or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

post #1 of 16
Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Re: What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.
>
> --
> ~Karen aka Kajikit
> Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
> http://www.kajikitscorner.com
> Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit

Mix it with some diet soda or even seltzer?

Lou
post #3 of 16

Re: What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

We often have Kerns peach nectar around here, but this should be true
for any nectar.

If there should ever be any left (which seldom happens with a teen
son), I'll either make a (really-yummy) smoothie with it (using milk,
ice cream, and/or just yogurt) or a slushy with ice, or freeze what's
left in a paper cup or plastic ziptop bag for later.

Diane B.
post #4 of 16

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Mix it with a jigger of peach schnapps and a jigger of vodka. Sit down
and drink it. You'll feel (wait for it...) peachy.

Pastorio
post #5 of 16

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
What should I do with the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to
waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

> ~Karen aka Kajikit

If I remember correctly, it was your husband who demanded that you not
drink it as intended initially but cook with it... I say drink it and
to hubby be da....

uh... sorry... Kev
post #6 of 16

Re: What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

Peach nectar?

Not quite a Bellini, but tasty with peach schnapps and champagne. You can
also toss it in the blender with peaches - fresh or canned - and ice to
make it frozen.
post #7 of 16

Re: What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

On Thu 02 Feb 2006 01:20:43p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it pgluth1?

> Peach nectar?
>
> Not quite a Bellini, but tasty with peach schnapps and champagne. You can
> also toss it in the blender with peaches - fresh or canned - and ice to
> make it frozen.

Or you could simply make a peach smoothie.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA
post #8 of 16

"Karen AKA Kajikit" <kajikit@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Make a smoothie...

Sharon
post #9 of 16

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Make bellinis!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week...

Make a peach chicken martini!! kev
post #11 of 16

Karen wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Add a tiny bit of lime juice and enough club soda to thin it. Drink as is,
or add rum.

Bob
post #12 of 16

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:46:16 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Why not cut it with some sparkling water?

post #13 of 16

On 2 Feb 2006 12:00:36 -0800, "kevnbro" <kevnbro@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> What should I do with the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to
>waste it by letting
>> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

>> ~Karen aka Kajikit

> If I remember correctly, it was your husband who demanded that you not
>drink it as intended initially but cook with it... I say drink it and
>to hubby be da....
>
> uh... sorry... Kev

lol! We did end up drinking it... I didn't have any other chilled
juice yesterday so he had a glass with his dinner. That just about
polished off the bottle, and tonight I mixed some with apple juice. By
tomorrow night the rest will be gone because that was YUMMY!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit
post #14 of 16

Re: What to do with the other half-bottle of peach nectar?

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:40:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
<ancientangler@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Karen AKA Kajikit" <kajikit@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
>> fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
>> peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
>> the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
>> it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.
>>
>> --
>> ~Karen aka Kajikit

>Obviously, you should inform your favorite naked person that you're about to
>pour it all over your body, and then, do it. Easy, yes? :-)

Sounds waaaaaaaaaaaay too messy... I'll settle for drinking it!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit
post #15 of 16

<kajikit@gmail.com> wrote:

>Okay, I opened the bottle to make peach chicken and it worked out just
>fine but I obviously don't want to make it again this week... and the
>peach nectar is a bit sweet to drink by itself. What should I do with
>the other half bottle? I certainly don't want to waste it by letting
>it ferment in the fridge and I'm not sure how long it will stay good.

Freeze it. Then you have quite a while to think about what you're
going to do with it.

Jo Anne
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home