Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.
--
Remove norubbish to reply

On 2006-12-18, Jack Russell (aka Bruce)
> This week Summer Extra 5 rides in Sydney by someone called Tim ****.
> Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.

And on the front page of one of this weekend's sections, my mountain
got a mention and a photograph. Something about Sydneysiders turning
their lights off for a whopping hour in March. Ha, bet you they can't
handle it.

Seems this climate change thing has finally been caught onto by the
public... after 30 years. Anyone else remember being taught all this
stuff in primary school decades ago?

--
TimC
Adding features does not necessarily increase functionality -- it just

TimC wrote:

> Seems this climate change thing has finally been caught onto by the
> public... after 30 years. Anyone else remember being taught all this
> stuff in primary school decades ago?

Ha! When I was a lad in primary school, the world was still flat.

Theo

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-12-18, Jack Russell (aka Bruce)
> > This week Summer Extra 5 rides in Sydney by someone called Tim ****.
> > Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.

> And on the front page of one of this weekend's sections, my mountain
> got a mention and a photograph. Something about Sydneysiders turning
> their lights off for a whopping hour in March. Ha, bet you they can't
> handle it.
>
> Seems this climate change thing has finally been caught onto by the
> public... after 30 years. Anyone else remember being taught all this
> stuff in primary school decades ago?

yeh.. but we were all going to freeze to death due to a new ice age or
starve die to overpopulation by the late 80's.

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-12-18, Jack Russell (aka Bruce)
> > This week Summer Extra 5 rides in Sydney by someone called Tim ****.
> > Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.

> And on the front page of one of this weekend's sections, my mountain
> got a mention and a photograph. Something about Sydneysiders turning
> their lights off for a whopping hour in March. Ha, bet you they can't
> handle it.
>
> Seems this climate change thing has finally been caught onto by the
> public... after 30 years. Anyone else remember being taught all this
> stuff in primary school decades ago?

yeh.. but we were all going to freeze to death due to a new ice age or
starve due to overpopulation by the late 80's.

Jack Russell said:
This week Summer Extra 5 rides in Sydney by someone called Tim ****.
Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.

Link to article or isn't this online?

cfsmtb wrote:
> Jack Russell Wrote:
>
>>This week Summer Extra 5 rides in Sydney by someone called Tim ****.
>>Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.
>>

> Link to article or isn't this online?

I do not know, the crossword is not so I buy the paper version!

--
Remove norubbish to reply

Jack Russell wrote:
> This week Summer Extra 5 rides in Sydney by someone called Tim ****.
> Good on him, hope they are all as good as the first.
> --
> Remove norubbish to reply

Trouble is, the tone of the reports I have read so far is very bad
tempered.
He complains about pedestrians and just about everything else.
No joy at all.
Not likely to convince many people that riding is great fun.

Artoi wrote:
> "Theo Bekkers" wrote:

>> Ha! When I was a lad in primary school, the world was still flat.

> There were no primary schools when the world was flat...

You say that like you were there. I went to the East of Eden primary school.
Jonas was a grade ahead of me. He wagged a lot to go fishing.

Theo

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:43:56 +1100, Jack Russell wrote:

> I do not know, the crossword is not so I buy the paper version!

The crosswords are online, though you can't print them out anymore without
subscribing (you need a free registation to get into the site).
http://www.crossword.smh.com.au/

dewatf.

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:06:24 +0900, Theo Bekkers wrote:

> You say that like you were there. I went to the East of Eden primary
> school. Jonas was a grade ahead of me. He wagged a lot to go fishing.

And yet you landed that one.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
And you don't think the government lets you buy _real_ tinfoil do you?

Dave Hughes wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> You say that like you were there. I went to the East of Eden primary
>> school. Jonas was a grade ahead of me. He wagged a lot to go fishing.

> And yet you landed that one.

As I recall, the fish caught Jonas. :)

Theo

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:36:24 +1100, TimC wrote:

> Seems this climate change thing has finally been caught onto by the
> public... after 30 years. Anyone else remember being taught all this
> stuff in primary school decades ago?

Thirty years ago scientist were worried about the fact that we were 18,000
years into an interglacial period that range from 10-20 000 years.

20 years ago they became worried about about greenhouse effects. Greenhouse
theory goes back to the 1800s.

dewatf.