WADA + INTERPOL = ****ed Cheats

"Cyclonaught" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> About time.
> http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/10988.0.html

Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport when
we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.

"Doping in sport is not only a crime in the conventional sense of the word,
but it is also morally dishonest and harmful at so many levels. From the
trainer who convinces a young, impressionable athlete that taking drugs is
the only way to win, to record breaking performances which are now
questioned by the general public," said Secretary General Noble.

It's not even a crime in a lot of places plus since when is it WADA's job to
push morals on us as well? I don't disagree that we need to do what we can
to stop dopers but bringing agencies like this into when there resource are
better spent elsewhere is, in my mind, a waste.

Fred Pan

In article <[email protected]>,
"Fred Pan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Cyclonaught" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > About time.
> > http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/10988.0.html
> >

> Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport when
> we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.
>
> "Doping in sport is not only a crime in the conventional sense of the word,
> but it is also morally dishonest and harmful at so many levels. From the
> trainer who convinces a young, impressionable athlete that taking drugs is
> the only way to win, to record breaking performances which are now
> questioned by the general public," said Secretary General Noble.
>
> It's not even a crime in a lot of places plus since when is it WADA's job to
> push morals on us as well? I don't disagree that we need to do what we can
> to stop dopers but bringing agencies like this into when there resource are
> better spent elsewhere is, in my mind, a waste.

Sports dopers do not shoot back. I am surprised I have to explain this.

--
Michael Press

Face it. This is the way law enforcement is evolving everywhere. Only go
after the safe crook. Real justice is dead, hell, maybe it never existed.

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Fred Pan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Cyclonaught" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > About time.
>> > http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/10988.0.html
>> >

>> Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport
>> when
>> we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.
>>
>> "Doping in sport is not only a crime in the conventional sense of the
>> word,
>> but it is also morally dishonest and harmful at so many levels. From the
>> trainer who convinces a young, impressionable athlete that taking drugs
>> is
>> the only way to win, to record breaking performances which are now
>> questioned by the general public," said Secretary General Noble.
>>
>> It's not even a crime in a lot of places plus since when is it WADA's job
>> push morals on us as well? I don't disagree that we need to do what we
>> can
>> to stop dopers but bringing agencies like this into when there resource
>> are
>> better spent elsewhere is, in my mind, a waste.

> Sports dopers do not shoot back. I am surprised I have to explain this.
>
> --
> Michael Press

in message <[email protected]>, Fred Pan ('[email protected]')
wrote:

> "Cyclonaught" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> About time.
>> http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/10988.0.html

> Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport
> when we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.

Oh, do get a grip. Motorists in the UK alone kill more people every single
year than Al Quaeda have ever killed, world wide, in any year. 'Global
terrorism' is an insignificant problem when compared to road deaths,
alcoholism, drug addiction, preventable disease.

2,726 people died in the collapse of the World Trade Center. That's
equivalent to twenty-three days worth of US road kill; twelve days worth
of US deaths from alcohol; just over a month of US deaths from shootings;
slightly less than three days worth of US deaths from smoking tobacco.

Twice as many people die in the US every year of aspirin overdoses[1] as
died in the World Trade Center.

[1] Not strictly just aspirin. Each year, use of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal
Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) accounts for an estimated 7,600 deaths and 76,000
hospitalizations in the United States. (NSAIDs include aspirin, ibuprofen,
naproxen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, and tiaprofenic acid.)

Due to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel
has been switched off.

Ken wrote:

> Face it. This is the way law enforcement is evolving everywhere. Only go
> after the safe crook. Real justice is dead, hell, maybe it never existed.

Its much easier (and cheaper) to go after some defenceless (and skinny)
cyclist, than it is to go after drug lords in Colombia (happy Ewoud ?) or
those guys with the long beards, both who might shoot back.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Colombia (happy Ewoud ?)

I am.

