nashbar or performance are a real affordable way to get the basics.
Their rolled kit is on sale for $60 right now: http://tinyurl.com/psngj

John wrote:
> I just bought an older used Trek mountainbike. It is in decent shape but
> needs some work. My intentions are to do a pretty complete
> teardown...cleaning and re-assemble of the bike. I will replace/upgrade
> things that need it. I am using this bike sort of as a guinea pig so I can
> learn how to adjust and fix things. Sort of a project. Can anyone recommend
> a good book or repair manual that goes through everything in easy to
> understand language?

There is also good information here:
<http://www.sheldonbrown.com/articles.html>. [1]

[1] Flame away, Ozark Bicycle.