Is it just me or is Kelly Hickman under-rated?

KlownLife

Guest
That's right, the title says it all. I watched a couple of vids of Kelly
the other day a noticed he was looking for sponsorship, the question I
ask, is why the hell shouldn't he? This guy is a fantastic street
rider, one of the best around today and I definately think he could
stand up in competition.
So this is my idea of a petition, if you like Kelly's riding and you
think he should be sponsored, voice your opinion, maybe some sponsor
will see it and Kelly will be up there with the best where he belongs.

Jas

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
> It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
> tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
> helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
> doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Kelly is awesome. Hes almost as good as shaun for some things(and
better(if I'm not mistaken) at other tricks)

Sponsor Kelly!

--
mornish

mscalisi wrote:
> wait...invisible AND pink?

'please... help save flightline'
(http://www.rideflightline.com/save_the_trails.html)
msn: mornish AT gmail DOT com
aim: kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

I thought he already -was- sponsored?

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

"In summary: You want to make sure your Koxx is hard enough before you
start drilling."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

I think that guy Jeff Liechti (skate4flip) is underrated:p

Butyeah, Kelly is definitly really good.

--
skate4flip

reply '23k' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25k'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29k' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37k' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41k'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), post '47k' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y), and
reply '61k' (http://tinyurl.com/mds6t) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 8/17/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Kelly is such an amazing rider!

I think he holds some of the street records. :D

I also think Jess is under-rated, mainly with what you can do with
freestyle. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

Jerrick wrote:
> Kelly is such an amazing rider!
>
> I think he holds some of the street records. :D
>
> I also think Jess is under-rated, mainly with what you can do with
> freestyle. =p

Jess?

I think Kelly is, I only really started to notice him when he
doubleflipped and 180 doubleflipped the sets. I really think that he
is an awesome rider mostly just because when he learns a trick, he goes
and does it big.

Mike

--
swarbrim

Add me at: mike41ishere <att> hotmail <dott> com

'i like things big' - Amand'a'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixN5q8-tew)

'ive got a pen in my ear, it feels funny' - Dustin Schaap
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

swarbrim wrote:
> Jess?
>
> I think Kelly is, I only really started to notice him when he
> doubleflipped and double 180flipped the sets. I really think that he
> is an awesome rider mostly just because *when he learns a trick, he
> goes and does it big*.
>
> Mike

I ment to put Jeff, somehow I put two s's instead of f's. :eek:

Thats what I like about him too. =p

--

swarbrim wrote:

> I think Kelly is, I only really started to notice him when he
> doubleflipped and 180 doubleflipped the sets. I really think that he
> is an awesome rider mostly just because when he learns a trick, he goes
> and does it big.
>
> Mike

My thoughts exactly mike. I thought he was decent, but then I saw the
IPOD vid with shaun, for me, that's when he became a great rider. I too
really like how he goes really big, sort of early shaun (macht nada),
double flips down sets and big grinds, love to watch that stuff.

Anyone else gonna join the party?

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
> It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
> tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
> helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
> doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Did I miss the part where Kelly got rated, or rated less than some other
riders?

There are no links to videos of him in this thread yet.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Ppl are being killed out there from gang on gang vilence... and all my
bad spelling mistakes... " -- Dumpweed, on keeping things in
perspective

johnfoss wrote:
> Did I miss the part where Kelly got rated, or rated less than some other
> riders?

It's more about recognition than anything else John. He isn't sponsored
eventhough he is good enough to be. I know sponsorship does not make a
rider, but if he wants to be, I know he could stand up against the best
street riders from every sponsor e.g. Shaun, Xavier, Lucas etc. I also
believe he is over looked when talking about good riders purely because
he wasn't in "Defect" or any other mainstream movie.

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
> It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
> tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
> helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
> doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

lol me in the same sentence as shaun n xav cheers m8 lol, its threads
like these that gets sponsorship confused.
in skating its all bout ability same as with most extreme sports but
for now while unicycling is still growing an relatively small. its not
just about ability, its about work u can do for the sponsor, be it by
promoting in that country, so eg companys mite not want more than one
rider per country because it seems pointless for now any way.
Its about attitude, not sayin kelly has anything wrong with his
obviously but maybe he just hasnt been introduced to the right person
yet.
Its about writing the right email or making the right contact and
creating the right impression.
And its about being a use to them over all, there not just doing it to
give free stuff to riders, they must see a benefit in sponsoring the
rider.

I agree with most and think that kelly is awesome and probably should
be sponsored but there are loads of decent riders that arent, his name
has gone from my head, but the guy from ill that was awesome and
everyone was raving about dont think he is, is sabin arditty, those are
now 2 of my favourite riders and im not sure if there are or not.

Thats my 2 pence lol

--
Lucas1wheel

2 times british freestyle champion lol
Level 7
Uk Unicycle basketball team woo
http://www.qu-ax.com/
'Wow, great job! I liked that lucas whip thing!'
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

yeah, you've made a valid point there Luc, I s'pose at the moment
sponsors can't always afford to sponsor as many riders as they would
like and you're right, there are alot of great riders out there who
aren't sponsored Sabin to name one.
I guess, without going off topic too much, we need to improve the
financial side of unicycling before we can expect sponsorship to be
more open and regular. Although, saying that, in skating, it seems like
there are so many sponsored riders who sometimes, in my personal
opinion, don't always deserve sponsorship. I guess a positive about the
current state of unicycle sponsorship is that only good riders get
sponsered eg. Shaun, Xavier and Lucas :D

Keep the comments coming guys, maybe even Kelly might have a word or
two to say.

Jas

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
> It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
> tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
> helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
> doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.
>
> -Shaun Johanneson

661?). adding to what lucas said, there are loads of great riders that
arent sponsored, mike swarbrick for example. he should be sponsored
too.

--
amanda.gallacher

-->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

oh yh lol sorry mike ha rite under my nose arnt u like the 2nd in the uk
to crankflip ha ha na jokin m8 u willl get sponsored soon bmw will
start makin unis n will sponsor u lol

--
Lucas1wheel

2 times british freestyle champion lol
Level 7
Uk Unicycle basketball team woo
http://www.qu-ax.com/
'Wow, great job! I liked that lucas whip thing!'
Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

i talk to kelly here and there. next time i do ill show him this. hes
said he hates how like his vids dont get enough respect. i think hes
amazing. hes doubleflipped a 5 stair.

amanda.gallacher wrote:
> kelly is a great rider and should be sponsored (isnt he sponsored by
> 661?). adding to what lucas said, there are loads of great riders that
> arent sponsored, mike swarbrick for example. he should be sponsored
> too.

AND jon peacock. that kid is amazing.

--
AllThingsUni
AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306

AllThingsUni wrote:
> i talk to kelly here and there. next time i do ill show him this. hes
> said he hates how like his vids dont get enough respect. i think hes
> amazing. hes doubleflipped a 5 stair.

I doubt he will like that you said that...:p

And, I love his videos, I don't always tend to reply (maybe I should?)
but I think he gets more respect than he thinks. I think his
Hickdoubleflip down that 4 set was more impressive.

Same with Jonny, he is awesome too.

Mike