--
E. Dronkert

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Oh, do get a grip. Motorists in the UK alone kill more people every single
> year than Al Quaeda have ever killed, world wide, in any year. 'Global
> terrorism' is an insignificant problem when compared to road deaths,
> alcoholism, drug addiction, preventable disease.
>
> 2,726 people died in the collapse of the World Trade Center. That's
> equivalent to twenty-three days worth of US road kill; twelve days worth
> of US deaths from alcohol; just over a month of US deaths from shootings;
> slightly less than three days worth of US deaths from smoking tobacco.
>
> Twice as many people die in the US every year of aspirin overdoses[1] as
> died in the World Trade Center.

How many die from doping for sports?

What's the headline per death comparison (so to speak), sports doping
v. aspirin?

Speaking of getting a grip: http://www.question911.com/ --D-y

In article
<[email protected]>,
Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

> in message <[email protected]>, Fred Pan ('[email protected]')
> wrote:
>
> > "Cyclonaught" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> About time.
> >> http://www.velonews.com/pr/prn/articles/10988.0.html

> > Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport
> > when we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.

> Oh, do get a grip. Motorists in the UK alone kill more people every single
> year than Al Quaeda have ever killed, world wide, in any year. 'Global
> terrorism' is an insignificant problem when compared to road deaths,
> alcoholism, drug addiction, preventable disease.
>
> 2,726 people died in the collapse of the World Trade Center. That's
> equivalent to twenty-three days worth of US road kill; twelve days worth
> of US deaths from alcohol; just over a month of US deaths from shootings;
> slightly less than three days worth of US deaths from smoking tobacco.
>
> Twice as many people die in the US every year of aspirin overdoses[1] as
> died in the World Trade Center.
>
> [1] Not strictly just aspirin. Each year, use of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal
> Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) accounts for an estimated 7,600 deaths and 76,000
> hospitalizations in the United States. (NSAIDs include aspirin, ibuprofen,
> naproxen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, and tiaprofenic acid.)

That is not the point. How many _police_ were run down and
killed by motorists? What is the risk to Interpol agents
prosecuting sports dopers, compared to prosecuting drug
purveyors, or armed gangs?

--
Michael Press

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> in message <[email protected]>, Fred Pan
>> ('[email protected]')
>> wrote:
>>
>> > "Cyclonaught" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport
>> > when we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.

>> Oh, do get a grip. Motorists in the UK alone kill more people every
>> single
>> year than Al Quaeda have ever killed, world wide, in any year. 'Global
>> terrorism' is an insignificant problem when compared to road deaths,
>> alcoholism, drug addiction, preventable disease.
>>
>> 2,726 people died in the collapse of the World Trade Center. That's
>> equivalent to twenty-three days worth of US road kill; twelve days worth
>> of US deaths from alcohol; just over a month of US deaths from shootings;
>> slightly less than three days worth of US deaths from smoking tobacco.
>>
>> Twice as many people die in the US every year of aspirin overdoses[1] as
>> died in the World Trade Center.
>>
>> [1] Not strictly just aspirin. Each year, use of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal
>> Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) accounts for an estimated 7,600 deaths and
>> 76,000
>> hospitalizations in the United States. (NSAIDs include aspirin,
>> ibuprofen,
>> naproxen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, and tiaprofenic acid.)

> That is not the point. How many _police_ were run down and
> killed by motorists? What is the risk to Interpol agents
> prosecuting sports dopers, compared to prosecuting drug
> purveyors, or armed gangs?
>
> --
> Michael Press

What has, in part, gotten the attention of INTERPOL and other police
agencies is he reality that these drug operations have become large,
multi-national and are of the sophistication that organized crime might well
be involved in the cross-border drug/bodily fluids trade. The involvement in
Germany of agents for the good Spanish doctor Fuentes, has, from what I've
read in the German press, piqued the interest of their federal prosecutors.
It could also be that there is an involvement of significant numbers of
football players which, if organized crime is involved with doping, could
lead to the fixing of matches--as in Italy. Lastly, there is nothing in the
VeloNews article to suggest that INTERPOL is being asked to focus on
cycling, other than that the WADA/INTERPOL meeting was noted in the cycling
press.

