or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canary Wharf

post #1 of 8
I'm taking a new Job in Canary Wharf for HSBC.

Does anyone know of the bike parking / showers / changing facilities in the building or in the area?

Thanks TS
post #2 of 8

Re: Canary Wharf

TooSore wrote:
> I'm taking a new Job in Canary Wharf for HSBC.
>
> Does anyone know of the bike parking / showers / changing facilities in
> the building or in the area?

there are quite alot of sheffields around the whole CW estate. They
are quite well used but I am not sure how confident I would feel
security wise depending on the value of your bike. I would be very
surprised if the HSBC building didn't have showers. Have you asked them
about this and parking facilities. There is a health club near the
HSBC building (used to be branded Reebock, can't recall if it still is)
which HSBC might have some sort of relationship with (for example my
firm just off the estate has an arrangement with the adjacent hotel to
use their swimming pool and gym at a reduced rate)

best wishes
james
post #3 of 8

Re: Canary Wharf

jtaylor wrote:

> Get a really cheap bike, unrideable if you like.
>
> Leave it always locked to the stand - use two locks.
>
> When you arrrive on your real bike, take one lock off and use it for the
> real bike.

Genius! It would be a good idea to move the junker around a bit and
keep the tyres pumped up so that it doesn't appear abandoned.

--
Dave...
post #4 of 8

Re: Canary Wharf

dkahn400 wrote:
> jtaylor wrote:
>
>> Leave it always locked to the stand - use two locks.
>>
>> When you arrrive on your real bike, take one lock off and use it for the
>> real bike.

> Genius!

Rather selfish surely?

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune
post #5 of 8

Re: Canary Wharf

Arthur Clune wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:

> > Genius!

> Rather selfish surely?

Possibly, but I think that depends on how much pressure there is on
cycle parking spaces. If it makes it harder for other cyclists to park
I would agree. If not, then it's just cunning.

--
Dave...
post #6 of 8

Re: Canary Wharf

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:16:58 +1100, TooSore
<TooSore.23ogh3@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

>I'm taking a new Job in Canary Wharf for HSBC.
>
>Does anyone know of the bike parking / showers / changing facilities in
>the building or in the area?

I have seen many bicycles in the car park below the HSBC building.
--
Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club

Re: Canary Wharf

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:55:04 +0000, John Hearns <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Don't know what way you are coming in from, but there is a ferry service
>from the Rotherhithe side, should you want to vary the route. It does cost
>a couple of quid.

Or to commute across the Thames for free get one of these:
http://www.shuttlebike.com/
--
Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club
to ride a stationary bicycle. -
Congressman Earl Blumenauer (Oregon)
post #8 of 8

Re: Canary Wharf

Arthur Clune wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:
>> jtaylor wrote:
>>
>>> Leave it always locked to the stand - use two locks.
>>>
>>> When you arrrive on your real bike, take one lock off and use it
>>> for the real bike.

>> Genius!

> Rather selfish surely?

Not if the hack bike is a reserve for any bike-less colleague in the event
of a tube strike ;-)

~PB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home