All Newsgroups are the Pits!

Edward Dolan

Guest
Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All newsgroups are
just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever get an
intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself have
despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for is
raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?

But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than chat
rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager chat
rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a kid,
everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you would
get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on forever
with their idiocies.

I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and dumber
every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just chat with
one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems impossible to me
that so very many of you want nothing better than to stroke one another.

Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's sakes.
It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to overcome
it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That was what the
Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly indeed. Yea, we
humans should have been herd animals instead of the social creatures (with
all that implies) that we are.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and
> dumber every day I look in on you.

We've noticed

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All newsgroups
> are just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever
> get an intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself
> have despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for
> is raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?
>
> But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than chat
> rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager
> chat rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a
> kid, everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you
> would get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on
> forever with their idiocies.
>
> I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and
> dumber every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just
> chat with one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems
> impossible to me that so very many of you want nothing better than to
> stroke one another.
>
> Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's sakes.
> It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to
> overcome it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That
> was what the Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly
> indeed. Yea, we humans should have been herd animals instead of the social
> creatures (with all that implies) that we are.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Don't let door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All newsgroups are
> just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever get an
> intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself have
> despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for is
> raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?
>
> But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than chat
> rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager chat
> rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a kid,
> everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you would
> get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on forever
> with their idiocies.
>
> I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and dumber
> every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just chat with
> one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems impossible to me
> that so very many of you want nothing better than to stroke one another.
>
> Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's sakes.
> It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to overcome
> it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That was what the
> Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly indeed. Yea, we
> humans should have been herd animals instead of the social creatures (with
> all that implies) that we are.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

yes there are alot of idiots. People enjoy the false-flag and the
anonymity and thast manifests in an experience that is unlike normal
work.

Its not that bad. Just brush over it.

Just read what you want.

Look at it this way - you come here right? If you are so opposed to it
boycott!!!

Whether you know this or not - politics at Melbourne University were
affected by what people wrote on the toilet doors.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All newsgroups
>> are
>> just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever get
>> an
>> intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself have
>> despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for is
>> raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?
>>
>> But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than chat
>> rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager
>> chat
>> rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a
>> kid,
>> everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you
>> would
>> get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on
>> forever
>> with their idiocies.
>>
>> I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and
>> dumber
>> every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just chat
>> with
>> one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems impossible to
>> me
>> that so very many of you want nothing better than to stroke one another.
>>
>> Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's
>> sakes.
>> It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to
>> overcome
>> it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That was what
>> the
>> Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly indeed. Yea, we
>> humans should have been herd animals instead of the social creatures
>> (with
>> all that implies) that we are.

> yes there are alot of idiots. People enjoy the false-flag and the
> anonymity and thast manifests in an experience that is unlike normal
> work.
>
> Its not that bad. Just brush over it.
>
> Just read what you want.
>
> Look at it this way - you come here right? If you are so opposed to it
> boycott!!!
>
> Whether you know this or not - politics at Melbourne University were
> affected by what people wrote on the toilet doors.

I like to huff and puff and get everyone all excited. But you are quite
right. If and when I get REALLY fed up, I will just leave. Hells Bells, I
got along just fine before any of this nonsense known as the Internet and I
will get along just fine when I am done with it.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All newsgroups are
> > just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever get an
> > intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself have
> > despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for is
> > raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?
> >
> > But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than chat
> > rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager chat
> > rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a kid,
> > everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you would
> > get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on forever
> > with their idiocies.
> >
> > I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and dumber
> > every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just chat with
> > one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems impossible to me
> > that so very many of you want nothing better than to stroke one another.
> >
> > Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's sakes.
> > It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to overcome
> > it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That was what the
> > Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly indeed. Yea, we
> > humans should have been herd animals instead of the social creatures (with
> > all that implies) that we are.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> > aka
> > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

> yes there are alot of idiots. People enjoy the false-flag and the
> anonymity and thast manifests in an experience that is unlike normal
> work....