Michael Press wrote:
> Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Fred Pan ('[email protected]') wrote:
> > >
> > > Just what we need, law enforcement agencies looking at dopers in sport
> > > when we have terrorists trying to blow us up all over the globe.

> > Oh, do get a grip. Motorists in the UK alone kill more people every single
> > year than Al Quaeda have ever killed, world wide, in any year. 'Global
> > terrorism' is an insignificant problem when compared to road deaths,
> > alcoholism, drug addiction, preventable disease.

> That is not the point. How many _police_ were run down and
> killed by motorists? What is the risk to Interpol agents
> prosecuting sports dopers, compared to prosecuting drug
> purveyors, or armed gangs?

The real question is whether you trust these guys to
catch either dopers or terrorists:

http://www.interpolnyc.com/

But okay, apart from that, none of you including the OP
understand this. Interpol is mostly a clearinghouse for
information. Interpol does not have a force of Interpol
ninja agents sniffing out terrorists or drug traffickers, or
breaking down dopers' doors. They don't even have a
fleet of black helicopters. (At least they _say_ they don't.)

Interpol agents do not actually go out to do investigations
and prosecutions in individual countries. (Can you
imagine the outcry from the America First brigades
if international police officers were traipsing around
the US arresting people?)

The original article is a press release and nothing more;
although it may affect some doping investigation somewhere,
it also reflects wishful thinking on WADA's part that this
is really going to affect doping.

Ben
The Man From D.U.M.B.A.S.S.

> The real question is whether you trust these guys to
> catch either dopers or terrorists:
>
> http://www.interpolnyc.com/

Do you have any idea how long it's been since any of those guys saw the light of
day?

> But okay, apart from that, none of you including the OP
> understand this. Interpol is mostly a clearinghouse for
> information. Interpol does not have a force of Interpol
> ninja agents sniffing out terrorists or drug traffickers, or
> breaking down dopers' doors. They don't even have a
> fleet of black helicopters. (At least they _say_ they don't.)

The UN has a few to spare.

> Interpol agents do not actually go out to do investigations
> and prosecutions in individual countries. (Can you
> imagine the outcry from the America First brigades
> if international police officers were traipsing around
> the US arresting people?)

Like we did to Khaled al-Masri?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

[email protected] wrote:

> The original article is a press release and nothing more;
> although it may affect some doping investigation somewhere,
> it also reflects wishful thinking on WADA's part that this
> is really going to affect doping.

WADA's business is selling wishful thinking. Invoking "Interpol" is
selling wishful thinking. --D-y

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:51:25 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>,
>> Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> in message <[email protected]>, Fred Pan
>>> ('[email protected]')

>>> Oh, do get a grip. Motorists in the UK alone kill more people every
>>> single
>>> year than Al Quaeda have ever killed, world wide, in any year. 'Global
>>> terrorism' is an insignificant problem when compared to road deaths,
>>> alcoholism, drug addiction, preventable disease.
>>>
>>> 2,726 people died in the collapse of the World Trade Center. That's
>>> equivalent to twenty-three days worth of US road kill; twelve days worth
>>> of US deaths from alcohol; just over a month of US deaths from shootings;
>>> slightly less than three days worth of US deaths from smoking tobacco.
>>>
>>> Twice as many people die in the US every year of aspirin overdoses[1] as
>>> died in the World Trade Center.
>>>
>>> [1] Not strictly just aspirin. Each year, use of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal
>>> Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) accounts for an estimated 7,600 deaths and
>>> 76,000
>>> hospitalizations in the United States. (NSAIDs include aspirin,
>>> ibuprofen,
>>> naproxen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, and tiaprofenic acid.)

