Finally some photo's

tobbogonist

Guest
Ok i am kinda happy, these are the first photo's of me unicycling ever.

'mmm' (http://tinyurl.com/u8ecx)

It was wet, windy and miserable but i got some ok shots between the
water drops. Hopeing to gets some better ones and make a movie once
school is over.

--
tobbogonist

Unicycle:
Gives me somewhere to sit when i walk

Cookie Monster wrote:
> SON OF GOD!!! cookies! (mmm yum, crunch and other generally all round
> noises assosiated with eating cookies)

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

nice. haha your nimbus is gonna die really quick!

--
max_pfeifer

TheoELind wrote:
> If you can't get over the hate in one puny internet thread on a
> unicycling site, then you will never hack it out in the "real world"
> where crack smoking bumbs throw rocks at you while you're practicing
> your 360 unispin.

max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

finally some feedback. lol yeah its pretty much busted anyway. I am not
willing to take it any higher then those drops at the moment becaue the
cranks and hub are allready bent beyond recognition. Saving for a new
one is just so damn hard though...

--

Cookie Monster wrote:
> SON OF GOD!!! cookies! (mmm yum, crunch and other generally all round
> noises assosiated with eating cookies)

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

hey cool you look jamacin (sp?)

and no offense

--
iridemymuni

pixystix6 wrote:
> oo give him and intising lap dance while he rubs pasteries all over you

'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

wow, your seriously about to kill your uni!

i bent one of those hubs on a 5ft drop, im fairly light though.

--
tomtrevor

'A GALLERY!!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
><>THE UNICYCLE BIBLE<><

I hate going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're
next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
funerals.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

tomtrevor wrote:
> wow, your seriously about to kill your uni!

It is already dead to me.

jamacian? lol umm thankyou... you should have seen my hair before it
was done. afro much?

Anyone have tips on taking photo's in the future, out of about 40 taken
these were the only good ones.

--

Cookie Monster wrote:
> SON OF GOD!!! cookies! (mmm yum, crunch and other generally all round
> noises assosiated with eating cookies)

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

thankyou?

--

Cookie Monster wrote:
> SON OF GOD!!! cookies! (mmm yum, crunch and other generally all round
> noises assosiated with eating cookies)

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

get a better girlfriend

:p

ummmm, i dunno, def dont take pictures that are side on, i HATE tilting
my head for it.

--
iridemymuni

iridemymuni wrote:
> get a better girlfriend
>

> :p
>

> ummmm, i dunno, def dont take pictures that are side on, i HATE tilting
> my head for it.

lol she would love that comment, she thinks i am doing homework right
now.

Yeah i know the side on ones are a little irksome but she is like right
into photography and all that awards winning stuff and apartly it is
more appealing to be taken like that. She got right into it, the
photo's are good but they dont actually show much unicycling...

--

Cookie Monster wrote:
> SON OF GOD!!! cookies! (mmm yum, crunch and other generally all round
> noises assosiated with eating cookies)

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

Camera angles.

What you usually want is to make the thing that you're dong look
eXXXtreme (TO THE MAAAAAAAX)

The easiest way to get this effect is to take the shot from really
low.

Example.

Terribly sketchy no footer from a fairly high angle. Looks pretty bad,
correct?
[image:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/edsbelly/nofooter019toupload.jpg]

As opposed to this one, which looks pretty freakin' sweet. Taken from
really low, to make it look eXXXtreme (TO THE MAAAAX!!) - heh.. check
the facial expression =D

[image:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/edsbelly/nofooter017toupload.jpg]

And some more..

High angle, you can see that I only had this tiny little block around.

[image:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/edsbelly/nofooter021toupload.jpg]

This one looks like I'm standing on a big stump.

[image:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/edsbelly/nofooter022toupload.jpg]

Yes. Basically, think about the trick from the camera's point of view.
From the right angle you can make a little 3 set look much bigger than
it is.

I have no doubts that your girlfriend is a good photographer, just tell
her what to do =D

Hope this helped, because you have no idea how hard it is to take
photos of yourself while you're unicycling.

Ed

--
edsbelly

Stayin' Single and Keepin' it Wheel (but not 2 wheel)

evil-nick wrote:
> If unicycling were easy, it'd be called "your mother!"

d^.^b
`

tobbogonist wrote:
> ok i am off to milk some lions

Fork+Shoe=Spleen
Max's #1 fan
edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

Random peice of useless information:

Only Australians have replied to this thread. (And one Tasmanian who
can be an honourary Australian ^.^)

Ed

--

evil-nick wrote:
> If unicycling were easy, it'd be called "your mother!"

d^.^b
. `

tobbogonist wrote:
> Anyone have tips on taking photo's in the future, out of about 40 taken
> these were the only good ones.

There are sooooo may ways to take nice looking photos. I'd say that
-lighting- is really the key to anything. Try to take photos with the
sun at the photographers back so the subject is well lit. If it's a
rainy day, generally you're not going to get great pictures because the
camera must either a)reduce quality to keep a higher shutter speed or
b)decrease the shutter speed which makes things blurry. Basically, if
the camera has manual settings, try using those. If it doesn't and it
has presets like aperture priority (usually Av) or shutter speed
priority (Tv), try using shutter speed to get less blurred shots.
Also, -action- is really important ('example - can be a crash :)'
(http://tinyurl.com/yf479s) 'example 2' (http://tinyurl.com/ym6lb3)).
Sometimes shots of still standing and before you're about to make a
move/drop can come out nice, but generally shots of you making the
action will turn out more interesting. This takes time and skill and
knowing your camera well to time the shot for exactly when you want
it.

I'm by no means a great photographer, but check out my gallery to see
some more examples of what I'm talking about.

Color is also pretty important... ('example'
(http://tinyurl.com/y3ktsf))

Angle is also important. Basically (as with video), try -not- to shoot
from head height. If you're on a hill or something, sometimes shooting
from head height is the best, but generally try to change it up.
('example' (http://tinyurl.com/yx36bb) - I was laying on the ground for
this one).

It's common at first to only get a few good photos out of a bunch. The
longer you do it, the more decent shots you get.

(sorry, my website is slow... soon to be www.nohillnothrill.com)

To sum things up, try to include the following....
1) fast shutter speed (at least 1/250 if not 1/300) - if camera is
adjustable
2) lighting
3) color
4) angle
5) low aperture (wide open) to create background blurriness - if
adjustable
6) action

--
sugarloafur

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power, and magic in it. " - Goethe

*'My Gallery' (http://66.63.85.31/gallery/)*
sugarloafur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11213

maestro8 wrote:
> [image: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif]

sweet. I really should start using those things. but using
apostrophe's is so hard... Im going to go eat some taco's:D

--
timbob1907

Cheers,
___Tim
Post 110110 on MR

timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

edsbelly wrote:
> Camera angles.
>
> What you usually want is to make the thing that you're dong look
> eXXXtreme (TO THE MAAAAAAAX)
>
> The easiest way to get this effect is to take the shot from really
> low.
>
> Hope this helped, because you have no idea how hard it is to take
> photos of yourself while you're unicycling.
>
> Ed

Thanks Ed, now just to get as good as you ;)
Bring on the holidays