Edward Dolan, James McNamara and I use our real identities on Usenet.
While many advise against identifying oneself, anonymous posting
encourages cowardice, since it lack accountability.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> > > Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All newsgroups are
> > > just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever get an
> > > intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself have
> > > despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for is
> > > raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?
> > >
> > > But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than chat
> > > rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager chat
> > > rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a kid,
> > > everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you would
> > > get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on forever
> > > with their idiocies.
> > >
> > > I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and dumber
> > > every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just chat with
> > > one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems impossible to me
> > > that so very many of you want nothing better than to stroke one another.
> > >
> > > Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's sakes.
> > > It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to overcome
> > > it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That was what the
> > > Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly indeed. Yea, we
> > > humans should have been herd animals instead of the social creatures (with
> > > all that implies) that we are.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> > > aka
> > > Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

> > yes there are alot of idiots. People enjoy the false-flag and the
> > anonymity and thast manifests in an experience that is unlike normal
> > work....

> Edward Dolan, James McNamara and I use our real identities on Usenet.
> While many advise against identifying oneself, anonymous posting
> encourages cowardice, since it lack accountability.

True enough Tom (real names and real email addresses we 3 chose to
use), although I never actually go by the name James ... just entirely
too formal. Jim or Jimmy works for me.

Anonymity engenders audaciousness in the cowardly precisely because the
lack of accountability fosters a sense of impunity. In as much words,
that is what you were saying Tom ... was it not?

Jim McNamara

> Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] wrote:
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> > Why does anyone post a message to a newsgroup, pray tell? All
>> > newsgroups are
>> > just chock full of idiots, morons and cretins. If and when you ever get
>> > an
>> > intelligent message from any newsgroup it is a miracle. I myself have
>> > despaired of the confounded things. The only thing they are good for is
>> > raising your blood pressure and making you mad as hell. Who needs that?
>> >
>> > But in any event, newsgroups have become nothing more nor less than
>> > chat
>> > rooms for adults. You like to chat? You should look in on the teenager
>> > chat
>> > rooms to get a clue about how dumb the whole concept is. When I was a
>> > kid,
>> > everything was face to face and you had to watch what you said or you
>> > would
>> > get a poke in the nose. But these g.d. chat rooms (newsgroups) go on
>> > forever
>> > with their idiocies.
>> >
>> > I am fed up with the lot of you. I feel like I am getting dumber and
>> > dumber
>> > every day I look in on you. Why the hell do you all want to just chat
>> > with
>> > one another about absolutely nothing at all. God, it seems impossible
>> > to me
>> > that so very many of you want nothing better than to stroke one
>> > another.
>> >
>> > Hey, loneliness is the human condition. Get used to it for Christ's
>> > sakes.
>> > It is the price we pay for our individualism and there is no way to
>> > overcome
>> > it unless you want to enter into some kind of collective. That was what
>> > the
>> > Soviet Union was all about and it turned out very badly indeed. Yea, we
>> > humans should have been herd animals instead of the social creatures
>> > (with
>> > all that implies) that we are.

>> yes there are alot of idiots. People enjoy the false-flag and the
>> anonymity and thast manifests in an experience that is unlike normal
>> work....

> Edward Dolan, James McNamara and I use our real identities on Usenet.
> While many advise against identifying oneself, anonymous posting
> encourages cowardice, since it lack accountability.

When Ed Gin posted under his real name he did not seem half bad to me, but
when he posted under various user names, false names and forged names, he
became the worst scoundrel ARBR was ever infested with. He truly became a
criminal when he finally forged addresses not his own.

I do not have much objection to others using a user name as long as they do
not get too rambunctious, but when you get rambunctious like the three of us
usually are, then I believe only real names should be used. I dread to think
how awful I might become (Ed the Terrible!) if I knew I could be totally
anonymous with nary a chance of anyone ever discovering who I was. But I am
not here for that. I LIKE to take responsibility for what I say. The thought
of posting under any other name than my own holds no attraction for me. We
are all going to be anonymous in our graves soon enough.