>> That is not the point. How many _police_ were run down and
>> killed by motorists? What is the risk to Interpol agents
>> prosecuting sports dopers, compared to prosecuting drug
>> purveyors, or armed gangs?
>>
>> --
>> Michael Press

>What has, in part, gotten the attention of INTERPOL and other police
>agencies is he reality that these drug operations have become large,
>multi-national and are of the sophistication that organized crime might well
>be involved in the cross-border drug/bodily fluids trade. The involvement in
>Germany of agents for the good Spanish doctor Fuentes, has, from what I've
>read in the German press, piqued the interest of their federal prosecutors.
>It could also be that there is an involvement of significant numbers of
>football players which, if organized crime is involved with doping, could
>lead to the fixing of matches--as in Italy. Lastly, there is nothing in the
>VeloNews article to suggest that INTERPOL is being asked to focus on
>cycling, other than that the WADA/INTERPOL meeting was noted in the cycling
>press.

So let's just say they're interested in all forms of doping in sport. This would
number just how many perpetrators moving how many dollars? A few thousand and a
few million, respectively.

This is chickenshit small change. They've found a small, high-profile target
that won't shoot back.

Ron

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:51:25 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> In article
>>> <[email protected]>,

>>> That is not the point. How many _police_ were run down and
>>> killed by motorists? What is the risk to Interpol agents
>>> prosecuting sports dopers, compared to prosecuting drug
>>> purveyors, or armed gangs?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Press

>>What has, in part, gotten the attention of INTERPOL and other police
>>agencies is he reality that these drug operations have become large,
>>multi-national and are of the sophistication that organized crime might
>>well
>>be involved in the cross-border drug/bodily fluids trade. The involvement
>>in
>>Germany of agents for the good Spanish doctor Fuentes, has, from what I've
>>read in the German press, piqued the interest of their federal
>>prosecutors.
>>It could also be that there is an involvement of significant numbers of
>>football players which, if organized crime is involved with doping, could
>>lead to the fixing of matches--as in Italy. Lastly, there is nothing in
>>the
>>VeloNews article to suggest that INTERPOL is being asked to focus on
>>cycling, other than that the WADA/INTERPOL meeting was noted in the
>>cycling
>>press.

> So let's just say they're interested in all forms of doping in sport. This
> would
> number just how many perpetrators moving how many dollars? A few thousand
> and a
> few million, respectively.

You certainly have no idea.

> This is chickenshit small change.

Again, you have no idea

>They've found a small, high-profile target
> that won't shoot back.

Show us where anyone from INTERPOL has mentioned cycling. AFAIK, they
haven't. There is much that is going on trans-border that has been discused
in the Euro (and to some extent US) press about the involvment of the
Russian Mafia in many enterprises. There are other crimninal enterprises as
well. Just ask Vino about his friend the President back home. I doubt very
much that INTERPOL has much interest in cycling. Football, yes. I hate to
tell you, but cycling is not the center of the universe.

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:51:39 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:51:25 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>What has, in part, gotten the attention of INTERPOL and other police
>>>agencies is he reality that these drug operations have become large,
>>>multi-national and are of the sophistication that organized crime might
>>>well
>>>be involved in the cross-border drug/bodily fluids trade. The involvement
>>>in
>>>Germany of agents for the good Spanish doctor Fuentes, has, from what I've
>>>read in the German press, piqued the interest of their federal
>>>prosecutors.
>>>It could also be that there is an involvement of significant numbers of
>>>football players which, if organized crime is involved with doping, could
>>>lead to the fixing of matches--as in Italy. Lastly, there is nothing in
>>>the
>>>VeloNews article to suggest that INTERPOL is being asked to focus on
>>>cycling, other than that the WADA/INTERPOL meeting was noted in the
>>>cycling
>>>press.

>> So let's just say they're interested in all forms of doping in sport. This
>> would
>> number just how many perpetrators moving how many dollars? A few thousand
>> and a
>> few million, respectively.

>You certainly have no idea.
>

>> This is chickenshit small change.

>Again, you have no idea
>

>>They've found a small, high-profile target
>> that won't shoot back.

>Show us where anyone from INTERPOL has mentioned cycling. AFAIK, they
>haven't. There is much that is going on trans-border that has been discused
>in the Euro (and to some extent US) press about the involvment of the
>Russian Mafia in many enterprises. There are other crimninal enterprises as
>well. Just ask Vino about his friend the President back home. I doubt very
>much that INTERPOL has much interest in cycling. Football, yes. I hate to
>tell you, but cycling is not the center of the universe.

Why do you think I am focused on just cycling? I did not mention cycling. Can
you not read? I very clearly wrote: "So let's just say they're interested in all
forms of doping in sport." Even with all professional sports together this is
relatively small stuff. Perpetrators counted in the thousands and moneys in the
millions.

So rather than just say that I have no idea, provide something informative that
would give me an idea. Or do you only have half-assed rhetoric?

Ron

"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:51:39 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> So let's just say they're interested in all forms of doping in sport.
>>> This
>>> would
>>> number just how many perpetrators moving how many dollars? A few
>>> thousand
>>> and a
>>> few million, respectively.

>>You certainly have no idea.
>>

>>> This is chickenshit small change.

>>Again, you have no idea
>>

>>>They've found a small, high-profile target
>>> that won't shoot back.

>>Show us where anyone from INTERPOL has mentioned cycling. AFAIK, they
>>haven't. There is much that is going on trans-border that has been
>>discused
>>in the Euro (and to some extent US) press about the involvment of the
>>Russian Mafia in many enterprises. There are other crimninal enterprises
>>as
>>well. Just ask Vino about his friend the President back home. I doubt
>>very
>>much that INTERPOL has much interest in cycling. Football, yes. I hate to
>>tell you, but cycling is not the center of the universe.

> Why do you think I am focused on just cycling? I did not mention cycling.
> Can
> you not read? I very clearly wrote: "So let's just say they're interested
> in all
> forms of doping in sport." Even with all professional sports together
> this is
> relatively small stuff. Perpetrators counted in the thousands and moneys
> in the
> millions.

Right. I did mis-read what you wrote.

> So rather than just say that I have no idea, provide something informative
> that
> would give me an idea. Or do you only have half-assed rhetoric?

My statemtment is based on reading numerious news sources on-line from
Europe and elsewhere. If you do a google search and include the NY Times
and Washinton Post, you'll come up with a fair amount of reading on European
organized crime. Now go inform yourself as I have.

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:20:03 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:51:39 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"RonSonic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>You certainly have no idea.

>>>Again, you have no idea

>>>Show us where anyone from INTERPOL has mentioned cycling. AFAIK, they
>>>haven't. There is much that is going on trans-border that has been
>>>discused
>>>in the Euro (and to some extent US) press about the involvment of the
>>>Russian Mafia in many enterprises. There are other crimninal enterprises
>>>as
>>>well. Just ask Vino about his friend the President back home. I doubt
>>>very
>>>much that INTERPOL has much interest in cycling. Football, yes. I hate to
>>>tell you, but cycling is not the center of the universe.

>> Why do you think I am focused on just cycling? I did not mention cycling.
>> Can
>> you not read? I very clearly wrote: "So let's just say they're interested
>> in all
>> forms of doping in sport." Even with all professional sports together
>> this is
>> relatively small stuff. Perpetrators counted in the thousands and moneys
>> in the
>> millions.

>Right. I did mis-read what you wrote.
>>
>> So rather than just say that I have no idea, provide something informative
>> that
>> would give me an idea. Or do you only have half-assed rhetoric?

>My statemtment is based on reading numerious news sources on-line from
>Europe and elsewhere. If you do a google search and include the NY Times
>and Washinton Post, you'll come up with a fair amount of reading on European
>organized crime. Now go inform yourself as I have.

My personal knowledge of European organized crime ranges from insurance fraud to
black market Judaica with all the usual drug running, extortion, prostitution
and the other classics. So you're saying that dope for athletes is a big part of
that? I just don't see it. I am sure, for an example, that pot belge is not
0.01% of street sales of the same drugs.

Ron

In article
<[email protected]>,
RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

> So rather than just say that I have no idea, provide something informative
> that
> would give me an idea. Or do you only have half-assed rhetoric?

The proverbial nut shell.